Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Wonderful 101 is £17.86 plus £3 for postage at Shopto.

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu-wii/wii/WIIUTH00-the-wonderful-101

That's just under €30 including delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    The Wonderful 101 is £17.86 plus £3 for postage at Shopto.

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu-wii/wii/WIIUTH00-the-wonderful-101

That's just under €30 including delivery.

That's not a good price. I've seen it cheaper elsewhere :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »

What, don't say your copy on Adverts? Your €25 copy is secondhand and would probably cost the same with postage included. :p

I think this is as cheap as it's been. There was one offer fairly similar a few months back. But it's very rare to get it this cheap.

Edit: It was Shopto and it's the same price as it was back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gutted I spent 50 quid on that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm gutted I spent 50 quid on that now.
    I'm not. I love it.

LOVEOVLOELVOLEOVLOELOVE :D

I just bought it again for my friends nephew. I convinced him to get the Windwaker bundle for him, as he had got the PS4 at Christmas and only played Plants vs Zombies and Skylanders.

I rang him there and he told me to get it... (I hope to God one of them like it... :eek::D).

Brilliant price.

It hasn't been this low for a long time, and then it was for an hour, or something.
    Probably won't be again, for another long time. Only slightly miffed because of the exchange rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    sligeach wrote: »
    What, don't say your copy on Adverts? Your €25 copy is secondhand and would probably cost the same with postage included. :p

I think this is as cheap as it's been. There was one offer fairly similar a few months back. But it's very rare to get it this cheap.

Edit: It was Shopto and it's the same price as it was back then.

I think someone's sarcasm-detector isn't working... :pac:
    (Sorry! :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Right, I'm buying The Wonderful 101, I've heard nothing but good things about it. If it's crap I'll blame you lot :D It's €40 digitally here for anyone who wants it...

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/the-wonderful-101-nintendo-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Its a fantastic game.

First hour or so is rubbish as you flail around confused and irritated by the controls.

Then it clicks, and it's glorious.

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm not. I love it.

LOVEOVLOELVOLEOVLOELOVE :D

I just bought it again for my friends nephew. I convinced him to get the Windwaker bundle for him, as he had got the PS4 at Christmas and only played Plants vs Zombies and Skylanders.

I rang him there and he told me to get it... (I hope to God one of them like it... :eek::D).

Brilliant price.

It hasn't been this low for a long time, and then it was for an hour, or something.
    Probably won't be again, for another long time. Only slightly miffed because of the exchange rate.

Well I mean, its worth the 50 quid. But I swear I've seen it nothing than cheaper since then is all :pac:

Well I mean, its worth the 50 quid. But I swear I've seen it nothing than cheaper since then is all :pac:

'Tis true.

I saw it once at €18. Didn't get it. This offer works out at €30.41, whilst not great it's the best in a while.
    I got more than my €48.99 out of it though, so I'm happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P68FY0M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I still think this was one of the best bargains for video games last year, it was only 250 euros and a brilliant xmas pressie. I connected a 32gb memory stick and have loads of stuff on it including Windwaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Anyone know where to pre-order Mario Maker for about €60 with the Amiibo? That was the price of the previous boxes but now a lot of retailers are charging more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

alekito wrote: »
    Anyone know where to pre-order Mario Maker for about €60 with the Amiibo? That was the price of the previous boxes but now a lot of retailers are charging more.

Smyths I'd say. Should be €60 on release date even if pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Cheers, I hope so. They want €70 for it now. But €60 is my limit. So hopefully they will drop the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    Mod warning:

Folks, cut out the sniping and bickering and attacking one another please.

Back to the bargains!

Sligeach there's no need to rubbish every console bargain posted simply because you perceive it to be lesser value than has been available in the past. The posts are for current bargains. If it's a better deal than available elsewhere, it's a bargain. Every time you post these, the thread descends into arguing back and forth, so please do not do this again.

It's almost or actually deffo something you'd get recently banned for on say, n-europe.com ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Allyall wrote: »
    'Tis true.

I saw it once at €18. Didn't get it. This offer works out at €30.41, whilst not great it's the best in a while.
    I got more than my €48.99 out of it though, so I'm happy. :)

Am I the only one who picked it up off the Nintendo.co.uk store that time they had the pricing error on digital copies of W101, Pikmin 3, DKCR 3DS and M&L Dream Team and all of them were around £8 each?

If yes : In your face, bargain hunters! Bow to your king!
    But I did post it here, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    Am I the only one who picked it up off the Nintendo.co.uk store that time they had the pricing error on digital copies of W101, Pikmin 3, DKCR 3DS and M&L Dream Team and all of them were around £8 each?

If yes : In your face, bargain hunters! Bow to your king!
    But I did post it here, in fairness.

I got W101 for free from Nintendo when they had some deal on 'buy 2 games get one free' a year or so ago, so I think that's the best deal on that game :p

Watch_Dogs is £14.94 new at the moment on Amazon. Works out at €22 before postage http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CEOUMZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1438002933&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=watch+dogs+wii+u&dpPl=1&dpID=51k02%2BrBfUL&ref=plSrch

I know it kinda got panned last year but the general reviews for it now seem to be pretty good.

Watch_Dogs is £14.94 new at the moment on Amazon. Works out at €22 before postage http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00CEOUMZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1438002933&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=watch+dogs+wii+u&dpPl=1&dpID=51k02%2BrBfUL&ref=plSrch

I know it kinda got panned last year but the general reviews for it now seem to be pretty good.
    Same seller is selling the Special Edition for ~ £1.60 more (£16.55) , although it's not clear whether or not it's the Spanish edition.
    The box in the page display is.

Anyone know of where I could pick up Dues Ex super cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems to be 20 in Gamestop at the moment (new). How cheap do you want it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got W101 for free from Nintendo when they had some deal on 'buy 2 games get one free' a year or so ago, so I think that's the best deal on that game :p

I enjoyed watch dogs, albeit on a different system. €35 credit in CEX too.

Mr E wrote: »
    Seems to be 20 in Gamestop at the moment (new). How cheap do you want it? :)

That seems good to me!

I've been looking online mostly, always over £20

Edit: it's €24.99 in gamestop

Its 15 if you can find it in cex.

Its 15 if you can find it in cex.

Yup saw that, but nearly €20 with postage since its not in the Dublin shops.

Ah, I'll find it at a good price. I'll keep an eye on the euro Amazon's for the next while.

Thanks y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

sweetie wrote: »
    I enjoyed watch dogs, albeit on a different system. €35 credit in CEX too.

Saw 8 copies for sale in CEX today, someone has been buying in bulk lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watch Dogs is utter sh1te!
    Avoid, except as profit making trade in fodder.
    Frame rate is awful, the much lauded touchpad integration is a joke and its just not that good a game.
    Plus, the mechanics are straight lifted from Assassins Creed, Far Cry and a spot of GTA wannabe.
    I wouldn't bother.
    And if you must, just get it for the other formats instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Watch Dogs is utter sh1te!
    Avoid, except as profit making trade in fodder.
    Frame rate is awful, the much lauded touchpad integration is a joke and its just not that good a game.
    Plus, the mechanics are straight lifted from Assassins Creed, Far Cry and a spot of GTA wannabe.
    I wouldn't bother.
    And if you must, just get it for the other formats instead.

I got it, played 3 hours through sheer determination and haven't touched it since.....not worth it when there's plenty of quality elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Anyone see a good price for Zelda wind waker for the Wii U?

I played the PS4 version of watchdogs (with a better framerate) and its still utter dog ****e, to be avoided at all costs.

And wind waker hardly ever goes cheap, probably have to wait for a good deal maybe or bite the bullet and buy an expensive one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, didn't hang onto my PS4 copy of it for long either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement