Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    Argos reduced Skylanders Trap Team on WiiU or on 3DS for €25, loads of stock...

They've a 2TB seagate portable drive for €95ish too in a bunch of colours.

I'd hold off on the portable drive.
    2TB portable drives are rocketing down, averaging between €70 - €80 online in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

And a 2TB HDD is overkill just for the Wii U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    And a 2TB HDD is overkill just for the Wii U.

Sadly, there probably won't be 2TB of games to play on the system, by the time it is supplanted by the NX :(

Never thought I'd be agreeing with you man, but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah but 500GB for the WiiU, 1.5TB hidden partition for the vWii with Wii and GC games and any media I need once I get around to softmodding... or have they patched that out of existence?

I've an absolute tonne of stuff on my 500GB hard drive from VC, indie games, apps and DLC. I still have roughly 435GB left of free space. I buy all my games physically from retail shops where possible. If you were to buy those games digitally instead, that's the only way I could see someone using up some serious amount of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Yeah but 500GB for the WiiU, 1.5TB hidden partition for the vWii with Wii and GC games and any media I need once I get around to softmodding... or have they patched that out of existence?

Unfortunately, you can't partition the drive and have a Wii U section and another part for vWii or anything else. Once the drive is formatted for Wii U, that's it - Wii U takes up the whole drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

abbir wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you can't partition the drive and have a Wii U section and another part for vWii or anything else. Once the drive is formatted for Wii U, that's it - Wii U takes up the whole drive.

Even if you pre-partition the drive before the Wii U ever see's it? Ie if you partitioned 2TB into two 1TB sides, the Wii U still sees the whole drive & formats it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

abbir wrote: »

You sure about that?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    You sure about that?

There was a way, unsupported 3rd party hack stylee - a windows based tool for hiding a partition from the WiiU and a corresponding IOS for the vWii that could see it but I don't follow the scene like I used to so I'm not sure what order things need to be done, what limitations it has or if its still a 'thing'

By default though the WiiU eats drives whole

Anyway, theres a whole other forum for this chat :) and the drives are not the bargain I'd hoped so back in my box I go

There was a way, unsupported 3rd party hack stylee -

Is that that UStealth thing?
    I haven't tried it, but I was under the impression that was just for formatting the drive, with the other stuff being the hacks or mods, and that was your choice to install them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Unless there's some hack for the MBR of the HDD, the Wii U will look to completely wipe the attached hard disk before it'll use it.

I had posted a link to it, but I don't know if it's allowed...

Anyway, token BA - Fifa13 is €2.99 in Argos

The Wonderful 101 - £15.85 (~ €22) on Shopto

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Allyall wrote: »
    I had posted a link to it, but I don't know if it's allowed...

Anyway, token BA - Fifa13 is €2.99 in Argos

The Wonderful 101 - £15.85 (~ €22) on Shopto

Have to buy FIFA at that price, madness not to.
    Wonderful 101 looks like a bargain too.
    Thanks

Is Inifinty 3.0 still 19.99 on the eShop?
    If so, HUKD flagged an amazon deal on the base for WiiU for £12
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/disney-infinity-2-0-disney-toybox-pack-nintendo-wii-u-amazon-11-14-2-99-p-p-14-13-2274000
    Comes with Merida and Stitch and Toybox games, not actual worlds to mess about in - you'll have to build your own or look for the Avengers box or one of the Playset world + 2 figures sets.

Alternatively there's the 1.0 base with 3 figures and 3 worlds to play in for £13 quid - dunno if that base works with 2 and 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

any good deals on Devil's Third?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    any good deals on Devil's Third?

The cheapest i've seen it delivered, is on amazon, then simplygames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I see Amazon (US only) are now offering digital downloads of Nintendo games. Same prices as Nintendo (for now), but it's a promising development.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_441238822_2?_encoding=UTF8&node=12597678011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-1&pf_rd_r=1HC98VJGJQR7EKE57A5W&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2187558722&pf_rd_i=468642

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Lego Marvel cheap on Zavvi (€15.29)

http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/lego-marvel-superheroes/10787397.html

5% off with code: ZVC5

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Rayman Legends is €11.99 on the Wii U eshop until the 10th September

Was having a look around the net for the cheapest price for Super Mario Maker and instead found Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Limited Edition.
    project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition.jpeg?width=580

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

It's £43. I think that's a good price. Works out at about €58.50. I know they say they deliver to just the UK but you shouldn't worry about that. I've bought from them before and I've had correspondence with them saying just write Ireland in the address box. Postage was free and the games turned up. Given that Gamestop are a rip-off(€70), Smyths have no idea what they're doing, Nintendo won't deliver to Ireland(out of stock anyway) and GAME are scum(£53 with postage), this looks like a decent deal. It's at least €10 cheaper. I bought it myself.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm not if its the best bargain in the world but GameStop in the square in Tallaght have a few new copies of mass effect 3 for €4.99. Funnily enough, with used copies for €9.99 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    Was having a look around the net for the cheapest price for Super Mario Maker and instead found Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Limited Edition.
    project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition.jpeg?width=580

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

It's £43. I think that's a good price. Works out at about €58.50. I know they say they deliver to just the UK but you shouldn't worry about that. I've bought from them before and I've had correspondence with them saying just write Ireland in the address box. Postage was free and the games turned up. Given that Gamestop are a rip-off(€70), Smyths have no idea what they're doing, Nintendo won't deliver to Ireland(out of stock anyway) and GAME are scum(£53 with postage), this looks like a decent deal. It's at least €10 cheaper. I bought it myself.

What special about the ltd edition?

Doesn't seem to say.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What special about the ltd edition?

Doesn't seem to say.

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Limited Edition Trailer (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kjl0eoi8ZY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, cheers. That's my no. 1 want this year.

Any good deals for Mario Maker? Seems to be a high price everywhere

alekito wrote: »
    Any good deals for Mario Maker? Seems to be a high price everywhere

Best place is here:
    MaMaBo2.jpg

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames39qrbreg8v/Super-Mario-Maker-includes-Artbook-

Just under €44 with postage included. Haven't ordered it yet myself. Think I will though. Was hoping and holding out for a better price but I don't think it'll get much better if at all, especially this close to launch. It's €15 cheaper than Smyths and €16 cheaper than Gamestop. Remember, Splatoon's best deal online was €35 at launch but that was a new franchise, Yoshi's Woolly World was €40. And unlike the cute Yoshi amiibo bundle, I don't care for the Mario amiibo.

Super Mario Maker comes with a decent artbook and extra packaging. Plus, Nintendo is promoting it better than a lot of their games and know it'll do fairly well, so it's probably time to jump on that deal. You certainly won't do better from an Irish high street retailer, that's for sure.

Hey, thanks for the quick answer. That is a good price. It's amazing how expensive games are here. Gamestop want €80 for the Mario Marker and Amiibo version. I guess I can live without the amiibo. Gamestop are such a rip off for new games. I pointed out to them that the amiibo version was even €10 more then Smyths and they literally said 'it's better to go there and buy it'.

I'm happy enough with €44. I'm sure there is enough hours fun in it. The art book doesn't have much worth to me. I would just play the game. It's getting great reviews and uses the gamepad well. I reckon I will get months of fun out of it!

I noticed that you can post 2 for the same price. If anyone else lives in Dublin and wants to buy 1 and split postage let me know. Although it's not much of a saving €42.50 instead of €43.89. So maybe not really worth the hassle !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

alekito wrote: »
    I noticed that you can post 2 for the same price. If anyone else lives in Dublin and wants to buy 1 and split postage let me know. Although it's not much of a saving €42.50 instead of €43.89. So maybe not really worth the hassle !

I might be interested, saves me having to order it myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement