Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I brought this up last week. I thought it was a good deal but delighted I held off because I got a second hand 32 gb with Mk8, smash bros, 3Dworld, new super Mario Bros U and some Disney crap as well. Everything working and delivered to my door for €250.

Nice one! The games alone are worth over €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

watch doges u gets 32 euro at cex?

Might finally have a use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

/\/ollog wrote: »
    watch doges u gets 32 euro at cex?

Might finally have a use for it.

It gets you €28 cash or €35 store credit. You can buy it with postage for less than €23 posted.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUWA02-watch-dogs

There's 36 copies in stock at CEX. Maybe a few people are buying and trading it in for a profit or maybe it's as bad as people say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    It gets you €28 cash or €35 store credit. You can buy it with postage for less than €23 posted.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUWA02-watch-dogs

There's 36 copies in stock at CEX. Maybe a few people are buying and trading it in for a profit or maybe it's as bad as people say.

I'm guessing it's as bad as they say... Which is a pity, because despite the delays, they did still publish it on the Wii U.
    On a brighter note (for them) Sales will be through the roof at this rate :D

I got it for the price of a parcel motel stay at launch due to a flubbit error, may have a walk down during the week. Thanks

• Advertisement

The Toshiba Canvio 2TB is on Amazon for €69 delivered using BIGTHANKS code at checkout.
    This is another drive (most mentioned) that is recommended fro using with the Wii U.

Don't forget to add one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Y-Cable-Cable-Micro-Standard-Supply/dp/B00B5T3UTS/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Using both Amazon deals at the moment I ordered yoshi, splatoon and prof Layton miracle mask for about 50 euro delivered

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

sweetie wrote: »
    Using both Amazon deals at the moment I ordered yoshi, splatoon and prof Layton miracle mask for about 50 euro delivered

What amazon deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Wright wrote: »
    What amazon deals?

There's £10 off £50 until midnight and some customers can receive £10 credit when buying a £40 gift card. The credit isn't added to your account immediately, so you won't be able to use it in conjunction with the £50 offer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

accap1f8 wrote: »
    I brought this up last week. I thought it was a good deal but delighted I held off because I got a second hand 32 gb with Mk8, smash bros, 3Dworld, new super Mario Bros U and some Disney crap as well. Everything working and delivered to my door for €250.

Where did you get that deal?

Just saw that Smyths gone back up to €220 for 8gb.

• Advertisement

Where did you get that deal?

Just saw that Smyths gone back up to €220 for 8gb.

Since when? Bought mine with Smash for €200 four days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Since when? Bought mine with Smash for €200 four days ago.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

Just read the add again. It says €220 and then below it €200. Didn't see the €200 when I originally posted.

I presume it's still €200 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a download key for Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS for €21.33 from CD Keys which turned up instantly - http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/3ds-games/mario-kart-7-3ds

You can get a voucher for a further 5% off if you like them on facebook.

Mass Effect Wii U is a fiver in GameStop

3 is it? Will be havin that ta!

Wright wrote:
    3 is it? Will be havin that ta!

Yeah sorry. Stephens green branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know when Gamestop swords is gonna be properly open again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone know when Gamestop swords is gonna be properly open again?

?
    Is that the branch in the Pavilion?
    WTF?
    I'm only out of the country for 2 weeks and all hell breaks loose!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    ?
    Is that the branch in the Pavilion?
    WTF?
    I'm only out of the country for 2 weeks and all hell breaks loose!

I was in there on wednesday and the place had wooden boards in the windows and they were selling games outside by the escalator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

It's that price in Argos also, which gives alternative options to some people. :)

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=912/8361

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry. Stephens green branch

Had a look no sign. They're desperate to sell those special editions though lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in there on wednesday and the place had wooden boards in the windows and they were selling games outside by the escalator.

Is it a promotion of some description or did they have a flood or something, been smited by the gods for selling games at too high a markup to gullible idiots who never heard of pricespy, or shopping around for that matter.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is it a promotion of some description or did they have a flood or something, been smited by the gods for selling games at too high a markup to gullible idiots who never heard of pricespy, or shopping around for that matter.

I didn't ask, didn't look flooded or nothing, just wasn't open and the games were out of the shop.

Gotta get in there and pay off that metal gear PS4 dammit :mad:

Dair76 wrote:
    *unless that's the joke

Wright wrote:
    Had a look no sign. They're desperate to sell those special editions though lol

In a clearance section with kinect and move games? About halfway up in the left.

I didn't ask, didn't look flooded or nothing, just wasn't open and the games were out of the shop.

Gotta get in there and pay off that metal gear PS4 dammit :mad:

Its €420 in gamestop now they've upped it by €20 the gits. Lost sale from me!

Splatoon is €23.94 on Amazon Italy - €5.21 Shipping. - http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00LGILWG6/

Allyall wrote: »
    Splatoon is €23.94 on Amazon Italy - €5.21 Shipping. - http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00LGILWG6/

That's a good price. Wonder if it's in English? Are there language options in Splatoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up bayonetta 1 and 2 for the WII U there yesterday in Argos in Kilkenny for €29 euros for it crazy cheap.

Had a look there and its not on there site worth having a look on there in store computer in what there selling off as thats where i found it. It was also the last copy there.

That's a good price. Wonder if it's in English? Are there language options in Splatoon?

Should be, most EU games come with at least 5 languages on them.

As for selecting languages, usually it uses the system's language to choose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon has Wonderful 101 for £17.86 (around €25) and Mighty No 9 preorder is down to £22.99 (€33ish)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement