Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Cex have wii fit boards for €4.

I know, thanks. It's mad how cheap they sell them for now. I remember selling my board and Wii Fit for €50. That was a few years ago admittedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Amazon have Codename Steam for around £11. There was also Wonderful 101 for £17 or £18 which would get you into SuperSaver territory.
    Oh, and the Complete Count Duckula has dropped below a tenner again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    Amazon have Codename Steam for around £11. There was also Wonderful 101 for £17 or £18 which would get you into SuperSaver territory.

Nice one, been waiting for that to drop in price. Already have Wonderful 101, so added a Darth Vader Lego alarm clock to get free shipping.

Starting Christmas buying early this year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Banjo wrote: »

OMFG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I just got an email from the polish site selling the 'fatal frame 5/project zero 5' game which a few of us on here bought at the price of €55. The email said they are changing the price because it's a box set (like Bayonetta or Lego city) but also the limited/only edition and it will be an extra 40,99pln (€9.50).

Anyone else get this email? Should I pay or cancel?

Here's what the email said

'Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that Project Zero Maiden in Black Water base price was raised from 199,9 PLN to 239,9 PLN. It's because few conditions. First of all, it's not regular edition - it's premium pack which contains steelbook, artbook, postcards and poster. Second - shippment is strictly limited, so we get much less copies then we thought. If you would like to pay this missing amount please contact me via email.

Best regards

Tomasz Skrzypkowski'

Edit: still can't find it anywhere else so I think I'm gonna have to pay the extra 10. Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

So I just got an email from the polish site selling the 'fatal frame 5/project zero 5' game which a few of us on here bought at the price of €55. The email said they are changing the price because it's a box set (like Bayonetta or Lego city) but also the limited/only edition and it will be an extra 40,99pln (€9.50).

Anyone else get this email? Should I pay or cancel?

Here's what the email said

'Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that Project Zero Maiden in Black Water base price was raised from 199,9 PLN to 239,9 PLN. It's because few conditions. First of all, it's not regular edition - it's premium pack which contains steelbook, artbook, postcards and poster. Second - shippment is strictly limited, so we get much less copies then we thought. If you would like to pay this missing amount please contact me via email.

Best regards

Tomasz Skrzypkowski'

Edit: still can't find it anywhere else so I think I'm gonna have to pay the extra 10. Ugh

I haven't checked my email, but if it's only an extra €9.50 for that edition, I'm going to go for it.
    I was hoping it would be the box set, and thought €55 delivered may be a bit cheap.

We could try and barter with them, But I remember Amazon had mispriced bayonetta box set and some people got it, others didn't.

€68 here anyway - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Project-Zero-Maiden-of-Black-Water-1030005.html

EDIT

Is there a trial version available to play? :eek:

Replied to the email, and told them that I would pay the extra amount. Will post when I get a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Allyall wrote: »
    I haven't checked my email, but if it's only an extra €9.50 for that edition, I'm going to go for it.
    I was hoping it would be the box set, and thought €55 delivered may be a bit cheap.

We could try and barter with them, But I remember Amazon had mispriced bayonetta box set and some people got it, others didn't.

€68 here anyway - https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Project-Zero-Maiden-of-Black-Water-1030005.html

EDIT

Is there a trial version available to play? :eek:

It's been out of stock for some time on the Nintendo website. They don't deliver to Ireland and using Parcel Motel is a lottery, don't think it would work. They're not doing a good job of making it easily available. It's ridiculous that the only place we can order it is on a Polish website. Seriously, WTF!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »

At today's exchange rate, that is just under €69.

They replied to my email
    Hello ***Allyall***,

Thank you for your quick reply. It's very simple, please transfer 40 PLN to this account:
    PL ** **** ***** ***** **** **** ****
    SWIFT: PKOP PL PW

And let us know when you do so. I'll make a note, so game will be send to you without any further problems.

Kind regards

Uh-Oh...

I remember having difficulty trying to do something similar with a German company before. Hopefully this is straight forward.

Star Lord wrote: »
    At today's exchange rate, that is just under €69.

It's actually a bit more. You forgot postage. :eek: There's an extra £3 to add. GAME are scum. God help anyone if you ever have a problem with them. I had to wait 45 days for a refund from them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Will the likes of Argos/Smyths etc be retailing Fatal Frame here in Ireland? And is the special edition the only version of it coming out?

I don't know about Argos/Smyths, but
    In Europe and Australia, the game will be exclusively available as a limited edition version at retail, as well as a digital trial version on the Nintendo eShop. While the retail version contains the complete game from the start, the digital trial version is being offered in a free-to-start like manner, in which players can experience the game's prologue and first two chapters for free, after which they are given the choice whether or not to pay for unlocking the remaining ones.[19][20] In North America, only the digital trial version will be available on the Nintendo eShop, omitting a retail release.[21]

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/25/fatal-frame-wii-u-is-an-eshop-exclusive

Must ask in Smyths on Friday, though they'll probably just go by what's on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

sligeach wrote: »
    It's actually a bit more. You forgot postage. :eek: There's an extra £3 to add. GAME are scum. God help anyone if you ever have a problem with them. I had to wait 45 days for a refund from them before.

I've had limited experience with Game but they went out of their way to help me with the Bayonetta 2 First Print LE. I had an expired card on account which meant the order didn't go through and someone actually rang me and took new card details over the phone and got the game dispatched.

blag wrote: »
    I've had limited experience with Game but they went out of their way to help me with the Bayonetta 2 First Print LE. I had an expired card on account which meant the order didn't go through and someone actually rang me and took new card details over the phone and got the game dispatched.

That sounds like they went out of their way to get their hands on your money. Once they have it, it's a different story. GAME have a notoriously bad reputation for a reason.

11c2e5b190005056b72487.jpg

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - PREORDER is £30.91 including delivery when you use the code PAYDAY15. Which is roughly €42. That's the best price I've seen it for. I'm tempted but I kind of wanted the amiibo bundle but am not willing to pay €70 for it.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/thegamecollection/product/14462/?l-id=gb_product_recent_product_2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I want to play it the day it comes out (not weeks later). How quick are Rakuten for delivery these days? Haven't bought anything since the play.com days.

:eek:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-14927/wii-u-console-32gb-black-premium-mario-maker-pack/

Probably the correct price, but it just seems crazy high because I'm so used to seeing it hovering around €250

Allyall wrote: »
    :eek:
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-14927/wii-u-console-32gb-black-premium-mario-maker-pack/

Probably the correct price, but it just seems crazy high because I'm so used to seeing it hovering around €250

I talked about that when it first went up. Outrageously priced. It's as if Nintendo think they're the market leader this generation. They should be considering a price cut, not raising the price. The console's dead so maybe it doesn't matter what they do.

Mr E wrote: »
    I want to play it the day it comes out (not weeks later). How quick are Rakuten for delivery these days? Haven't bought anything since the play.com days.

It's thegamecollection.net. Rakuten are an umbrella company I think that a lot of companies operate under. They're fairly quick with delivery. It usually takes a few days. Sometimes they ship on the release date, sometimes a few days before release. It depends how quickly they receive the stock from Nintendo. The gamecollection I'd highly recommend, never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

That sounds like they went out of their way to get their hands on your money. Once they have it, it's a different story. GAME have a notoriously bad reputation for a reason.

There's undoubtedly some truth in that but that particular game was sold out everywhere and would have been easy to sell to another customer. Anyway, I only bought from them because it was the only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - PREORDER is £30.91 including delivery when you use the code PAYDAY15. Which is roughly €42. That's the best price I've seen it for. I'm tempted but I kind of wanted the amiibo bundle but am not willing to pay €70 for it.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/thegamecollection/product/14462/?l-id=gb_product_recent_product_2

Im still hoping smyths will drop the amiibo bundle price before launch day, i think they did with the yoshi WW bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Im still hoping smyths will drop the amiibo bundle price before launch day, i think they did with the yoshi WW bundle.

Its on amazon spain for 61.30 delivered seems a little more reasonable and i dont mind waiting for it. Smyths will probably drop theirs to around 60 tho. so hmmm..

Or maybe on release day, argos could sell at a cheaper price and just don't collect the Smyths preorder

Splatoon is €29.30 from base.com including delivery.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/splatoon-wii-u/dgc-splatoonwiiu.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Argos reduced Skylanders Trap Team on WiiU or on 3DS for €25, loads of stock...

They've a 2TB seagate portable drive for €95ish too in a bunch of colours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement