Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote: »
    Amazon has Wonderful 101 for £17.86 (around €25) and Mighty No 9 preorder is down to £22.99 (€33ish)

anyone around dublin city centre fancy a copy of this? - to get around the free postage thing. I can order them. It's not worth buying a spare to trade at CEX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone around dublin city centre fancy a copy of this? - to get around the free postage thing. I can order them. It's not worth buying a spare to trade at CEX.

How much is 18 quid in euro?

cloud493 wrote: »
    How much is 18 quid in euro?

about 26 euro, gets 27 credit in CEX which I don't want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If you add them both, you'll qualify for free shipping, and only get charged for each one as they ship. Don't tick "Bundle my items together".

Then when TW101 ships, if you don't want Mighty No. 9 from Amazon, you can cancel it.

Allyall wrote: »
    If you add them both, you'll qualify for free shipping, and only get charged for each one as they ship. Don't tick "Bundle my items together".

Then when TW101 ships, if you don't want Mighty No. 9 from Amazon, you can cancel it.

they copped that trick a little while back.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    they copped that trick a little while back.

Did they? Cráp. I've only done it once. They should lower it to at least £20 with the exchange rate at the minute too.

You could order 2 and send back one unwanted (free shipping) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Allyall wrote: »
    Did they? Cráp. I've only done it once. They should lower it to at least £20 with the exchange rate at the minute too.

You could order 2 and send back one unwanted (free shipping) :pac:

I think it is down to 20 now actually?

RedXIV wrote: »

Cool, didn't know that.

They should lower it to at least £10.. :pac:..

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

RedXIV wrote: »

Are you sure you're not confusing it for the UK minimum spend? That was raised to £20, but I'm certain the requirement for Irish addresses is still £25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not confusing it for the UK minimum spend? That was raised to £20, but I'm certain the requirement for Irish addresses is still £25.

Yep, still £25 minimum spend for free delivery to Ireland.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3793231

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in gametop yesterday they have a load of 3ds games for between 3 to 10 euros some fairly OK games there.

A good bit of it was games that came out in the 1st year of the 3ds lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Don't suppose StarFox 3DS was one of the games?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Don't suppose StarFox 3DS was one of the games?

Steel diver, heroes of ruin, Professor Layton, Spy Hunter. There was a few others but i don't expect any big hitter games to be cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Steel diver, heroes of ruin, Professor Layton, Spy Hunter. There was a few others but i don't expect any big hitter games to be cheap.

Hmm, Layton? Well, time to try this IP finally. What branch?

Wright wrote: »
    Hmm, Layton? Well, time to try this IP finally. What branch?

They had it in the Waterford, Cork city and kilkenny ones so it's more or less I'm all stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭baldshin

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=912/8835

Basic Wii U pack reduced to €166.99, stock in about 80% of stores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

baldshin wrote: »
    http://www.checkargos.com/?search=912/8835

Basic Wii U pack reduced to €166.99, stock in about 80% of stores.

That's an amazing deal, anyone who loves gaming and hasn't got one yet should jump on this one, for the price of a pair of current gen releases you can have a platform that hosts the best the gen has yet to offer, well spotted.

Not only that, but they have the Gamecube controller adaptors in stock as well!
    Link
    €25.99, which isn't too bad for the official product, just reserved one in Swords, seems to be about one per store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Wii U has my favourite shooter, platformer and racing game ever on it. At that price it's a steal.

Yep; amazing deal, anyone without one, pick it up. Now we just need super cheap Splatoon, make it happen Argos!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Isn't the €199.99 Smyths offer currently a bit better? Basic console with one free game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose, the thing is, that all along there were nay sayers going "if only it was 250, I'd buy one", and then it was " 250 is too much, 199 and I'd buy one for sure ", and now we see the basic model further reduced to €166.99, and still it's not a big enough bargain for some.

Look at it this way, for less than the price of a new PS3 or 360, never mind PS4 and Xbox One, you can own the console that hosts the best games of this generation so far.
    That's the likes of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros, also hosting Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSMBU and, soon, Super Mario Maker.
    If you don't yet own a WiiU and you say you love games, you will be unlikely to see a better deal.

Sarn wrote: »
    Isn't the €199.99 Smyths offer currently a bit better? Basic console with one free game.

Yeah but only got €20 for trade in on smash which is pretty crap so I basically got the unit itself for €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose, the thing is, that all along there were nay sayers going "if only it was 250, I'd buy one", and then it was " 250 is too much, 199 and I'd buy one for sure ", and now we see the basic model further reduced to €166.99, and still it's not a big enough bargain for some.

Look at it this way, for less than the price of a new PS3 or 360, never mind PS4 and Xbox One, you can own the console that hosts the best games of this generation so far.
    That's the likes of Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros, also hosting Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSMBU and, soon, Super Mario Maker.
    If you don't yet own a WiiU and you say you love games, you will be unlikely to see a better deal.

You forgot Mario Party 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    you can own the console that hosts the best games of this generation so far.

Matter of opinion.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Matter of opinion.

Realistically it's more a matter of consensus but work away.
    ca175e2977.png

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Matter of opinion.

Soooort of, not really, PS4 has caught up at this point in my opinion but it was true for a while there. Not true anymore. Would be if Nintendo could pull their willies out and make a console with enough grunt to attract third parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Games_top wrote: »
    You forgot Mario Party 10...

And with good reason. svomit_100-121.gif

Is Mario Party 10 that bad? I know the style of it is really lame but how are the mini games?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Is Mario Party 10 that bad? I know the style of it is really lame but how are the mini games?

Bowser Mode is a good addition, livens it up a bit. If you didn't care much for the previous Wii versions then there's probably not a lot more here to attract you. Worth a try when CEX have it in stock for 35 euro; just buy two copies of Short Peace in Gamestop for 10 each, trade both for 36 euro and you get Mario Party 10 for 20 euro.

• Advertisement

A shame because I really like Nintendoland and I was hoping the latest Mario Party would follow in it's stead. Especially the asymmetric gameplay stuff with the Gamepad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement