Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

I tweetered them my disgust, but it's Nintendo. They don't care.

Hopefully this gives Iwata more food for thought on the region free issue on the NX he was talking about the last two investor meetings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I was briefly very excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hopefully they'll release an EU bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

And a wider selection. Though I think I have nearly everything worth owning on the eShop. I have all those games bar The Fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

James74 wrote: »
    Remember it's region locked to the Americas only.

Oh **** sorry I wasn't aware of that sorry lads I just got an email about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

With the resources & finances Nintendo have, they could make the Wii U & 3DS region free by the end of the week if they wanted via an update. They really, really, really need to catch up with how everyone else is doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How about a bargain we can all buy and play. Argos have Puzzle Dragons/Mario for €29.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=puzzle+dragon&authToken=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nintendo Wanted To Make Its Humble Bundle A Global Offer, Expects To Do So "Eventually"

Nintendo surprised pretty much everyone by announcing its own Humble Bundle yesterday, albeit one which is sadly limited to North America.
    Non-American players are already making their displeasure felt on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook, and while the disappointment of missing out on this amazing deal is considerable, it should be noted that some individuals within Nintendo did try to make the package a global deal.

More here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_wanted_to_make_its_humble_bundle_a_global_offer_expects_to_do_so_eventually

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Nintendo Wanted To Make Its Humble Bundle A Global Offer, Expects To Do So "Eventually"

Right so. It's going to be no longer possible to put off buying an external drive.. :D

I have most of the games in that bundle, but I might still buy it again for the nindie bundle.
    I presume you can give away the keys you don't need? Does anybody know/has anyone read anything on other forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't read much about it, depends on how they handle it, if it's individual codes, or if you've to tie it to your NNID like they did with some previous Steam based bundles. (For most, it's individual keys.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nintendo surprised pretty much everyone by announcing its own Humble Bundle yesterday, albeit one which is sadly limited to North America.
    Non-American players are already making their displeasure felt on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook, and while the disappointment of missing out on this amazing deal is considerable, it should be noted that some individuals within Nintendo did try to make the package a global deal.

More here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_wanted_to_make_its_humble_bundle_a_global_offer_expects_to_do_so_eventually

Wonder what stopped them succeeding. And by "Eventually", do they mean by the time the bundle deal runs out or a separate bundle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder what stopped them succeeding. And by "Eventually", do they mean by the time the bundle deal runs out or a separate bundle

In the US they have the facility to buy e-shop games on the website, and have them downloaded to their consoles. We don't have that here yet, I'd imagine that this may be how they're running this.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Haven't read much about it, depends on how they handle it, if it's individual codes, or if you've to tie it to your NNID like they did with some previous Steam based bundles. (For most, it's individual keys.)

You get a code for each game.

People seem to be taking that comment as if it's confirming more bundles.
    All he says is that breaking down the regions is inevitable.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    People seem to be taking that comment as if it's confirming more bundles.
    All he says is that breaking down the regions is inevitable.

Yeah, sadly I think you're probably right with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 3DS is down to €7.99 in Argos. Lots in stock.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=908%2F9644

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Was wondering if one of you could convince me to go ahead and buy the Wii U.

Have had a good few Nintendos up along NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii.

I saw the Argos offer for €220 and was considering getting it. Always loved the Nintendo games but havn’t done much gaming in recent years.

The titles seem to be limited so far. Is Windwaker HD worth getting if you already had Windwaker on Gamecube?

When are Star Fox and the new Zelda likely to be released? 2016.

Star fox is supposed to be out this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'd have bought that bundle 8+ games for $10? I don't even know much about any of the games (OK have Steamworld on my 3DS but like to play it on the WiiU).

• Advertisement

Was wondering if one of you could convince me to go ahead and buy the Wii U.

Have had a good few Nintendos up along NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii.

I saw the Argos offer for €220 and was considering getting it. Always loved the Nintendo games but havn’t done much gaming in recent years.

The titles seem to be limited so far. Is Windwaker HD worth getting if you already had Windwaker on Gamecube?

When are Star Fox and the new Zelda likely to be released? 2016.

I don't know why you think it's limited so far, there is a good selection
    And a few good games still to come this year.

The Wii U basic is on Amazon France for €151.68, Which is €168.56 Delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »

That's a terrible deal! It's only 8gb and has no games included. There has been better deals before and if you religiously watch adverts you might pick up a second hand one with some games.

:pac: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's a terrible deal! It's only 8gb and has no games included. There has been better deals before and if you religiously watch adverts you might pick up a second hand one with some games.

...and it doesn't even have voice chat and it's only half finished and my britches are too small! :D

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Ahh now... :eek:
    Not Terrible...
    Not the greatest considering it doesn't come with a game, but if you are buying a game with it, the shipping stays the same.. So a cheap game or two.. etc..
    You'll find it difficult to find a new wii u at a lower/similar price. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just read a few threads in this forum.
    If they don't convince you well, maybe the WiiU is just too much for you to handle, more of a Shelbyville idea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just read a few threads in this forum.
    If they don't convince you well, maybe the WiiU is just too much for you to handle, more of a Shelbyville idea....

Monorail. Monorail. Monorail.

Monorail. Monorail. Monorail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Does anyone know of any deals on the 'Legend of Kay Anniversary' anywhere yet? Price seems to be around the €30 to €45 mark. It's out on June 30th.

Does anyone know of any deals on the 'Legend of Kay Anniversary' anywhere yet? Price seems to be around the €30 to €45 mark. It's out on June 30th.

It's €21.99 on Base.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Argos seem to have the best Splatoon deal, with the game going for €41, a bargain for a just released major title.
    Had I known that I wouldn't be still waiting for Gameseek to deliver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Argos seem to have the best Splatoon deal, with the game going for €41, a bargain for a just released major title.
    Had I known that I wouldn't be still waiting for Gameseek to deliver!

add a €10/15 eshop card (forget which denominations) and get a €5 argos voucher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement