Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont feel like meat/ chicken etc any more

Options
  • 01-03-2013 2:28pm
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

I do like meat but gone off it recently and would love to try a veg diet for a while. Just home after a long shift and not going out the door again till tomorrow. I have...
    Bag of rooster spuds
    Carrots
    brocolli
    Cauliflower
    Tomatoes
    Onion
    I also have oil, herbs etc and a steamer and a microwave etc and would a nice idea for tonight cos I just feel like a cosy night in
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What about some fish? Lots of variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Well whatever you do, don't post a pic from this site as your creation (again) ;)
    http://www.coppercountyfoods.ca/frozen-ready-meals/vegetarian-ready-meals

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

catallus wrote: »
    What about some fish? Lots of variety.

Damm you ! I have Wrights in Marino fish shop just 4 mins walk from me and my shoes are off. Right ! Shoes back on, Whats a nice thick fish I can cut into ? Dont like skinny fish. Cod ? But thank you. I was there a few weeks ago and saw they did mixed fish in bits by the Lb for chowder etc. Might start a new thread for that and Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

andym1 wrote: »
    Damm you ! I have Wrights in Marino fish shop just 4 mins walk from me and my shoes are off. Right ! Shoes back on, Whats a nice thick fish I can cut into ? Dont like skinny fish. Cod ? But thank you. I was there a few weeks ago and saw they did mixed fish in bits by the Lb for chowder etc. Might start a new thread for that and Thanks !

Well here's what I'm making tonight -

Mackerel Baps (a la Hughs Fish Fight)

Mackerel fillets with bones taken out -

Scroll to the 6th last picture and follow instructions from there http://www.creamuntilfluffy.co.uk/how-to-fillet-a-mackerel/

Big baps from Aldi - White or Wholegrain ones

Tartare Sauce

Optional - Iceberg Lettuce and Vine Tomatoes

Flour the fillets and then put them through 2 beaten eggs to coat

Deep fry them until they float

Toast your bap

Put in your Tartare sauce and if using Iceberg lettuce and Vine Tomatoes

Stuff in your mouth and enjoy

Flavour meant to be brilliant

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Well whatever you do, don't post a pic from this site as your creation (again) ;)
    http://www.coppercountyfoods.ca/frozen-ready-meals/vegetarian-ready-meals

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd make a nice veg curry with that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

andym1 there is an abundance of veggie recipes in the Vegan & Vegetarian forum.
    Since you already have a thread asking about fish recipes here in the cooking & Recipes forum, I'll close this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

andym1 wrote: »
    ?
    PM me if you are confused & want this thread reopened.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement