Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Great arguments guys. Fair points well made. So does anyone have a Wii U for sale before I buy that one in Smyths this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The only differences between the White (basic) and Black (Premium) Consoles are:

White has no
    Cradle/Dock for sitting and charging the Gamepad - Not required and can probably be found for under €5 if you look around.

The Wii U sensor bar - Not required and has been available for less then €2.

White Wii U has 8GB storage instead of 32GB storage in the black.

Everyone that has the black, has still said that they needed an external hard drive at some point. So really, there's not a lot of difference there, as you will need an external drive anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Great arguments guys. Fair points well made. So does anyone have a Wii U for sale before I buy that one in Smyths this evening?

Well you're not getting mine! Lol

Few games I recommend you pick up over the next few months are:

Lego City, actually all the Lego games, they are awesome
    Mario/Luigi U and 3D World
    MK8 and all the DLC
    Super Smash Bros
    Pikmin 3 is a must!
    YWW
    Splatoon
    ZombiU
    Batman Arkham games if you haven't played them yet
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
    Zelda WWHD
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Rayman Legends, this game was MADE for the WiiU
    Hyrule Warriors
    Sonic all stars racing transformed is a must, up there with MK8
    Ressy Evil Revelations if you haven't played it on 3ds already
    Bayonetta 1 & 2
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    Transformers Prime it's an exclusive too
    The wonderful 101
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    NFS Most Wanted
    Ninjas Gaiden 3 Razors Edge
    Draksiders 2, such an awesome 'zelda' clone, I need to play it again.

Some of those will be much cheaper new now.

Few upcoming games coming in the next 6 or so months to keep an eye out for:

Legend of Kay Anniversary
    Devils Third
    Super Mario Maker
    Mighty No 9
    Star Fox Zero
    Xenoblade Chronicles X, think it's out in November?
    Rodea Sky Soldier
    Amiibo, but hmm, maybe just one or two, danger there.

I'm sure someone here will do out a list of top must have eshop games for you too.

So yeah, there is a hell of a lot of games for the WiiU to keep you busy for years tbh. Yeah, WiiU is the winner this gen in my eyes for sure! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

God bless your eyes.

Legend of Kay Anniversary

I saw that somewhere onloine laste night, and it seemed ridiculously cheap
    I remember thinking "has that already gone on sale and been reduced?"
    Checking history..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Allyall wrote: »
    I saw that somewhere onloine laste night, and it seemed ridiculously cheap
    I remember thinking "has that already gone on sale and been reduced?"
    Checking history..

Haha no no, it's a remake of a ps2 game. The devs said a little while ago that they are selling it cheap to test the waters to see if there would be potential for a sequel in the future.

I've been waiting for its release since last year. It's only on WiiU and PS4 and at that price you can't go wrong for a 3d remake.

Haha no no, it's a remake of a ps2 game. The devs said a little while ago that they are selling it cheap to test the waters to see if there would be potential for a sequel in the future.

I've been waiting for its release since last year. It's only on WiiU and PS4 and at that price you can't go wrong for a 3d remake.

Ahh... Found it anyway. - £14.69 on Base.com
    I knew it was a remake, still thought that was very cheap.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Can I not just stick a 64g flash drive into the usb port?

You could though it's not recommended because of the constant writing and rewriting. That is one of the main reasons for running digital games from the internal memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

sligeach wrote: »
    You could though it's not recommended because of the constant writing and rewriting. That is one of the main reasons for running digital games from the internal memory.

Would only be for VC games, nothing bigger than 200mb. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Can I not just stick a 64g flash drive into the usb port?

Yeah, I did that for a few months with no problems at all. I eventually went all digital though, got a 500gb hard drive in Argos for €47 and a y-cable on Adverts.ie new for €5.
    The premium Wii U in Argos is €312 with Mario Kart 8, the basic with Mario Kart 8 in Smyths is €199.99. IMO, you're paying €112 for an extra 24gb of memory. You don't need the stand or the sensor bar. You'll need a hard drive eventually with the 32gb model anyway. There used to be benefits to buying the premium, more informed people than I will know better than me but I think it was a reduction on certain games if you were a premium owner, or something like that but that's gone now.

Edit: I forgot to say games run exactly the same off an external hard drive as the internal one.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    The only differences between the White (basic) and Black (Premium) Consoles are:

White has no
    Cradle/Dock for sitting and charging the Gamepad - Not required and can probably be found for under €5 if you look around.

The Wii U sensor bar - Not required and has been available for less then €2.

White Wii U has 8GB storage instead of 32GB storage in the black.

Everyone that has the black, has still said that they needed an external hard drive at some point. So really, there's not a lot of difference there, as you will need an external drive anyway.

You're really stretching it with those listed prices for the charging dock/stand and sensor bar(you need it to play Wii games on the TV). €15 more likely €20 is realistic. The colours wouldn't match, that would bug me and you're still missing the stands for the console. That's another €15 minimum from here including postage:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/9717-wii-u-vertical-stand-black.html

They're out of white.

Or €19 from Ebay for it in white. Crazy money for a little bit of plastic.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Free-Shipping-Nintendo-Official-Authentic-Vertical-Stand-White-for-Wii-U-WUP-009-/181809704403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a54b3edd3

You're really stretching it with those listed prices for the charging dock/stand and sensor bar(you need it to play Wii games on the TV). €15 more likely €20 is realistic. The colours wouldn't match, that would bug me and you're still missing the stands for the console. That's another €15 minimum from here including postage:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/9717-wii-u-vertical-stand-black.html

They're out of white.

Or €19 from Ebay for it in white. Crazy money for a little bit of plastic.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Free-Shipping-Nintendo-Official-Authentic-Vertical-Stand-White-for-Wii-U-WUP-009-/181809704403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a54b3edd3

Maybe lie it flat? Crazy I know but there ya go :) Sensor bar is €5 in Cex.

Wouldn't have to be the official one, as there's nothing in it.
    Charger/Dock - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-White-Dock-Charging-Cradle-Station-For-Nintendo-Wii-U-Gamepad-Remote-Controller-p-56407.html

You could get a fancy looking sensor for €3 :p - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wireless-Remote-Sensor-Bar-For-Nintendo-Wii-Controller-p-1242.html
    Or a normal one - for €3.45 (I've seen them a lot cheaper, probably on adverts.
    Wii U Basic vs Deluxe: Extra Junk

Wii U Deluxe comes with some knickknacks that aren't in Basic, most notably a GamePad charging stand. This is nice, but not really necessary; GamePad doesn't take batteries anyway and it comes with a charger. The other parts are stands for Wii U, if you want to position it vertically. Pretty irrelevant.
    From Here

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yeah, I did that for a few months with no problems at all. I eventually went all digital though, got a 500gb hard drive in Argos for €47 and a y-cable on Adverts.ie new for €5.
    The premium Wii U in Argos is €312 with Mario Kart 8, the basic with Mario Kart 8 in Smyths is €199.99. IMO, you're paying €112 for an extra 24gb of memory. You don't need the stand or the sensor bar. You'll need a hard drive eventually with the 32gb model anyway. There used to be benefits to buying the premium, more informed people than I will know better than me but I think it was a reduction on certain games if you were a premium owner, or something like that but that's gone now.

Edit: I forgot to say games run exactly the same off an external hard drive as the internal one.

https://p.nintendo.net/

You got a €5 voucher for roughly every €50 you spent digitally on Wii U and 3DS games. It ended last December 31st.

The Premium Wii U has gone up in price in Argos. It was €300 normally. I think it was even €280 for the Mario bundles. People buying now missed on a great deal on the Zelda Wind Waker bundle. It was €220 with 4 games plus Wind Waker and a €20 voucher. Before that there was the Lego City Undercover bundle, I think that was €240.

Gamestop I think last summer had a great deal going. The deals now are $###. Have some patience and something will pop up again or waste your money on Smyths crap deal if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

It's not a great deal. And regarding a loss, if you sell it on? There's people that can't sell Premium Wii U's with several top games for €200.

Can you back this statement up?
    Somebody already asked you to and you skipped over their question.

As for the windwaker deal, most people got either the voucher or the 4 games. They were meant as separate deals.

Maybe lie it flat? Crazy I know but there ya go :) Sensor bar is €5 in Cex.

Flat doesn't look as nice and for me it wouldn't work as I've the Wii U vertical in my unit right beside the TV and it looks the bees knees.

Can you back this statement up?
    Somebody already asked you to and you skipped over their question.

As for the windwaker deal, most people got either the voucher or the 4 games. They were meant as separate deals.

Nope the Wind Waker deal was for both.

And I didn't skip anything. It's against the rules to link to ads on Adverts and the like?

Nope the Wind Waker deal was for both.

And I didn't skip anything. It's against the rules to link to ads on Adverts and the like?

It wasn't for both. Go through the thread and you'll see most people got one or the other.

I can only see mentions in the charter of advertising your own wares. A bargain is a bargain, and if you've no affiliation to the ad, there's no harm in it.
    Feel free to pm myself or the original requester the links if you're unsure.

Flat doesn't look as nice and for me it wouldn't work as I've the Wii U vertical in my unit right beside the TV and it looks the bees knees.

Exactly, different people have different set ups. It's up to them. If you don't like the basic wii u, fair enough, I just don't see what the extra €100 or so is for.

The €20 voucher was separate to the Wii U deal. It was iirc for spending €200 and the 4 games was one of the options on the special offer. So you got both. The €20 voucher wasn't around as long as the €220 deal though.

If people had bought the Wii U 2 months ago in Argos, it destroyed Smyths current "offer". I'm sure there'll be more deals and if Nintendo don't do a price drop before Christmas they need their head examined. Argos have put everything up since the new catalogue came out and I'd say it's to stay ahead of the exchange rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

4 new pages in a followed thread for bargains, I thought you had all found something epic :D

Delighted it's just an argument :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

RedXIV wrote: »
    4 new pages in a followed thread for bargains, I thought you had all found something epic :D

Oh we did. Did you see the Smyths offer for the Wii U basic. Everyone is going bananas for it :P

RedXIV wrote: »

Argument? What? Where?! It's Basic vs. Premium. Choose your side! :D

The €20 voucher was separate to the Wii U deal. It was iirc for spending €200 and the 4 games was one of the options on the special offer. So you got both. The €20 voucher wasn't around as long as the €220 deal though.

If people had bought the Wii U 2 months ago in Argos, it destroyed Smyths current "offer". I'm sure there'll be more deals and if Nintendo don't do a price drop before Christmas they need their head examined. Argos have put everything up since the new catalogue came out and I'd say it's to stay ahead of the exchange rate.

There was a €10 voucher if you spent over a hundred which didn't last the length of the deal and was only avai) able for a very narrow period of time.
    Not the €20 voucher which was a choice instead of the games.
    You've yet to prove your earlier statement about people being unable to offload their wii U's.

If you're going to come out with such hyperbole, please back it up.

The wii u basic deal is very decent in terms of current deals. The uk equivalent deal has picked up decent heat on hukd, despite being a fair bit more expensive (€25) in the uk.

I don't need to back anything up. People have brains and can check things out for themselves. I'll post this once, if it'll stop you spouting on about hyperbole, skipping, prove, back up and other nonsense. I apologise mods if I'm breaking the rules.

The number of Wii U's sold on Adverts in the past 2 weeks? 3.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-with-games-and-4-controllers/8422549 (6 top Wii U games, 4 Wii U pro controllers, €250 minus postage)

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u/8370845 (6 games, 1 Wii controller, €160)

The buyer of that bundle then sold it on with 1 game for €180.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-as-new/8419987

All Premium Wii U's.

Or how about currently for sale? DARK-KNIGHT has a Premium Wii U for sale with NSMBU & NSLU with a Wii remote for €220. It's been up over a week and the only offer made so far has been €100. Like I said, people are struggling to sell them.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u/8422783

I don't need to back anything up. People have brains and can check things out for themselves. I'll post this once, if it'll stop you spouting on about hyperbole, skipping, prove, back up and other nonsense. I apologise mods if I'm breaking the rules.

The number of Wii U's sold on Adverts in the past 2 weeks.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-with-games-and-4-controllers/8422549 (6 top Wii U games, 4 pro controllers, €250 minus postage)

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u/8370845 (6 games, 1 Wii controller, €160)

The buyer of that bundle then sold it on with 1 game for €180.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/wii-u-as-new/8419987

We're all Wii U fans. It's all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mod warning:

Folks, cut out the sniping and bickering and attacking one another please.

Back to the bargains!

Sligeach there's no need to rubbish every console bargain posted simply because you perceive it to be lesser value than has been available in the past. The posts are for current bargains. If it's a better deal than available elsewhere, it's a bargain. Every time you post these, the thread descends into arguing back and forth, so please do not do this again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lads has anyone bought a key from cdkeys.com? Bought some PC games before no hassle but wondering are they the same with 3DS. There's some good value stuff up there.

Apologies if this isn't allowed on thread.

Lads has anyone bought a key from cdkeys.com? Bought some PC games before no hassle but wondering are they the same with 3DS. There's some good value stuff up there.

Apologies if this isn't allowed on thread.

I have for Wii U and Xbox One and both came through quickly. They're great imo.

• Advertisement

I have for Wii U and Xbox One and both came through quickly. They're great imo.

+1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement