Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Allyall wrote: »
    They refused an Apple TV 2 from me before. Which worked out excellent for me.
    At the time the ATV3 was (possibly still is) not 'jailbreakable', and I sold my ATV2 for €150 :D.

A perfectly working apple tv? Nah sorry.

49 copies of Watch Dogs U? Sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Games_top wrote: »
    Nothing against the company itself apart from its mediocre customer support and hostile and irritated sales assistants, but I miss the days of Gamesworld when customers weren't looked upon as an annoyance. But we'll never have those days back, I guess, because the guys that ran that company with a genuine passion were replaced by a ridiculous regime where assistants can be as rude as they like to people without fear of punishment.

Sorry about that. Rant over :)

I worked there, back in the day.
    I'd have every other day off in my regular career and worked in Gamesworld then because I loved games and helping people.
    I was there from around 95 to 00.
    I loved it.
    I was the tall fella with red hair and glasses.
    I was normally based in the Abbey St shop, at the back of Chapters.

Believe it or not Gamesworld was modelled on CEX, which was a highly thought of indie gameshop at the time, or so the Gamesworld founders told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I worked there, back in the day.
    I'd have every other day off in my regular career and worked in Gamesworld then because I loved games and helping people.
    I was there from around 95 to 00.
    I loved it.
    I was the tall fella with red hair and glasses.
    I was normally based in the Abbey St shop, at the back of Chapters.

Believe it or not Gamesworld was modelled on CEX, which was a highly thought of indie gameshop at the time, or so the Gamesworld founders told me.

I remember you! And the brothers also (whose names I won't mention here out of respect, but they were fantastic people). I'd love to see another independent store open in Dublin, one that'd be willing to listen to some advice now and then, that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

They had a branch in Clonmel before gamestop bought them out, was far better before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Not sure if its a bargain or not, coz I've seen them go for over 100 euro for some reason, but CEX have 2 copies of LEGO Indiana Jones for the Wii in D'Olier St.

I've played it before. Great game, but never got passed the first level for some reason...

They used to be used to exploit the 4.3 firmware, & for a long time, was the only way to do it hence the high price. A newer exploit was found eventually, killing the high resale price of those games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Frankly epic carry case for the DS.
    Don't all rush at once....

http://www.adverts.ie/5681910

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

'Can you deliver this free case to me' Love adverts sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Frankly epic carry case for the DS. Don't all rush at once....

No Megadeth?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No Taylor Swift?!?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mr E wrote: »
    No Taylor Swift?!?!?!?!

ari3_1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Splatoon is now €29.99 including delivery from Base. Best price I've seen yet.

http://www.base.com/Games/Splatoon-Wii-U/SPLATOONWIIU/product.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's some free Nintendo game boxes available outside the ex-Smyths Bray building if anybody's interested:

image1%202.jpg

There's some free Nintendo game boxes available outside the ex-Smyths Bray building if anybody's interested:

image1%202.jpg

lol

What happened to the games inside? Are they promotional boxes? Is the story closing down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Check for codes??

sweetie wrote: »
    Check for codes??

I'd say they're well gone :)

But apparently empty boxes sell on ebay :(.

Or :D (Fund a new console from a skip)

image1%202.jpg

Smyths have wheelie bin providing a terrible service as of late. Thank you, I'm here all week. ;)

Nintendo 2DS to have it's prices SLASHED!!!

I tried to do that as dramatic as I could without pictures.

I saw these, and realised they are mostly for American readers (I hate searching Google "Country:Ireland" - Zero Irish results.)
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/20/incredible-nintendo-2ds-price-cut-starts-soon/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/You-Can-Pick-Up-Nintendo-2DS-Cheaper-Than-Ever-80107.html

I used Yandex and got an Italian hit (At least it's European)
    http://www.spaziogames.it/notizie_videogiochi/console_nintendo_3ds/221146/nintendo-2ds-taglio-di-prezzo-negli-stati-uniti.aspx

But they also refer to the U.S. market.

I can't imagine that this won't come here..

It has to.

Prices SLASHED!! (an alternative attempt at dramatising it. (Again without pics)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I read everything you just typed in that annoying Harvey Norman radio advert voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

Mass Effect 3 SE €4.98 Brand new copy, one left, GamesStop Dun Laoghaire.

I read everything you just typed in that annoying Harvey Norman radio advert voice.

Better than the couple of Beers and few Brandy's deep (weirdly), voice I was typing it with...
    "prices slsshd.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They're all dummy boxes in the bin, no codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Have you checked them out?

Is the star catalogue finished in Europe? Someone said it was still going until the end of the month but I've had trouble logging into it.

Wright wrote: »
    Is the star catalogue finished in Europe? Someone said it was still going until the end of the month but I've had trouble logging into it.

No it's not finished yet. Only yesterday they readded Luigi's Mansion 2 diorama and a Zelda carry case.

Club Nintendo ends at the end of September. There's still a few items to go up like the commemorative Club Nintendo coin. Logging onto the site can be finicky at the best of times. Just refesh the page or give it 20 minutes. It sometimes struggles with heavy traffic.

Oh my god that diorama.

I really hope they replace the Star Catalogue with something better that offers stuff of recent quality, instead of just shutting it down.

Hopefully it'll mean a completely unified account system with a rewards catalogue and proper cloud services across all two (soon to be three) systems.

My son has that Zelda bag as a pencil case, it feels very cheap :(

nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter--green-wii-u.jpg

NINTENDO WII FIT U WITH FIT METER - GREEN (WII U) is £9.99 at thegamecollection. Comes to about €16.50 with delivery.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/catalog/product/view/id/12658/s/nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter-green-wii-u/

I'll have to rebuy a Wii Fit board. I sold mine years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sligeach wrote: »
    nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter--green-wii-u.jpg

NINTENDO WII FIT U WITH FIT METER - GREEN (WII U) is £9.99 at thegamecollection. Comes to about €16.50 with delivery.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/catalog/product/view/id/12658/s/nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter-green-wii-u/

I'll have to rebuy a Wii Fit board. I sold mine years ago.

Cex have wii fit boards for €4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement