Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Picked up Metroid Other M for Wii for €1.99 in Gamestop Swords.

Not sure if there were any more though.

Haven't played so for that price I'm sure its worth a punt! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This, for a certain mod in these parts...
    b-mco-the-raptor-5_nvy.jpg

For today only!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

If anyone is looking for Super Mario Maker with book and Amiibo shopto are selling it for £46.85 at the moment, http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUSU07-super-mario-maker-artbook-amiibo I don't think we'll get it anymore cheaper than that as the RRP is £49.99.

I preordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If anyone is looking for Super Mario Maker with book and Amiibo shopto are selling it for £46.85 at the moment, http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUSU07-super-mario-maker-artbook-amiibo I don't think we'll get it anymore cheaper than that as the RRP is £49.99.

I preordered.

Have some patience. It may come down as it comes closer to launch. Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle was €70 on Smyths website right up until a couple of weeks before it launched and then went down to €60. So we'll see. I want Super Mario Maker but I'm not paying over €60 for the amiibo bundle all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Hyrule Warriors for €30ish delivered from Amazon.it:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hyrule-warriors-for-wiiu-20-77-from-amazon-2249829

(If that's a ****e deal, let me know and I'll cancel!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Scribblenaughts wii u down from 19.99 to 13.99 in argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2446277.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Gamestop are charging €79.99 for Mario Maker with the Amiibo.

Yes, €79.99 ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

alekito wrote: »
    Gamestop are charging €79.99 for Mario Maker with the Amiibo.

Yes, €79.99 ...

Feck
    Me

That's taking the michael isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck
    Me

That's taking the michael isn't it?

I reckon it'll be €60 in Smyths, Yoshi and the two games before that were €60, Splatoon and think it was Mario Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be €60 in Smyths, Yoshi and the two games before that were €60, Splatoon and think it was Mario Party.

69.99 in smyths

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-691/coming-soon-wii-u/p-14271/super-mario-maker-wii-u-with-mario-amiibo-and-artbook/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It seems to average €70 in English. Hopefully it'll drop in price closer to the release date.

The version without the amiibo and with the book can be found for €40 on European sites.

and With amiibo can be found for €60

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yep. I can vouch for those games being €60 at launch in Smyths when they were €70 up until a couple of weeks prior to launch. Actually, Yoshi's Woolly World amiibo bundle was €60 on pre order way back when for about a week when it first was available online, then went up to €70 for months and finally dropped to €60 about 2 weeks before it launched.

Gamestop charging €80, that's outrageous but doesn't surprise me. I despise them.

I don't think it's worth €70 but Nintendo may be chancing their arm because it's Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Smyths have the Wii U Basic plus a free game for €199.99. Choice of games are Super Smash Bros for Wii U, New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

I've been looking to get one of these for a while. This seems a great deal. The cheapest i can get it with Mario Kart on CEX is €225.

Would I be able pick this up in store or is it an online offer only?

Surely I'd be able sell it on for a small loss if I got sick of it.

It's not a great deal. And regarding a loss, if you sell it on? There's people that can't sell Premium Wii U's with several top games for €200.

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not a great deal. And regarding a loss, if you sell it on? There's people that can't sell Premium Wii U's with several top games for €200.

Where can I find these people so I can give them €200?

The Argos deal a short while back for the Zelda Wind Waker Premium bundle(€220) was probably the best around for a good while. It worked out at about €170 when you factored in the €20 voucher that came with it and if you traded in the games(you'd still have Wind Waker as a download code).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It is a pretty sweet deal (and so worth it IMO). Sure there have been better deals but that doesn't make it any less worthwhile.

Taking into account the fact you can get trade in value of 139 in cex for a boxed wii u basic, and 35 for MK8, that's €174 credit in CEX for something you are paying €200 brand new. No brainer IMO.

And what would the other deals be at the moment? I want to get one as cheap as possible. Not bothered with storage for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The basic system is not worth it, after getting the Mario Kart DLC packs there is no room for anything else at all.

• Advertisement

The basic system is not worth it, after getting the Mario Kart DLC packs there is no room for anything else at all.

But can't you just use a normal hard drive?

Don't mind that crap about basic not being worth it. Yes any external HDD with a y connector or its own power source is perfectly fine, and you will more than likely need one for the premium Wii U anyway.

That really does seem the best deal at the moment. Some of us got an amazing deal on Amazon before xmas but since then 200 + a top game seems as good a bargain as you are gonna get.

Don't mind that crap about the Basic Wii U being worth it. Avoid it like the plague.

Well these are all very different opinions. Is there any wanted section around here?

That's all very well, but now I have to buy a hard drive just for a couple of downloads. It's a load of balls. Had to buy a damn charger before I could use the 3ds I bought recently too. Nintendo need to sort that kind of garbage out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The 32gb hasn't enough storage either, sure the new xenoblade as a download is over 20gb.

I think 200 is a good price on the WiiU with a game and a warranty from a shop. You could spend your days trawling adverts and it's like hoping to find a bundle for less or with more games but it's not worth it.
    Get the console from Smyths and enjoy some fine gaming.

But you can run digital games off the internal memory if you've a Premium model. The Basic has less than 3GB's left after updates making it impractical for the bulk of the Wii U library. The Basic is missing the stands for the console and gamepad. The console looks much better standing upright and I use the gamepad stand every day. You're also missing the sensor bar depending on which Basic model you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That's all very well, but now I have to buy a hard drive just for a couple of downloads. It's a load of balls. Had to buy a damn charger before I could use the 3ds I bought recently too. Nintendo need to sort that kind of garbage out.

I have to agree here. I love Nintendo games but the no HDD in the WiiU drove me mental for the first year, so God damn stupid, would have cost them nothing to include, and the system would have been a little wider or longer, no big deal. Look at the xbones size like.

But, I do love the WiiU, it's my fav system for this gen. Xbone is never turned on at all, until that RARE collection comes out, total waste tbh. And ps4 was a Dying Light system for me for a while but that's it. Just waiting for all the big games still to come in 2 years time.

Pay the full price with a few WiiU games included in smyths dude, you won't regret it at all. It's a pain to get a separate HDD sure, but just get a Y splitter cable to hook it up a 500gb drive and you're set. You won't be buying Nintendo disc games as download on the eshop as they never go on sale tbh, but 3rd party games do the odd time so it's handy. And for all the FREE DLC Ninty do you'll need it.

it's a sound investment overall

Can I not just stick a 64g flash drive into the usb port?

• Advertisement

Once again saying the basic is untouchable cos it doesn't have a stand?! really?!

And that "games running from internal better than external" craic is unnoticeable. I've moved games back and forth and never noticed any difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement