Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Harvey Norman in Drogheda have a 2DS going for €50. There just appears to be one on its own, the White/Red version, in a glass case beside their discount table. It's still listed as €149 on their website, so not sure if it's available in other stores at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush £19.95 + postage
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/kirby-and-the-rainbow-paintbrush-wii-u.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

looking for New Super Mario Bros on the Wii U. Anyone seen any good prices recently? Sure I was it for below 20 a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

dubmick wrote:
    looking for New Super Mario Bros on the Wii U. Anyone seen any good prices recently? Sure I was it for below 20 a while back.

Keep an eye on HDUK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Wii U and Zelda Windwaker with €20 worth of Argos vouchers €219.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Sarn wrote: »
    Wii U and Zelda Windwaker with €20 worth of Argos vouchers €219.99.

Not knocking the offer, but you'd want to know what you are spending the €20 on, those vouchers expire ridiculously quickly.
    But Zelda Windwaker bundle for €219.99 + an extra 4 games!! emoticon-in-love.gif

• Nintendo Wii U Zelda Windwaker Bundle
    • Mario & Sonic: 2014 Winter Games
    • Fifa 13
    • Metroid: Other M
    • Quiz Party.
    Do you get the €20 anyway? Argos UK seems to - http://www.dealspwn.com/nintendo-wii-zelda-windwaker-bundle-drops-10-17999-212949

also

Splatoon Global Testfire available tonight at 23:00PM until midnight

Not many Wii U games available at the moment in Argos so hopefully a bigger selection appears soon (namely Mario Kart 8) to spend the vouchers on. I've been watching the Wii U console prices for ages now but still can't make up my mind.

I've been watching the Wii U console prices for ages now but still can't make up my mind.

At that price you'd be mad - MAD! not to go for it.. That's a great offer.

Also CEX some of the games. (€24 worth of CEX vouchers altogether)

Disney Infinity 3DS is €11.74 - €17.92 Delivered from Amazon Spain

It's over €20 on Amazon UK.

But.. Not a great review
    Released alongside its console cousins at the exact same $74.99 price point, Disney Infinity for the 3DS is a collection of sad mini-games featuring characters that are much more interesting on the Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. There are absolutely no Metacritic reviews for the 3DS version of Disney Infinity, subtitled Toy Box Challenge, as of this writing. I had to specially request a copy of this version with my PlayStation 3 review copy, and even then it didn't make it into the initial shipment.

But, for less than €20 delivered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Allyall wrote: »
    Not knocking the offer, but you'd want to know what you are spending the €20 on, those vouchers expire ridiculously quickly.
    But Zelda Windwaker bundle for €219.99 + an extra 4 games!! emoticon-in-love.gif

• Nintendo Wii U Zelda Windwaker Bundle
    • Mario & Sonic: 2014 Winter Games
    • Fifa 13
    • Metroid: Other M
    • Quiz Party.
    Do you get the €20 anyway? Argos UK seems to - http://www.dealspwn.com/nintendo-wii-zelda-windwaker-bundle-drops-10-17999-212949

also

Splatoon Global Testfire available tonight at 23:00PM until midnight

Finally picked up a Wii U today. Had to show the guys in Argos the website, as it wasn't coming up in their system.

Straight to CEX to get rid of Fifa, quiz and olympics, pick up two pro controllers, then to gamestop for a copy of mario kart. Been playing all evening :D Will be keeping an even closer eye on this thread now, to get a stack of games built up!

• Advertisement

TPD wrote: »
    Finally picked up a Wii U today. Had to show the guys in Argos the website, as it wasn't coming up in their system.

Straight to CEX to get rid of Fifa, quiz and olympics, pick up two pro controllers, then to gamestop for a copy of mario kart. Been playing all evening :D Will be keeping an even closer eye on this thread now, to get a stack of games built up!

That was Sarn that posted that.. (Crazy not to get it at that price :))

Did you get the €20 voucher too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

TPD wrote: »

How much did you get for the three games and how much extra did you spend altogether?

Been wanting to get a Wii U for ages but money has been tight, the Argos deal is hard to ignore at that price, would definitely be looking to get a pro controller and an extra game though. For as little extra money as possible, preferably...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I picked up on it from the thread in Bargain Alerts. CEX gave me 22 store credit for the three games. The pro controllers were 35 each there, and mario kart was 45ish in gamestop. I'm sure they could all have been found cheaper, but I was half hungover / still drunk from the night before, and wanted to get a few games going ASAP.

Seriously impressed with mario kart. Nudges double dash out of the top spot for me, I think. I've the DLC packs downloading now for tomorrow night.

Didn't get the voucher. I asked the guy at the till if all the special offers applied or just one, and he said just the one. Could hardly complain! He did have to put it all through manually though, and even after that, got the price wrong and had to manually change that too.

I've Game & Wario and Smash Bros in the post now. Anyone know if the knockoff gamecube adapters are worth buying? I'd worry about input lag for smash.

€22 for the three was good.
    Their site says you should only get €24 worth of store vouchers for all 4.
    I personally would have probably hav held on to olympics.. maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That Argos deal is phenomenal. Anybody sitting on the fence have no excuses. Get on it and quickly. It's a great console with a terrific library of games. I'm nearly tempted to buy another one myself. It's really only about €180 with the voucher and if you trade in the games.

Where have all the games gone from the site and it's not just Wii U? They've been gone at least a week. Are they trying to sell them through their Ebay outlet?

I've heard that the four game offer gets messed up if all four games are not bought/available at the same time.

I've heard that the four game offer gets messed up if all four games are not bought/available at the same time.

You can use checkargos.com to check if all 4 games are in stock in a store close to you, and then make sure you tick all four games in 'special offer 2', to ensure you have ordered them all.

Zelda Wii U Bundle
    Offer 2
    Metroid: Other M
    Wii Quiz Party
    Fifa 13
    Mario & Sonic Winter Games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Few "offers" on Amazon, but obviously factor in Sterling costing a kidney...
    Monster Hunter 4 - £19.95

Mighty No.9 (preorder) - £26.86

Majoras Mask - £24.85

Captain Toad - £24.85

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - £12.77 - This is cheaper in HMV if you can find it - liffey valley had it by the front door for a tenner yesterday

Pokemon White - £7.99

____

Argos have Lego Batman 3 for 3DS with a free bag for €22
    (WiiU is €33)

Banjo wrote: »
    Few "offers" on Amazon, but obviously factor in Sterling costing a kidney...

Majoras Mask - £24.85

Sterling. :(

You can get Majora's mask same price, but with special edition necklace and pouch - £24.85 from shopto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Allyall wrote: »
    Sterling. :(

You can get Majora's mask same price, but with special edition necklace and pouch - £24.85 from shopto

There was a special edition necklace?? :eek: Want :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Smyths also selling wii u for 200 with a selected game free. http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/
    Just look at the top for the games you can get.

Edit. See below as only 8gb and argos 32gb. Not as good as hard drive will be needed after 2 game saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Only the 8gb version, so you need to factor in the cost of a flash/external drive and sensor bar.

€220 for 32gb Windwaker version and 4 games in Argos is better value I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Mr E wrote: »
    Only the 8gb version, so you need to factor in the cost of a flash/external drive and sensor bar.

€220 for 32gb Windwaker version and 4 games in Argos is better value I think.

That does sound pretty good but it'll also depend on what games you want. The Smyths one can come with Smash Bros 4 which is still pretty pricey on the open market. A lot of the time the Argos ones will come with a load of bargain-bin games that you might not actually want. I've seen them throwing in obsolete versions of FIFA or even shovelware from the original Wii to pad it out before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Argos deal is far better than the Smyths offer. Regardless of the mostly junk games from Argos, remember there's a €20 voucher and you can trade the games in for another roughly €25. The Basic model is obsolete and is being phased out of Japan and Nintendo will do the same here soon. In Japan it's being replaced by the Premium 32GB white Wii U. You get extras with the Premium bundle and the extra 24GB's.

The Premium bundle also got us older owners discount vouchers on the eShop when we bought digital games. Though that promotion isn't running anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

sligeach wrote: »
    The Argos deal is far better than the Smyths offer. Regardless of the mostly junk games from Argos, remember there's a €20 voucher and you can trade the games in for another roughly €25. The Basic model is obsolete and is being phased out of Japan and Nintendo will do the same here soon. In Japan it's being replaced by the Premium 32GB white Wii U. You get extras with the Premium bundle and the extra 24GB's.

The Premium bundle also got us older owners discount vouchers on the eShop when we bought digital games. Though that promotion isn't running anymore.

Isn't the Argos deal the voucher OR the 4 games, not both?

pm1977x wrote: »
    Isn't the Argos deal the voucher OR the 4 games, not both?

It seems to be both, someone has bought it, but didn't clarify.

It says
    Buy this Nintendo Console & get €20 worth of Argos Vouchers.

on the front page

But that could also mean the crappy vouchers that are €2 off something you will never buy and €1 off something else you will never buy, etc.. up to the total of €20.
    But I doubt that, as I've never seen Argos vouchers like that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably the same as the vouchers they give away from time to time, a €5 if you spend €50+ or €10 if spend €100+. Usually a code or barcode on the receipt and valid for around a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just in case any of you have a US Wii U or 3DS, head over to https://www.humblebundle.com and buy the humble nindie bundle.

It's region locked, so none of the codes will work on European/Irish consoles.
    Nintendo/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Just in case any of you have a US Wii U or 3DS, head over to https://www.humblebundle.com and buy the humble nindie bundle.

It's region locked, so none of the codes will work on European/Irish consoles.
    Nintendo/10

Just saw the email. Happy.

Then went to the site. Not so happy.

Hopefully, they'll get it sorted with the EU eShop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That is crap. They're punishing both the consumers and the Humble Bundle charity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement