Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »

I'm surprised people didn't know sooner. I bought it there 2 weeks ago at least.

They've Mario & Sonic: 2014 Olympic Winter Games for the Wii U at €16.99.

That only went on sale in the last day or two.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=3812941&authToken=

I've been kind of reluctant to post bargains here seeing how people react at times. Like The Wonderful 101, I posted that up for €30 and not even 3 hours later someone puts their secondhand copy on sale for €35. Someone who thanked me for posting the link by the way. They've probably finished their old copy, thinking maybe they'll buy a new sealed copy for €30 and sell their used game to some unsuspecting muggins. Thankfully, nobody has fallen for it yet. But I don't think this thread is to help out here so you can go rob people elsewhere.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was the worst example of people buying a game for €5 in Tesco and then trying to make 20 times that selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The positives of this thread still greatly outweigh the negatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm surprised people didn't know sooner. I bought it there 2 weeks ago at least.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=3812941&authToken=

I've been kind of reluctant to post bargains here seeing how people react at times. Like The Wonderful 101, I posted that up for €30 and not even 3 hours later someone puts their secondhand copy on sale for €35. Someone who thanked me for posting the link by the way. They've probably finished their old copy, thinking maybe they'll buy a new sealed copy for €30 and sell their used game to some unsuspecting muggins. Thankfully, nobody has fallen for it yet. But I don't think this thread is to help out here so you can go rob people elsewhere.

Metroid Prime Trilogy was the worst example of people buying a game for €5 in Tesco and then trying to make 20 times that selling it.

Haters be hatein' Wii; don't mind them

Pac1Man wrote: »
    The positives of this thread still greatly outweigh the negatives.

I agree but there are those that use it for scalping at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't hold back on the bargains just because some profiteering muppets are taking advantage.
    9 out of 10 posters here will want these games for themselves.

I'll be grabbing Scribblenauts (for myself) over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't hold back on the bargains just because some profiteering muppets are taking advantage.
    9 out of 10 posters here will want these games for themselves.

I'll be grabbing Scribblenauts (for myself) over the weekend.

Totally would have grabbed it too if I didn't just get a copy of it from Amazon.de for €20. Guess it's nice/weird to have German cover art lol.

Must get around to playing it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If you look through my history on adverts you'd see that I always sell my stuff for a reasonable price. And I've no history of doing stuff like what happened with Metroid.
    For example I ended up with two copies of Meta Knight Amiibo and offered it up for swap in the swap thread and didn't put it up for €30-40 quid.

It's up for €35 but I don't expect to get anywhere near that but if I put it up for €25 id be lucky to get €20. Which is below what if get in CeX and I didn't want to trade it in there and be on sale at €40.

I don't appreciate being called a scalper and a muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Next person that casts aspersions on each other will be infracted.

We've a good thing going, watching out for each other here, let's keep the good vibes going!

By the way it looks like there is a First Print Bayonetta in Oxendales for €65.
    I've ordered one to see if it is that one or just the wrong picture. Hopefully it is and I don't have to return an overpriced Bayonetta double pack b

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I sold one or two things on eBay for a profit but I have also provided regulars with rare titles for the price I paid, so my conscience is clear.

Overall the global market seems to allow those willing to wait a little for shipping the chance to own most desirable things for a reasonable price.
    I have seldom paid really stupid money for something, I think I've lost more over the years buying full price games that turned out to be over in 3 days, turned out to be rubbish or were discounted the next day!

Most I paid for a single game was around the ton for Ibara on the PS2, though my Namco Collection for the PS1 cost a small fortune once the customs man got a hold of it, though it is gorgeous.
    Tempest 3000 is only available on the defunct console the Nuon, and I bought the whole thing to play it, as well as a donor DVD player for spare parts, to play Tempest 3k it cost around €400! Well worth it too, amazing game. Pity I sold it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I didn't know who was involved. No offense intended. :)

If you look through my history on adverts you'd see that I always sell my stuff for a reasonable price. And I've no history of doing stuff like what happened with Metroid.
    For example I ended up with two copies of Meta Knight Amiibo and offered it up for swap in the swap thread and didn't put it up for €30-40 quid.

It's up for €35 but I don't expect to get anywhere near that but if I put it up for €25 id be lucky to get €20. Which is below what if get in CeX and I didn't want to trade it in there and be on sale at €40.

Who called you a muppet? I certainly didn't. The scalper was remark was in relation to Metroid Prime Trilogy and people selling it for 20 times what they bought it for.

I have seen your ads on Ebay in the past.

Swapping a €40 amiibo for another one isn't exactly charitable. I doubt you'd be looking for an amiibo Mario, Peach or Yoshi. But we've got Nintendo to thank for underprodcing them and the resulting inflation and scalpers out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Swapping a €40 amiibo for another one isn't exactly charitable. I doubt you'd be looking for an amiibo Mario, Peach or Yoshi. But we've got Nintendo to thank for underprodcing them and the resulting inflation and scalpers out there.

It depends what someone would need though. What's the point in swapping a Meta Knight for a Mario when they are freely available everywhere? Is it just to prove someone isn't a scalper? The people that sell them for highly marked up prices can certainly do one of course, but it still has to make an ounce of business sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

By the way it looks like there is a First Print Bayonetta in Oxendales for €65.
    I've ordered one to see if it is that one or just the wrong picture. Hopefully it is and I don't have to return an overpriced Bayonetta double pack b

Fair play if it turns out to be a first print. Looks like it's gone off the site now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Jaysus lads.
    We're all pals here.
    Well, apart from yer man.
    You know, him...
    Louser

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I sold one or two things on eBay for a profit but I have also provided regulars with rare titles for the price I paid, so my conscience is clear.

As have I both on adverts and on the retro marketplace.
    Who called you a muppet? I certainly didn't. The scalper was remark was in relation to Metroid Prime Trilogy and people selling it for 20 times what they bought it for.

I have seen your ads on Ebay in the past.

You were referring to me as the seller of wonderful 101 and mentioned scalpers next. I think the implication was clear.

I never said I was being charitable and I didn't want any other amiibos for it, as unfortunately for my other half, I had all the amiibos up to that stage.

You said that you were put off putting up bargains because people were taking advantage of it by trying to profit off it and singled me out.
    I didn't appreciate it, as I've gotten stuff down the country, which were sold out elsewhere, that were bargains and posted it up other users on here for cost.

You, sir, were blackening my good name. :pac:
    Fair play if it turns out to be a first print. Looks like it's gone off the site now.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Things were said, it's over and done with now so please drop it lads.
    Any continuation of this line of conversation will result in punitive measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Codename Steam is €39.99 in Argos, gotta get the witcher as a present for a friend so I won't be picking this yet but sees an ok price as it's €45 in Smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Traded my games and went the hard drive route the other day :) The wonderful 101 is €49.99 on the eshop which isn't too bad.

Or €42.23 from here. (Digital of course).

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/the-wonderful-101-nintendo-wii-u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

If you use cdkeys, always be aware they usually give a code on their facebook page.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If you use cdkeys, always be aware they usually give a code on their facebook page.

Not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean the fb code where you get another €1.50 off the game. I wasn't arsed with that. Anyways, never had a problem with them, very good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Not entirely sure what you mean, do you mean the fb code where you get another €1.50 off the game. I wasn't arsed with that. Anyways, never had a problem with them, very good service.

You don't want to save money in a bargains thread?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You don't want to save money in a bargains thread?

Haha, course I do. I think I misunderstood what you were saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Thank you for this, i never heard about Scribblenauts before and for 20 euro,i couldnt pass it up. i would have missed out on a charming little game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Thank you for this, i never heard about Scribblenauts before and for 20 euro,i couldnt pass it up. i would have missed out on a charming little game.
    hmm is it really good? might pick it up if its decent sure at 20 euro how could i go wrong

hmm is it really good? might pick it up if its decent sure at 20 euro how could i go wrong

It's definitely worth picking up.

Must get it, the young fella flew through Scribblenauts Unmasked at Christmas, still plays it though. This one might be longer.

it is worth picking up at 20 euro, but it way not be everyones cup of tea, its a puzzler type game, but is it fun, watch a youtube video of it before you pull the trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just back from lovely relaxing holiday, and I'm depressed to find out, work is still going on in house... :(
    (Beginning to think realise they're taking the p**s.)

Still no Wii U out of storage (i.e. It's still in storage) - big-tears.gifAngry-Emoticon.gif

Anyway,
    Coolshop seems to have some decent offers on Wii U and 3DS, but I'm not sure what their shipping is like.
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/games+and+consoles/nintendo+3ds/
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/games+and+consoles/wii+u/

Also,

Cypronia big game giveaway is ending soon
    http://www.cypronia.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement