Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Realistically it's more a matter of consensus but work away.
    ca175e2977.png

Don't see Minecraft there... haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Oh dear look who's back lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Is Mario Party 10 that bad? I know the style of it is really lame but how are the mini games?

Yes. For starters, you have to buy the scammy $h1t€ that are amiibo in order to play the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Wright wrote: »
    Oh dear look who's back lol

I never left :P

I never left :P

Really? I've noticed a distinct lack of silly non-sensical posts recently...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Really? I've noticed a distinct lack of silly non-sensical posts recently...

Urge to thank rising... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

For a bit of balance. The list presented earlier is the Wii U list so unsurprisingly it is going to have a lot of Wii U games listed and therefore doesn't include Minecraft. It could be argued that the people who have a Wii U are likely to be more vocal, with cross platform games losing out due to a dilution of votes amongst the other consoles.

That doesn't deny the fact that there are a lot of good games on the Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Games_top wrote:
    Bowser Mode is a good addition, livens it up a bit. If you didn't care much for the previous Wii versions then there's probably not a lot more here to attract you. Worth a try when CEX have it in stock for 35 euro; just buy two copies of Short Peace in Gamestop for 10 each, trade both for 36 euro and you get Mario Party 10 for 20 euro.

Tried to buy two copies of a game (kinect adventures) last week in GS and they wouldn't allow it. Mentioned trading to CEX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jebus, kinect adventures is worth 30c credit or 20c cash in CeX, they really are cheeky feckers in gameslop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sweetie wrote: »
    Tried to buy two copies of a game (kinect adventures) last week in GS and they wouldn't allow it. Mentioned trading to CEX

Never tell them that your planing on trading into CEX or another shop. If your buying a few copies just say getting them for your friends to play online ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Never tell them that your planing on trading into CEX or another shop. If your buying a few copies just say getting them for your friends to play online ....

I think he meant they mentioned Cex, not sweetie.

Christ I'd love a WiiU, I've no money :( That €166 deal could put me on soup for a week if there was an Argos nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Christ I'd love a WiiU, I've no money :( That €166 deal could put me on soup for a week if there was an Argos nearby

Like i have always bought multi copies of games in shops no problem. There a few months ago in gamestop i bought 6 copies of FF13-3 for the PS3 for 2.50 each and the guy working there even asked me do i wont any more copies as there collecting dust in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Exactly, I laughed at him to be honest. They're feelings the effects of Cex I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Anyone happen to know the best prices for ocarina of time 3D and Splatoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anyone happen to know the best prices for ocarina of time 3D and Splatoon?

For Splatoon.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/splatoon-wii-u/dgc-splatoonwiiu.htm?awc=2694_1439890129_47c173b427553079da933eaa2e809c95

Works out at €34.43 with shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Not sure if its a bargain or not, coz I've seen them go for over 100 euro for some reason, but CEX have 2 copies of LEGO Indiana Jones for the Wii in D'Olier St.

I've played it before. Great game, but never got passed the first level for some reason...

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Not sure if its a bargain or not, coz I've seen them go for over 100 euro for some reason, but CEX have 2 copies of LEGO Indiana Jones for the Wii in D'Olier St.

I've played it before. Great game, but never got passed the first level for some reason...

Aye they have a 'use'... 'apparently'... but I don't think people even use that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

This is one of the flaws about using the loyalty card; they can track what you're purchasing and limit you. One of their employees did mention that Cex went whining to them about how they were being flooded with specific titles (common sense would dictate that the price offered should be drastically reduced, but I guess there's no sense to be found with the management). One or two people actually got bans from Gamestop because of this bulk-buying technique.

At the end of the day, some of these games are only worth buying to trade, and Gamestop are losing sales by turning away punters, and their latest idea with this "loot" thing is a desperate act of a company in trouble (my opinion).

Games_top wrote: »
    This is one of the flaws about using the loyalty card; they can track what you're purchasing and limit you. One of their employees did mention that Cex went whining to them about how they were being flooded with specific titles (common sense would dictate that the price offered should be drastically reduced, but I guess there's no sense to be found with the management). One or two people actually got bans from Gamestop because of this bulk-buying technique.

At the end of the day, some of these games are only worth buying to trade, and Gamestop are losing sales by turning away punters, and their latest idea with this "loot" thing is a desperate act of a company in trouble (my opinion).

lol CEX if you don't want the titles... don't buy them in? What are they crying about? They know they don't HAVE to buy every game that's brought in right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think they do and that's apparently why they sell games, etc for much more than they buy them for. To make up for the money they spend buying crap, like other shops that buy back games.

• Advertisement

lol CEX if you don't want the titles... don't buy them in? What are they crying about? They know they don't HAVE to buy every game that's brought in right?

In fairness, that would require competence. I was told by Gamestop before Christmas that I might be getting into trouble with Cex for buying games to resell, but I never hid the fact, nor do I really care; ban me please and save me money!

On topic: Mario vs Donkey Kong for Wii U is € 19.99 from Fnac (download code for Wii U and 3DS inside the retail box). Just bought one today (mainly for the physical case - game might be good also :P )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gamestop are kinda up the proverbial creek without said paddle, new sales are tanking and I think it's only the preowned stuff that's keeping them afloat.
    CEX are all about buy cheap and sell not so cheap.
    I suppose there'll be examples of buying in items for more than they are worth, as a result of a sale elsewhere but I suspect that these are the exceptions rather than the rule and someone will eventually buy those copies of Watchdogs for the WiiU, keeping in mind that stock us probably moved around within the group and here and the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

You would think they would have a quota system in their database to stop too many copies of j random game flooding in when argos have a clean out or whatever.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gamestop are kinda up the proverbial creek without said paddle, new sales are tanking and I think it's only the preowned stuff that's keeping them afloat.
    CEX are all about buy cheap and sell not so cheap.
    I suppose there'll be examples of buying in items for more than they are worth, as a result of a sale elsewhere but I suspect that these are the exceptions rather than the rule and someone will eventually buy those copies of Watchdogs for the WiiU, keeping in mind that stock us probably moved around within the group and here and the UK.

Nothing against the company itself apart from its mediocre customer support and hostile and irritated sales assistants, but I miss the days of Gamesworld when customers weren't looked upon as an annoyance. But we'll never have those days back, I guess, because the guys that ran that company with a genuine passion were replaced by a ridiculous regime where assistants can be as rude as they like to people without fear of punishment.

Sorry about that. Rant over :)

Nothing against the company itself apart from its mediocre customer support and hostile and irritated sales assistants, but I miss the days of Gamesworld when customers weren't looked upon as an annoyance. But we'll never have those days back, I guess, because the guys that ran that company with a genuine passion were replaced by a ridiculous regime where assistants can be as rude as they like to people without fear of punishment.

Sorry about that. Rant over :)

We talking about Gamestop? Been in and out of Gamestops since they came in to Ireland and have never felt anything negative from staff.

Been in and out of Gamestops since they came in to Ireland

We all have. Check out Henry Street for some cold service. Tallaght comes close too. Clare Hall and Donaghmede are the best ones though, the people there know their stuff and are pleasant to deal with.

OR... check out the sale at Mighty Ape's website. 3DS, Wii-U and more reduced, over at mightyape.co.nz

We all have. Check out Henry Street for some cold service. Tallaght comes close too. Clare Hall and Donaghmede are the best ones though, the people there know their stuff and are pleasant to deal with.

OR... check out the sale at Mighty Ape's website. 3DS, Wii-U and more reduced, over at mightyape.co.nz

Henry Street is the branch that came to mind; they've always been quite chatty and forthcoming with me, maybe they don't like people going in for a long convo with them though?

I'll pass on the beyblade and 'cradle of egypt' games on discount on that site thanks lol. Never mind shipping time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

In the UK cex can and have refused to take stuff before, don't know if its different here. There was also a limit to how much of one thing can be traded in at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm shocked CEX doesn't work on some sort of algorithm. They're still offering huge money for Watch Dogs U even though they have 42 copies of it that they're never ever going to sell for 52 euro each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

In the UK cex can and have refused to take stuff before, don't know if its different here. There was also a limit to how much of one thing can be traded in at one time.

They refused an Apple TV 2 from me before. Which worked out excellent for me.
    At the time the ATV3 was (possibly still is) not 'jailbreakable', and I sold my ATV2 for €150 :D.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement