Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rules for The Island

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Are all drugs banned? Alcohol? Coffee? Paracetamol?

Invade this island and liberate its people.

No one will be there against their will... FREE dinghys for all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

No one will be there against their will... FREE dinghys for all

All right then. I change my suggestion to avoid this island, at all costs. The people who would choose to live there must be minus craic

Will you be addressed as glorious leader or king? Also, where do you stand on prostitution and gambling?

All right then. I change my suggestion to avoid this island, at all costs. The people who would choose to live there must be minus craic

its crack and yes, all drugs banned :-)

gallag wrote: »
    Will you be addressed as glorious leader or king? Also, where do you stand on prostitution and gambling?

i'd prefer to be called Island Supervisor...i'm not the centre-of-attention type

its crack and yes, all drugs banned :-)

Even like penicillin and caffeine and alcohol and a paracetemol?

Even like penicillin and caffeine and alcohol and a paracetemol?

Only those deemed illegal in Ireland...and Dutch gold

Can people keep exotic pets? And will there be any laws or regulations regarding masterbation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

geeby wrote: »

What about Danish Gold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Why would you use the rules of one sh*thole to govern another. If you like the Irish laws so much and don't want to be supreme leader whats the point of you having your own island???

What if at some point after the island's creation Ireland relaxes its law on, say, cannabis?

So the more damaging and addictive alcohol is allowed but no weed? Can this be appealed?

Can people keep exotic pets? And will there be any laws or regulations regarding masterbation?

Only rules on masturbation are that you spell it correctly and don't do it in public.
    Exotic pets needed to be approved by peers due to possible infestation

I see you're curious now ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Democracy for some

Miniature Irish flags for others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Will there be a dole office next the airport?

... in fact will there be an airport?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Will there be a dole office next the airport?

... in fact will there be an airport?

No dole office there. No dole for first 6 months of inhabitation. Support yourself

Will indeed be an airport. intending to use an island between US and ireland to take advantage of emergency landings and the LARGE fees we can charge for them ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

No dole office there. No dole for first 6 months of inhabitation. Support yourself

Will there be free crutches?

Only rules on masturbation are that you spell it correctly and don't do it in public.
    Exotic pets needed to be approved by peers due to possible infestation

I see you're curious now ;-)
    I was curious but no weed or public masturbation is kinda a deal breaker :-(

So the more damaging and addictive alcohol is allowed but no weed? Can this be appealed?

you will find an appeal form in your dinghy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

So, in my imagination, I am purchasing an Island and inviting people to create a community there. What rules would you make??
    Some of mine are:
    All children from birth (and new inhabitants) to be fingerprinted, have DNA taken and wear a microchipped piece of unremoveable jewellery. Hoping this reduces/eliminates crime

If we do have crime, then the death penalty exists and pickpockets and thieves lose a finger per crime. Three fingers lost means expulsion from the island

Bankers salaries are capped and nurses must earn a higher average wage than them.

No religion on the island.

Unemployed people must do 40 hours per week of community service until such time as they become employed.

Mandatory random drug tests. People caught must leave the island.

No Liverpool supporters.

Any more suggestions welcome!!

Get rid of the rule-makers they're obsessed with Crime.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Will there be free crutches?

Free medical care and bad jokes are encouraged. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

http://www.sealandgov.org/

^^^^Someone already beat you to it OP

not really big enough and how do we grow food?
    Not even big enough for the supply of dinghys i will need :-S

I just worry that you are not committed to being a dictator, you seem a bit namby pamby, even Gaddafi who is not even in my top five despot dictator list promoted himself to colonel. Free dinghies? Free health care? Benefits? Next you will be saying women will have equal rights. I like the forced amputation for thieves but every dictator is at that, you need to stand out, mabey publicly stoning any woman who gets accused of witch craft? It can be your signature move. I dont want to join up only to have north Koreans looking down at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Will you have sky?

Will you have sky?
    Or a nuclear program? Obviously for clean energy lol

I just worry that you are not committed to being a dictator, you seem a bit namby pamby, even Gaddafi who is not even in my top five despot dictator list promoted himself to colonel. Free dinghies? Free health care? Benefits? Next you will be saying women will have equal rights. I like the forced amputation for thieves but every dictator is at that, you need to stand out, mabey publicly stoning any woman who gets accused of witch craft? It can be your signature move. I dont want to join up only to have north Koreans looking down at me.

I'm gonna have to think about this. I thought my control of the birthrate could be my signature but clearly it doesnt impress you.

yes, we will have sky. And i'm guessing we could watch the saturday 3pm kickoffs on it due to the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Anyone who makes too many rules will be ejected from my island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

What sport will be on the island?

You're tempting me with paying me more money but I'm not convinced.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna have to think about this. I thought my control of the birthrate could be my signature but clearly it doesnt impress you.

yes, we will have sky. And i'm guessing we could watch the saturday 3pm kickoffs on it due to the distance
    Pssshhh, sure the jews have been doing forced birth control for ages, I appreciate the 3pm kickoffs but should the people not be working?

Pssshhh, sure the jews have been doing forced birth control for ages, I appreciate the 3pm kickoffs but should the people not be working?

I'm thinking you work alternate weekends so services are always available but people have a decent social life.

Sports on the island. Well, beach volleyeball football, rugby and shooting. the shooting will be for defensive and olympic medal purposes, therefore must be amateur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

No caravans allowed on my island- they actually enforce this in Jersey CI:)

Come to my island. I allow everything the OP's one doesn't. Plus there's cake. And small miniature flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Will we be allowed wake you at night if we can't sleep ?

Who gets the fingers that are chopped off ?

Are we allowing tourists visit ? if so can they be asked to wear their GAA colours ?

mattjack wrote: »
    Will we be allowed wake you at night if we can't sleep ?

Who gets the fingers that are chopped off ?

Are we allowing tourists visit ? if so can they be asked to wear their GAA colours ?

No waking me. everyone gets two sheep so count those.
    No Gaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

No waking me. everyone gets two sheep so count those.
    No Gaa

Only two sheep?

No GAA?

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Naked Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can 'Ghost Town' be our national anthem. It could be our little in joke on the rest of the world.

• Advertisement

So, in my imagination, I am purchasing Nazi Germany and inviting people to create a community there.

FYP :pac:

So, in my imagination, I am purchasing Nazi Germany and inviting people to create a community there.
    FAP :pac:

enjoy!

Can you expand on your fiscal/forign policy? Perhaps employ the n.Korea policy of threatening nuclear attack for concessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭puppieperson

no fat people / no ugly people or those with room temperature IQ's

no fat people / no ugly people or those with room temperature IQ's

I'd have to kick myself out then!!
    I'm going to use small doors in all hospitals and doctors surgeries so if you cant fit in, you dont get treatment. think i should do the same for fast food places??

Can you expand on your fiscal/forign policy? Perhaps employ the n.Korea policy of threatening nuclear attack for concessions?

I will limit the number of working holiday visas. Tourists can have a 7 day visa, dependent on them wearing the trackers. Can't have any illegals. We won't be in the EU so that should keep out most undesirables

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Why no scouse supporters OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

So, in my imagination, I am purchasing an Island and inviting people to create a community there. What rules would you make??
    Some of mine are:
    All children from birth (and new inhabitants) to be fingerprinted, have DNA taken and wear a microchipped piece of unremoveable jewellery. Hoping this reduces/eliminates crime

If we do have crime, then the death penalty exists and pickpockets and thieves lose a finger per crime. Three fingers lost means expulsion from the island

Bankers salaries are capped and nurses must earn a higher average wage than them.

No religion on the island.

Unemployed people must do 40 hours per week of community service until such time as they become employed.

Mandatory random drug tests. People caught must leave the island.

No Liverpool supporters.

Any more suggestions welcome!!

And when you have miscarriages of justice??? They happen in every system!

So you make it harder for criminals to find honest work by maiming them??

Stupid island.
    I assume all laws will be obeyed and all other countries will respect ours.
    No murder no rape no violence...no war....no weapons..no discrimination .against genders races gays or transgendered people.... no stealing...no scamming...no drugs..no white collar crime..no child abuse...
    NO JUNK FOOD..

You must be a nice decent person to be a citizen.....we are awfully sorry if you are nasty or unpleasant or evil...you would not like it here anyway :-)

So if you commit a crime...you lose citizenship and must leave

Sublte and discreet prostitution is allowed but not on streets

NO LITTERING

It has to look nice and aesthetically beautiful......that's it..

No preaching of religion to anyone under 18....and no tax exemptions for religious organizations.

Zero corporate tax rate.

Lou.m wrote: »
    And when you have miscarriages of justice??? They happen in every system!

So you make it harder for criminals to find honest work by maiming them??

Stupid island.
    I assume all laws will be obeyed and all other countries will respect ours.
    No murder no rape no violence...no war....no weapons..no discrimination .against genders races gays or transgendered people.... no stealing...no scamming...no drugs..no white collar crime..no child abuse...
    NO JUNK FOOD..

You must be a nice decent person to be a citizen.....we are awfully sorry if you are nasty or unpleasant or evil...you would not like it here anyway :-)

So if you commit a crime...you lose citizenship and must leave

Sublte and discreet prostitution is allowed but not on streets

NO LITTERING

It has to look nice and aesthetically beautiful......that's it..

No preaching of religion to anyone under 18....and no tax exemptions for religious organizations.

Zero corporate tax rate.

You have some good ideas but plz don't call the island stupid. Its amazing!!

No littering AND no chewing gum as per singapore
    Free bins should help. We will use the rubbish to reclaim land and make the island bigger.

Use the unemployed to keep the place looking good. No jobs to be posted or interviews held before 4pm on weekdays so the unemployed arent at a disadvantage

Prostitution as per Australia. you see it only if you are looking for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

I dont want to be on a stupid gay island that is jealous of 5 european cups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

You seem to believe crime exists due to lack of surveillance. There's many exceptions (sexual crimes etc.) but in my opinion, crime generally exists because of poverty and poor education (I think poor parenting would fall into that category).

You'd have a much happier society if you tried to prevent crime in the first place.

(Your island sounds like minus craic btw)

• Advertisement
Advertisement