Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

baldshin wrote: »
    I wonder if cex take in Spanish bought games? Could buy 3 copies of Smash Bros for €77, sell two to cex for €66 meaning you could have a playable copy for €11!

I sold them a Spanish copy of Geist recently, they never really at it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Allyall wrote: »
    Where else could I put these?
    Probably good to sit beside my games and Blue Shell.. :D

Mario Kart 8 IR Wall Climbers -
    Yoshi - £9.43 (€13.19)
    Luigi - £8.17 (€11.42)

I need to stay out of this thread. Just ordered two Mario Kart Wall Climbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Call Of Duty: Black Ops II is ~ €11.20 delivered from TheGameCollection

That's cheaper than CeX and Amazon (even with free delivery).

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

great price...bought it at 54e good while back and still havent played it :(

• Advertisement

johnf26 wrote: »
    great price...bought it at 54e good while back and still havent played it :(
    Same.
    Was a bit of the way through Bayonetta 1 when I had to pack it all up.

Another good offer - The wonderful 101 for £22 (~€31) + Parcel Motel €4.

Delivery takes a bit of the shine off, but still cheaper than Gamestop, which seems to be the only place in Ireland that sells it, and it's €10 cheaper than Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anywhere to get Mario Kart 8 for a good price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush is 33 in argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Picked this up, looking forward to getting stuck in :D
    Windwaker to finish, Mario 3D World and ZombiU to start before that though.. And need to make a start on unlocking all the characters in Smash.. and finishing all the cups in MK8... Busy times!
    Same.
    Another good offer - The wonderful 101 for £22 (~€31) + Parcel Motel €4.

Delivery takes a bit of the shine off, but still cheaper than Gamestop, which seems to be the only place in Ireland that sells it, and it's €10 cheaper than Amazon.

Would this be the same price instore in the north? Might be up that way shortly.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    Kirby and the rainbow paintbrush is 33 in argos.

I'm kinda put off by the movement controls in this. I loved triple deluxe, and would like the same but bigger out of a console game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just slightly underwhelmed, but mostly by the fact that the gorgeous much lauded visuals are wasted as you spend all your time looking at the touchpad screen.
    I was kinda hoping that they'd slip an alternate game, like in previous kirby titles, where you could play it after completion as a platformer using King Dedede or Metaknight, but it wasn't to be.
    As it stands you only really watch the screen for the cinemas and if you are in a multiplayer game :(

Triple Deluxe was awesome, and a wonderful update to the Wii Return to Dreamland title, I was hoping for similar on the WiiU... :(

• Advertisement

Well now I don't know if I should buy that, splatoon, or yoshi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Go for splatoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I second Splatoon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The first gen 3ds xl is currently going for 160 in smyths.

And Splatoon I got :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    And Splatoon I got :D

Better get used to this everytime you go to play the thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So, Devils Third, anyone know anywhere doing this at a decent price? It's out on August 28th.

Also, Lego Jurassic World and Lego Batman 3, worth a punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So, Devils Third, anyone know anywhere doing this at a decent price? It's out on August 28th.

Also, Lego Jurassic World and Lego Batman 3, worth a punt?

There's less than a handful of places selling it. Base, thegamecollection, Amazon and Shopto. They're all selling it for £40 plus postage. I won't be paying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Its on gamestop for 60.00, im waiting to see closer to the release date for any place doing it cheaper. Ill probably pick it up release day depending on reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah it's full price pretty much everywhere atm. Hopefully closer to release some deals might pop up. Wouldn't think it will be a big selling.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    There's less than a handful of places selling it. Base, thegamecollection, Amazon and Shopto. They're all selling it for £40 plus postage. I won't be paying that.

All in the UK, and even if it drops in price there, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will for us.
    If we buy from Europe and pay the shipping, we're probably looking at ~ €60
    Add to that, the amount of scalpers that will buy it to sell as a "rare" game.. *sigh* :(

http://geizhals.eu/devil-s-third-english-wiiu-a1174540.html

shop4world.com may have it. But since they closed their Irish site, it's all in sterling - Unless you use shop4de/shop4fr/shop4es etc.. and it may or may not be any more for shipping.

Not sure if I'm allowed but I'm trading 6000 points for use on the Wii/DSi store over in the Arcade and Retro Marketplace,

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057455782

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm allowed but I'm trading 6000 points for use on the Wii/DSi store over in the Arcade and Retro Marketplace,

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057455782

I've already registered one of both on my account if it's the system points but I would've offered a perfect copy of Sin & Punishment 2...ah well.

smokingman wrote: »
    I've already registered one of both on my account if it's the system points but I would've offered a perfect copy of Sin & Punishment 2...ah well.

No, they are points so you can buy games from the Wii and DSi stores.
    There's still a ton of good games available on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Epic indie sale on the e shop.

Grabbed Edge, Shantae the pirates curse and Guacamelee super turbo.

Under €15 for the lot :) once you have one of the titles all the others are 60% off. I grabbed Edge to activate the discounts. Only €1.99 and it looks like an enjoyable puzzler.

Are the Trine games worth a look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll be grabbing both Trine games this evening (so, yes!) :)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/trine-enchanted-edition (80 on Metacritic)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/trine-2-directors-cut (84 on Metacritic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Both Trine games (complete in co-op on the PC) are amazing, highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths have the Wii U Basic plus a free game for €199.99. Choice of games are Super Smash Bros for Wii U, New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Great price, got Mario Kart with it. Hope to God it arrives tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

You don't use the codes. Just add the Wii U to your basket, then search for whatever game you want and add it to your basket. The price then changes to €199.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement