Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I paid full price for Etrian Odyssey IV so that's a very good price for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Anyone have Hot Wheels Worlds Best Driver? My son reminisces daily on his Hot Wheels for ds1. He has a ds2 now and has Mario Kart. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Was in Stephen's Green gamestop earlier, saw the following deals......there were others but I can't remember exactly what

3DS

€30: Luigi's mansion 2, NES Remix, Poxemon X/Y, Prof. Layton Vs Phoenix Wright, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus (big box), Donkey Kong

€20: Rayman Triple pack

Wii U

€30: Pikmin 3, Captain Toad
    €40: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule warriors (not sure if this was 40 or 45)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kalinda wrote: »
    Anyone have Hot Wheels Worlds Best Driver? My son reminisces daily on his Hot Wheels for ds1. He has a ds2 now and has Mario Kart. Thanks.

CEX in Letterkenny have it for 18 euro

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5051892143745#.VRk-w5FwZnE

Gamestop in Letterkenny, Dundalk and Waterford also seem to have it for €19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

How can you tell me what gamestops around country have? I rang Gamestop helpline and they couldn't even tell me that!! Thanks, I think I will be getting on the road!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How can you tell me what gamestops around country have? I rang Gamestop helpline and they couldn't even tell me that!! Thanks, I think I will be getting on the road!!

CEX will post it for 5 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

bkrangle wrote: »
    Wii U

€30: Pikmin 3, Captain Toad
    €40: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule warriors (not sure if this was 40 or 45)

Wii U

€30: Pikmin 3,(good price) Captain Toad(good price)
    €40: Bayonetta 2(was it the single or double pack? Not a good price if it's just the solus game), Hyrule warriors (not sure if this was 40 or 45)(can be bought for cheaper online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got The Wonderful 101 for €39.99 too (not sure if that is standard price or discount, but seemed pretty decent to me). Getting hard to find, so I just grabbed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

3 for 2 on selected Lego Games on Amazon Germany.
    Lego Games savings. Action: 3 for 2
    Order now three Lego video games of your choice and get the cheapest game free
    Click any of the three desired Lego games and place all three product to the cart. Place your order continues as usual. The savings for the best match is displayed at the end of the ordering process in Register Home
    NOTE:
    • The promotion runs from 30/03/2015 to 12/04/2015 and is only valid for the products listed below games.
    • This offer is only valid for the listings from and sold by Amazon.de, not for Marketplace offers, and may be exercised only once per customer.
    • We reserve the right at any time to terminate the action prematurely and are not liable for any errors
    • . Only while stocks last. If you download return an item this action, we reserve the right, at its refund deduct the discount that we have provided for the action items which you keep.

Shipping is €5.43 to Ireland.

Also, if you are already a member of Amazon Germany you should already have a €10 coupon code (Gutschein- und Aktionscodes) in your email, when you spend €50 or more on Amazon Germany.

I applied it and I can get:
    Lego Marvel: Super Heroes - [Nintendo Wii U]
    The LEGO Movie Videogame - [Nintendo Wii U]
    LEGO Batman 3 - [Nintendo Wii U]
    With Discount code = €56.84 Delivered.

- Roughly €20 per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is €49.99 (new) in Gamestop at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Banjo wrote: »

Just reversed one thanks been looking to get this

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Banjo wrote: »

Thanks, a few of my work colleagues have ordered this for their recently purchased 3DSs

It's a great price, I put ~100 hours into this on release

You go to their site.
    Do a search for the game.
    Even if it states Out of Stock scroll down and couch Open Map.
    This will open a map of the country with little icons for each store.
    Red ones mean they haven't got it, Green make they've plenty and Orange/Yellow means they've limited stock.
    You'll also see a phone number for the shop so you can call and reserve it, save you travelling only for it to be fine.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You go to their site.
    Red ones mean they haven't got it, Green make they've plenty and Orange/Yellow means they've limited stock.
    You'll also see a phone number for the shop so you can call and reserve it, save you travelling only for it to be fine.

I can't find "open map" :o

I feel as though I'd miss my hand if it was in front of my face..

EDIT..

:o:o:o:o:o

I have never bought from Gamestop online. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    I couldn't figure it out at all.
    Then clicked into the product, not the search result......

Jesus. I'm having a slow week.
    Loads of 3 for 2 wii titles in Gamestop Swords BTW. I forgot to mention it. I was in a real hurry, so I wasn't able to check them all.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You go to their site.

No, you're not supposed to let them know that secret. :eek:

Here's the link to the map page for Hot Wheels: Worlds Best Driver on 3DS.
    It is available in three stores.
    Just ring them and ask them to hold it for you.
    I don't think you can order online if the icon is greyed out.
    Essentially the can only sell stuff online that they hold in the warehouse and these games are only on stock in three stores.
    Link to Map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

This seems like a good deal from Argos

Nintendo Wii U Console and Zelda Windwalker Game for €265. Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games can be included for free too.

abbir wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal from Argos

Nintendo Wii U Console and Zelda Windwalker Game for €265. Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games can be included for free too.

I'm tempted to sell mine, with nintendoland and Zelda Windwaker...
    To buy this.

If I wipe my Wii U, and reconnect on this, will all my Downloads come in? I presume all of my purchases are in my account.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote:
    I'm tempted to sell mine, with nintendoland and Zelda Windwaker... To buy this.

Why or do you have an 8 GB?

Allyall wrote:
    If I wipe my Wii U, and reconnect on this, will all my Downloads come in? I presume all of my purchases are in my account.

Dont think so. Maybe there's a transfer like with 3ds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm tempted to sell mine, with nintendoland and Zelda Windwaker...
    To buy this.

No, if you wipe your Wii U you will lose all your downloads.

You can do a system transfer (like 3DS).

I do like the look of the Zelda gamepad.
    sweetie wrote: »
    It is a limited edition Zelda console, so maybe that's why.

sweetie wrote: »
    abbir wrote: »
    I do like the look of the Zelda gamepad.

It is a limited edition Zelda console, so maybe that's why.

Yep... That's it.. :)
    I would like it.. But I'll not bother.
    I thought I'd log in, and all of my downloads would be there.
    Anyway, It's a bit of hassle, also, I'd have to try and sell mine... Seems to be a lot of them on Adverts.

You can tansfer from one Wii U to another. It is a nightmare to do. If you thought transferring from the Wii to the Wii U was bad try doing this transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sligeach wrote: »
    You can tansfer from one Wii U to another. It is a nightmare to do. If you thought transferring from the Wii to the Wii U was bad try doing this transfer.

I really wish they'd move to an account system with cloud storage. Hardware locked content is archaic at this stage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Myrddin wrote: »
    I really wish they'd move to an account system with cloud storage. Hardware locked content is archaic at this stage :(

This is whats stopped me from buying any games digitally with Nintendo. Have 600 or so bought for my playstation, at least 50 for my very rarely played xbox, and to date, only one digital title for my Nintendo systems.

If they brought in a cloud account system, they'd make a fortune off me in a matter of months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hopefully this partnership with DeNA is the first step towards a unified account system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm going to be pedantic and say they have an account system, it's just partially locked to their hardware, rather than being fully server-side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lego Batman Beyond Gotham €30.99 on 3DS in Argos
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=2819316
    Stock check can't find it though...

€38.49 on WiiU

Also, Lego Ninjago 3DS for €20.49

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement