Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You should. You can always sell it on if you don't want it. You shouldn't lose the chance at that price.

I did :D been searching adverts for a while this was too good to pass up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CastorTroy wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Console-Premium-Legends-Undercover/dp/B00GASFGEQ/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_fda44b8a?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1DKJGD3K3XA2ARF76G8D&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827

People letting them go again so they're available. Click the Lightnigng deal link and sort by PC and video games.

Seem to be a lot available actually. People don't know a good thing when they see it

thanks for that. I think its a decent deal. Would have loved it to be a bit cheaper but still cheaper than shops so beggars cant be choosers.

However I tried the link you gave... then clicked on the yellow lightning deal thing on the right hand side and it brings me here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Friday-Deals/b?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=161428031&ref_=gbdp_A1TWQZCUWBFZTR_B00GASFGEQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it's pretty crap that way. Sometimes they have the deal price sometimes just a link. but for me it's showing up as the first item in the deals list after clicking the link.

And 199.99 is pretty good since it includes Rayman Legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

thanks for that. I think its a decent deal. Would have loved it to be a bit cheaper but still cheaper than shops so beggars cant be choosers.

However I tried the link you gave... then clicked on the yellow lightning deal thing on the right hand side and it brings me here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Friday-Deals/b?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=161428031&ref_=gbdp_A1TWQZCUWBFZTR_B00GASFGEQ

1st link gives option to add to basket at 199 71% claimed hurry!

00sully wrote: »
    1st link gives option to add to basket at 199 71% claimed hurry!

every time I click it it just brings me back here.

I'm obviously past help. Having a senior IT moment this morning unforunately.

Its weird though. Last night I had in the middle of my screen a scrolling bar of items that were coming up for black friday showing the % off and price etc but I dont have that today at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

God, Kinda suprised with that Wii U amazon deal, 100% claimed at 9.16, now its back down to 75% claimed. Thought they would all be gone by now with 500+ waiting on the wait list.

Kinda sad and a little depressing... But who cares! Mario tomorrow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jealous. I couldnt even find the link.

Oh I didn't buy it, I already have one. I was one of the shmucks queuing up outside HMV on launch morning thinking they were gonna sell my pre-order. It's possible I was first in line, but that's an unsubstantiated rumour.

every time I click it it just brings me back here.

I'm obviously past help. Having a senior IT moment this morning unforunately.

Its weird though. Last night I had in the middle of my screen a scrolling bar of items that were coming up for black friday showing the % off and price etc but I dont have that today at all.

Maybe try a different browser if you can? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

It's a shame to see them going so slow. That's a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Myrddin wrote: »
    Oh I didn't buy it, I already have one. I was one of the shmucks queuing up outside HMV on launch morning thinking they were gonna sell my pre-order. It's possible I was first in line, but that's an unsubstantiated rumour.

Hah, nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!

Myrddin wrote: »

thanks for that I needed a laugh.

So I've been at this since 9.10am this morning. Thats 40 mins of going page to page attempting and failing I might add to find the part of the site that shows whats coming up next on lightning deals.

Im past caring about the wii u I missed out on but incase it comes up again I'd like to see whats coming up. The main page when you click on black friday just shows lots of products and regular prices with no discounts etc... and even when I click on a category like pc and games it doesnt bring me to whats coming up next on lightning deals etc.. As I said a minute ago its annoying me more because I was able to see the upcoming deals last night and I dont know how I got to see them!!! :mad:

Anyway if I dont find this in the next few minutes I'm going for my coffee.

Thanks for the attempts at helping me btw lads. This morning just isnt going my way.

On the plus side if I dont get one I'll just buy it smyths for €250 with nintendo land and pick up a copy of mario 3d world so it could be worse. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hah, nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd!

Oh it wasn't for me, it was a Santa thing {:o}

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe try a different browser if you can? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

It's a shame to see them going so slow. That's a great price.

Using internet explorer in work. Was mozilla at home so maaaybe thats it. Probably not though. Probably just my stupidity. :o

GOD DAMN IT your right! It is the bloody browser not showing it. I found it on my phone. So angry right now.

At least I know what the problem was though cause that was starting to really piss me off.

There are 3 categories above the lightning deals section - Current, Upcoming and Missed. You can view Upcoming Deals for the day by choosing "Upcoming" at the top. After the deals for the day are done (at 11pm tonight) you will be able to see some of the deals for tomorrow. I say some because I viewed the list last night at 11:30pm and there were 4 items in Computers, now there is about 12 coming up.

ok ok ok ....You wont believe this buuuuuut.... I GOT IT !!! On my feckin HTC crap heap of a phone. £205 sterling with postage. Done.

Thanks to all who tried helping me in particular CastorTroy as it was the bleedin browser!

So happy. I'm finally a proud owner of a Wii U. WOO HOO!! Now for that coffee.

ok ok ok ....You wont believe this buuuuuut.... I GOT IT !!! On my feckin HTC crap heap of a phone. £205 sterling with postage. Done.

Thanks to all who tried helping me in particular CastorTroy as it was the bleedin browser!

Your postage should have been free since the item was more than £25 though. I guess you didn't pick the Free Super Saver Delivery when checking out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got one too immediately at 9.15. Picked free postage too. Grinds my gears that the paid postage is default option, nearly left it a few times this week in the haste of buying. Now, do I need to get a SD card for it if I want to move my Wii saves over? Also if I move my Wii saves to it can I still keep my gamecube ones on the wii?

Your postage should have been free since the item was more than £25 though. I guess you didn't pick the Free Super Saver Delivery when checking out :o

Damn it! Ah well heat of the moment and all that.

Still a decent deal all the same roughly what €245 for console and 2 games.

Definately the cheapest deal out there at the moment in fairness.

So now to go pick up Mario 3D world.

Can anyone recommend any party games for when I have a few mates over.

Was thinkin wii sports or something even a cheap title from the original wii maybe.

sweetie wrote: »
    I got one too immediately at 9.15. Picked free postage too. Grinds my gears that the paid postage is default option, nearly left it a few times this week in the haste of buying. Now, do I need to get a SD card for it if I want to move my Wii saves over? Also if I move my Wii saves to it can I still keep my gamecube ones on the wii?

Congrats to our new owners! :)

Can't help on the Wii transfer question, but the GC saves should be on memory card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Congrats man!

Its almost like a Christmas miracle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

Don't know if you noticed this, murphyebass and sweetie, but reading through the small print on the Amazon description page, it looks like they're throwing in a copy of Lego Batman 2 as a bonus to go along with the Lego City Undercover and Rayman Legends discs.

A Wii U and three decent games for £200 — that's a pretty sweet deal, there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When you set your delivery address to Ireland, even with super saver, the price goes up a bit. It's probably a tax thing, which is ironic given Amazon don't pay any, or a bribe so An Post won't look for import duty from the customer.

You need an SD for the Wii -> WiiU transfer
    And a lot of patience
    And ideally 2 TVs or a bit more patience

One last update for ye and it might be useful to someone else who was silly enough not to click the right option...

I contacted amazone who have sent me an email to say it should have been free delivery. Unfortunately becuase its in the system they cant change it now but once the item is delivered I just ring them and they'll refund the shipping.

So thanks touchingvirus for pointing the shipping out to me as I would have ended up paying that few quid more than I needed to.

Great customer services with amazon btw. You put your phone number in a box and press call and they call your mobile instantly and have your order etc in front of them. Very impressed I have to say.

Banjo wrote: »
    When you set your delivery address to Ireland, even with super saver, the price goes up a bit. It's probably a tax thing, which is ironic given Amazon don't pay any, or a bribe so An Post won't look for import duty from the customer.

You need an SD for the Wii -> WiiU transfer
    And a lot of patience
    And ideally 2 TVs or a bit more patience

It used to, but I'm not sure that's the case any more. It's not for the Lightning Deals at least.

282290.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

normally doesn't add it on till the very end... but sure if it doesN't any mORE I'm happy to be wrong

lego Batman 2 is on for 915;am tomorrOW!

what the feck is wrong wieyboard///

Don't know if you noticed this, murphyebass and sweetie, but reading through the small print on the Amazon description page, it looks like they're throwing in a copy of Lego Batman 2 as a bonus to go along with the Lego City Undercover and Rayman Legends discs.

Not sure if this is the case. Reading the comments on the message board says it's not included.
    Also reading the description it talks about Lego Batman but not Rayman, so I'd say it's a copy/paste gone wrong.
    I'm happy to be proven wrong but figured I would just say it so as not to get the hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭vandriver

You'll have to welcome me into the wii u fold now as my ahem kids have just got this deal for christmas!
    (Any recommendations for good cheap games to suit 11 year old boy/8 year old girl most welcome)

That step was the very end. One more click and it was mine, charged to the credit card. It used to change the price on that page due to VAT rates, it doesn't appear to do it anymore :)

Ok just looked at it and you are indeed right. Thats great news. I've never played any of the lego games and have to say after looking at the reviews online I'm looking forward to them.... not as much as I'm looking forward to Mario 3d world but still.

It also does make the price that bit sweeter. Now with my postage removed its €240 pretty much on the nose for the console and 3 games I think thats a good deal.

Worth the hassle. :D

edit... I'll tell you hopefully next week when I get it if it was a mistake or not. Hopefully not. And its in the description so I'd definately query it if they dont put it in the deal.

vandriver wrote: »
    You'll have to welcome me into the wii u fold now as my ahem kids have just got this deal for christmas!
    (Any recommendations for good cheap games to suit 11 year old boy/8 year old girl most welcome)

Welcome. Those 2 games are perfect. Lego City Undercover is like a fun non violent GTA and Rayman Legends is a platformer that up to 5 people can play if you have extra controllers (Wiimote Plus or Circle Pad Pro)

And i'm sure you'll reluctantly get loads of enjoyment from both as well

• Advertisement

I reckon it's a mistake. The product description is the same for the not-on-offer LEGO Premium Pack. The "Box Contains" section says Rayman while the LEGO Premium Pack explicitly states Batman as well :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement