Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

1300236240965988935.jpg

The artbook is hefty enough and it seems of high quality. It's more than a handful of pages. This, the extra weight and the packaging will add to the cost whether we want it or not. This deal is at least €15 cheaper than Smyths or Gamestop. Fingers crossed that it ships early and arrives by Friday. I went ahead and bought it. Unless some website has a discount code in the meantime, we're unlikely to do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How much will it be in the eshop? I have no interest in amiibos or a book that I will flick through once and then put somewhere for it to gather dust. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    How much will it be in the eshop? I have no interest in amiibos or a book that I will flick through once and then put somewhere for it to gather dust. :o

It's €40 on the eShop. I always buy retail if it's an option so I'm not sure but I thought I heard at least for America that digital buyers were to receive the artbook in the post. I'd imagine it's a limited time offer. I'll find the story. Regardless, €4 extra for a physical copy, smart packaging and a nice artbook; I fail to see the attraction of going digital.

I'll check it out about the artbook and report back.

Edit: The artbook will be available as a PDF for digital buyers. No thanks.

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-artbook-will-be-available-as-a-pdf-to-those-who-buy-the-game-digitally/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

I've preordered the Amiibo bundle just for the Amiibo and book so if anyone wants just the game, I'd be happy to post it for €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I ordered it from Gameseek! Best price, thanks to Sligeach for the tip. Just under €44. Includes the art book. Will probably hold it's value if I sell it in the future.

• Advertisement

alekito wrote: »
    I ordered it from Gameseek! Best price, thanks to Sligeach for the tip. Just under €44. Includes the art book. Will probably hold it's value if I sell it in the future.

Just as well you did order it then because it went up to £31.84 early this morning. £32 seems to be par for the course on a good few sites. But yes £30 combined with their cheaper postage to Ireland than many other sites made it a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So Chibi Robo with Amiibo, anyone seen a good price around? Shopto gameseek coolshop Dec, all seem to be in the £39 to £49 price Mark which is a bit too high for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So Chibi Robo with Amiibo, anyone seen a good price around? Shopto gameseek coolshop Dec, all seem to be in the £39 to £49 price Mark which is a bit too high for me.

Amazon.de one works out as 56.57 shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is there any way to get a game for the Wii U to play on the Wii?
    My son LOVES Mario Kart and would love Mario Kart 8 but it's means having to buy the Wii U...
    I think the answer is no but want to confirm.
    Thanks.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Amazon.de one works out as 56.57 shipped.

That's ok isn't it? Like the game on its own will be about €40 or €45 here.

Cheers for that.

• Advertisement

do gameseek that payment on pre-ordering or when dispatching?

That's ok isn't it? Like the game on its own will be about €40 or €45 here.

Cheers for that.

I dunno Gameseek works out as 50.44 euro posted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

dinneenp wrote: »
    My son LOVES Mario Kart and would love Mario Kart 8 but it's means having to buy the Wii U...
    Thanks.

No chance at all I'm afraid.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    do gameseek that payment on pre-ordering or when dispatching?

They charge when you order. In a way, I prefer that. Xenoblade CX paid for already.

actually guys, where's the best price for xenoblade collectors edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Thanks.

The answer is no. Like how a NES can't play SNES games.

I don't see mario maker being worth more than 25 euro for me. Just doesn't seem as valuable as a real mario.

Thanks.

No as was previously mentioned. It'd be a bit like trying to play a CD on a gramophone. Have a look on Adverts, Donedeal and other sites. You can pick up good deals from time to time. You can frequently get it for around €200 with a few games. MK8 is really good. If you want advice on what's a good deal or what good games to buy, just ask.

They charge when you order. In a way, I prefer that. Xenoblade CX paid for already.

You jumped rather early, did you not? I'd imagine that's a placeholder and there'll have to be better deals before it launches. It's still 4 months away. I'll be on the lookout for the Collectors Edition. Fairly annoyed that the Yanks are getting the USB stick and we're not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No Mario Kart 8 but Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash are both playable on the Wii and outstanding.
    Double Dash is on the GameCube but plays on the Wii and is still a classic game with a massive following of fans.
    Keep an eye on Adverts and EBay, you could also find it in stores like Rage up on Fade street, near South Great Georges Street.
    I can't see anyone being disappointed with that one, though you will need GameCube controllers to play it.
    FZero GX is also available for the Wii via the GameCube and is still incredible, the zero G portions of Mario Kart 8 are inspired by FZero GX and while they are great they are no where near as good as that title.

sligeach wrote: »
    Was having a look around the net for the cheapest price for Super Mario Maker and instead found Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - Limited Edition.
    project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition.jpeg?width=580

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

It's £43. I think that's a good price. Works out at about €58.50. I know they say they deliver to just the UK but you shouldn't worry about that. I've bought from them before and I've had correspondence with them saying just write Ireland in the address box. Postage was free and the games turned up. Given that Gamestop are a rip-off(€70), Smyths have no idea what they're doing, Nintendo won't deliver to Ireland(out of stock anyway) and GAME are scum(£53 with postage), this looks like a decent deal. It's at least €10 cheaper. I bought it myself.

I sent Coolshop an e-mail over the weekend because I wanted to be absolutely sure they'd deliver to the Republic Of Ireland and because I told ye about it. This was their response this morning:

Hi Xxxx

Thank you for your email.

Officially our standing can be seen here: https://www.coolshop.co.uk/care/freight-delivery/shipping-outside-uk/

Northern Ireland is not an issue, but delivery to Ireland can be an issue. Please consider that the courier might not be able to deliver the parcel. We have not officially delivered to Ireland for a year or two now. Between the lines you can input your address information as you wish, just make sure all the information is correct, but officially we only ship to Northern Ireland.

If the courier is unable to deliver the shipment, the shipment will return to us and the order can be refunded.

Yours sincerely,

Niilo

Coolshop Support Team

I've already paid for it and I'm not changing my order. The last game I bought from them was less than 4 months ago, there were no problems and it turned up quickly. The previous e-mails I got from them said it wasn't a problem at all. I think it'll be fine(though not "officially"), just wanted to give ye a heads up. At worst I'll get a refund.

• Advertisement

I sent Coolshop an e-mail over the weekend because I wanted to be absolutely sure they'd deliver to the Republic Of Ireland and because I told ye about it. This was their response this morning:

I've already paid for it and I'm not changing my order. The last game I bought from them was less than 4 months ago, there were no problems and it turned up quickly. The previous e-mails I got from them said it wasn't a problem at all. I think it'll be fine(though not "officially"), just wanted to give ye a heads up. At worst I'll get a refund.

I was on chat with them this morning and they told officially they don't deliver anymore but that they can't stop me putting an Irish address in it and they post to whatever address is on the order form.

Sounds like they were telling me to do it but that there's still a risk involved. But they also said that Irish customers do use them and have no problems.

I've had no problem getting games off coolshop twice before.

I might have used parcel motel though, not sure. I'm nearly sure I got them to my home though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not entirely sure that this is a bargain, but I'll stick it here just in case,
    Disney Infinity is running at €69.99 for the Star Wars specific pack in Argos.
    If you go to the Gamestop page you can buy the solas edition of the game, without the portal thingy, and the Inside Out playset for €59.99, perfect if you have an earlier copy of the game with the portal device and aren't into Star Wars, or love Inside Out.

It really can be a lottery when ordering from these online companies as to when games will be despatched. No word from Gameseek, I'm hoping tomorrow if it's to have any chance of arriving by the weekend. Thegamecollection and Simply Games shipped Super Mario Maker today.

Art Academy Atelier (Nintendo Wii U) is £14.99 at graingergames.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/nintendo-wii-u/wu155-art-academy-atelier

The thing is that postage is £6 for 2 items for European delivery. So you'll need to buy another game to get the full value. They're selling Super Mario Maker as an example for £29.99. So you could get those 2 games for €70 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

It's actually a bit more. You forgot postage. :eek: There's an extra £3 to add. GAME are scum. God help anyone if you ever have a problem with them. I had to wait 45 days for a refund from them before.

The Mario Maker fiasco suggests you were right :p
    Doesn't affect me but looks like a real mess Hopefully I'll have my copy from The Game Collection today or tomorrow.

blag wrote: »
    The Mario Maker fiasco suggests you were right :p
    Doesn't affect me but looks like a real mess Hopefully I'll have my copy from The Game Collection today or tomorrow.

GAMe sure have had a hard time of Nintendo games of late.

Stolen Splatoon shipment, and silly billing. Something's not right with them.

are the only places to buy Nintendo games digitally game.co.uk, cdkeys.com, and the eShop on the console ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

baldshin wrote: »
    I've preordered the Amiibo bundle just for the Amiibo and book so if anyone wants just the game, I'd be happy to post it for €40?

Did you sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Did you sell it?

Nope haven't sold it. Interested? I'll be sticking it on adverts tomorrow once I pick it up!

There's a valid code working on Rakuten UK at the minute: TOYS15.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/

Use that site as a feeder to find games in other sites. When you go to the checkout use the above code for a 15% discount. Splatoon as an example is ~ €26 from Base.com with the discount applied. There's nothing I want or need, could have done with it last week when paying for Super Mario Maker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Going to be on the lookout for a decent wii u deal. Kids finally want Santa to get them one for Christmas. They aren't worried it's a console supposedly on its knees, there are plenty of games there they'd love (if I can ever afford them). And they still regularly play wii games so win win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement