Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV 21" - 26"

Options
  • 01-03-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Anyone know or recommend any good tv deals, looking for a tv in the 21" - 26" bracket, online or bricks and motar don't mind

Budget of around €200, but may increase

Main requirement is that it has a usb port that plays movies, not just music and pictures

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I picked up this Samsung 24" from Curry's recently for $219.99

I'm happy with it so far, plays all files i've tried from USB. Only 'downside' i've seen is that it does not have SaorView built in, but I put it in the bedroom with basic UPC cabled in so hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I bought it using my voucher (only for Currys) from UPC sign up, so I was definitley influenced by this in my choice.

You can pick up a few same spec'd tvs in Argos for a bit cheaper, but not as good a named brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

DavyD_83 wrote: »

I'm happy with it so far, plays all files i've tried from USB. Only 'downside' i've seen is that it does not have SaorView built in, but I put it in the bedroom with basic UPC cabled in so hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I bought it using my voucher (only for Currys) from UPC sign up, so I was definitley influenced by this in my choice.

You can pick up a few same spec'd tvs in Argos for a bit cheaper, but not as good a named brand.

Cheers, i've been looking at this using parcel motel but not sure if it meets size requirements so I don't get stung for extra delivery charge, still works out cheap tho

Logik 24"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

DavyD_83 wrote: »

I was thinking of getting a tv from currys for the purpose of watching soarview. The tv in your link says it has Irish digital tuner, is this different to soarview and what exactly can you pick up with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Kolido wrote: »

I was thinking of getting a tv from currys for the purpose of watching soarview. The tv in your link says it has Irish digital tuner, is this different to soarview and what exactly can you pick up with it?
    The very same content.it may not have the interactive features ie tele text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Kolido wrote: »

I thouhg tIrish Digital in the ad meant it would have Saorview. When I hooked it up - just UPC RF feed - and ran channel auto-setup, it sourced 17 Analogue Channels, and 8 Digital (which I assumed must be the Saorvioew channels, possibly incorrectly??).

17 Analogue channels work perfectly. But when I try to view the 'digital channels' I get a message on the screen saying something along the lines of: "decoder required to view".

I figured this meant the TV did not have an on-board Saorview tuner, and also thought it explained why the 24" cost a tenner less than 22"(guessed it had SV).
    As I still receive the channels via UPC it wasn't a real issue for me and I haven't investigated any further.
    Kind of intrigued now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

you need to use an ariel that would have gotten you the four basic irish stations not the chorus ntl cable

Advertisement