Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

cloud493 wrote: »
    I played the PS4 version of watchdogs (with a better framerate) and its still utter dog ****e, to be avoided at all costs.

And wind waker hardly ever goes cheap, probably have to wait for a good deal maybe or bite the bullet and buy an expensive one.

Watch Dogs, possibly the worst game I've played in recent memory.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You haven't played Super Toy Cars on the WiiU then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That could be fun. Naming the worst Wii U game. I nominate Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade. It has a review score of 11% on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/family-party-30-great-games-obstacle-arcade

On the eShop there's some real horror shows. There's Meme Run, Frenchy Bird, The Letter and Santa Factory.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/santa_factory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Meme run sounds embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Meme run sounds embarassing.

... and a really, really ugly game.. I couldn't even watch the trailier videos (If they're real).. Ugh.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I don't know what the game is about but when I hear of Meme Run, the image I get is Chuck Norris chasing after Rick Astley. Strange I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I don't know what the game is about but when I hear of Meme Run, the image I get is Chuck Norris chasing after Rick Astley. Strange I know.

Chuck Norris doesn't chase anyone. His gravitational force as he's running pushes everything away.

Always wanted to do one of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Good things come to those who wait, Puzzle & Dragons 3DS in Argos for €13.99.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=4027948

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Ryath

Tinie wrote: »

Thanks have one reserved.
    You'd want to be quick though very little stock.
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=325%2F7702

• Advertisement

Toshiba Canvio Basics 500GB is €34.99 on mymemory.ie and is often recommended as one of the drives to use with the Wii U.
    If getting it, remember you will also need a USB Y cable.

The 1TB model is €54.59 (similar price elsewhere).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Gawd dam. Hope I can get my hands on this, cheers for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Just reserved one, thanks for posting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    Chuck Norris doesn't chase anyone. His gravitational force as he's running pushes everything away.

Sadly Norris is an old has been, and gravity pulls stuff to it.... unless it's a slingshot manoeuvre....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What's the general consensus on the Puzzle + Dragons game? It seems to have gotten mixed reviews.

What's the general consensus on the Puzzle + Dragons game? It seems to have gotten mixed reviews.

Biggest game in Japan atm.

Just missed the last one in Stephens Green. Dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Perfectly fine game for passing some time. Nothing special but really good for 13.99.

There is a demo if anyone wants to try before they buy.

And where is anyone going to get it for 13.99?
    I've seen it about and it seems to be 29.99 everywhere, including here in France

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've seen it about and it seems to be 29.99 everywhere, including here in France

Read the posts man lol

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:
    You're in France?
    I'd go ballistic over there.
    Leclerc, Cultura, ReuDeCommerce, Fnac, CDiscount, Micromania, Carrefour, Cora, Noz, Auchan, Grossbill, Darty... and on and on and on and on....

I'd be driving anyone with me nuts. :D

Allyall wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:
    You're in France?
    I'd go ballistic over there.
    Leclerc, Cultura, ReuDeCommerce, Fnac, CDiscount, Micromania, Carrefour, Cora, Noz, Auchan, Grossbill, Darty... and on and on and on and on....

I'd be driving anyone with me nuts. :D

I think I speak for everyone here when I say.. wha are ye on abou?

Wright wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say.. wha are ye on abou?

All of those stores, and other ones, always seem to have crazy deals on consoles and games, and other stuff.
    Maybe it's because there is so much competition. - For example (small example of wii u offers)

But not only that, they have massive selections in general, games that you can't get here, are on the shelves over there.

In the spirit of the thread - Wii U Gamepad Charging cradles are €1.98 from Amazon Italy. May be a better offer if getting something with it.

Games are pretty cheap in those pictures yeah but the consoles, nothing you wouldn't find in Smyths. €200 for an 8GB and a choice of some class first party titles.

Wright wrote: »
    Games are pretty cheap in those pictures yeah but the consoles, nothing you wouldn't find in Smyths. €200 for an 8GB and a choice of some class first party titles.
    They were just random examples. But the Zelda bundle for €119.50 :eek:, Bayonetta 1 & 2 for €12 :eek::eek:..
    Those linked may not all have been the best, but they are good. They do have crazy offers on all the time though, I've seen them.
    But that's all i meant anyway, I couldn't pass those stores by. If I knew one was only 5 miles away... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Haven't checked out the posted links yet but always saved loads by ordering official and unofficial Smash Bros controllers and the adaptor from France so would highly recommend getting stuff from there. Delivery was only €7 and arrived within a week.
    Also ordered the long life Wii U battery which was half what it was on the UK site. Wish I could remember the price. Apologies. Well worth checking out though.

Sorry, scratch that, it was €16 when I nabbed it from Amazon.fr, it's now €28, they must have got wind of of it. Apologies. (the longer life wii u battery one)

Watch out, I had some stuff reserved in Argos overnight that had gone up in price, take a screen grab of your email reservation on your phone and like me you should get any price hiked items at the originally reserved price, if not argue your case as there is no harm in trying.

If it's a massive hike they may claim the original was an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Watch out, I had some stuff reserved in Argos overnight that had gone up in price, take a screen grab of your email reservation on your phone and like me you should get any price hiked items at the originally reserved price, if not argue your case as there is no harm in trying.

That happened to me one time too and they were cool about it, gave it to me at the reserved price. What did you reserve?

Edit: Ah sorry, I see you got it at the reserved price.

They will not be doing that to me tomorrow when I go in for my reserved copy, I can promise you that!

• Advertisement

It was Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics Wii U seems to be €12.99 online and €17.99 when I went to buy. As it was reserved at the lower price and I had proof in my email I got it for €12.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement