Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Disney Infinity for WiiU €49.99 on Gamestop
    http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?listSkus=238630%2C+238631%2C+238703%2C+238702%2C+238625%2C+239012%2C+240921%2C+238707%2C+239426%2C+238697%2C+238618%2C+238620%2C+240925%2C+238627%2C+237968%2C+238055%2C+908414%2C+912912%2C+235309%2C+234755%2C+235075%2C+231669%2C+231668%2C+238025%2C+237343%2C+911669%2C+237835%2C+237837
    Lots of the figures in there too. Looks like that's the WiiU's lot though.

Also, if you don't have SFiv on 3DS, you can get it and Art Academy for €9 + delivery in a twofer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CDGOXHU/ref=gb1h_tit_c-1_8827_76adafd9?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0RHNGW7RC2JHJ7ANBQRN&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827
    Splinter Cell Blacklist for £14.99

Edit : Not selling very fast, still 65% of them left, but on the plus side it's selling better than the XBox, PS3 and PC versions combined*
    (ok, that's purely on percentages, I have no proof of shifted volumes, but damn it, let's take the small victories where we can, eh?)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

CastorTroy wrote: »
    i'm thinking I'll pass on Deus ex since have it on PS+, but if Splinter Cell is £10 or less I may get it.

Too bad you can't pay and build items up over the day since I'm looking at Puppeteer on PS3 as well. So if could put them together it would cover the free delivery.
    MoogPoo wrote: »
    Yeah I want the free shipping. Any recommendations for a good cheap game with Deus Ex? Was thinking Arkham City...

Bit late now, I know, but:

If the original, pre-discount price of the game would have qualified for free delivery, then you will receive free delivery even on the discounted price.

(Just nabbed "Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure" for £9.99 – Super Saver delivery included!)

Resident Evil: Revelations (on 3DS) is due to be discounted at 5.15 today, and right now there's still plenty of Rhythm Thief available.

Rayman Legends back to £19.99 on amazon if you missed the lightning deals.

Speaking of which, Doa dimensions (12. 15) and Starfox (4. 15) slated for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

£199 (around €240) includes WII U Party, nintendoland and Just Dance.

Not a bad deal.

Has 8GB flash memory instead of 32GB - this will matter most if you want to download your games.

• Advertisement

www.amazon.co.uk - do your own search ya drongoes!
    Rayman Legends has dipped to £17.99

Edit : Another drop on Deus Ex! That's 2 today... reckon there will be a 3rd to £14.99 by tea time?
    Deus Ex now on £16.99

Sonic Racing on £16.99

None of these are Lightning-Deal beating, but if you don't fancy waiting till january or next Thanksgiving you might want to pick one up now...
    Alas, to karmically balance this out, Arkham Origins has popped back up into the low twenties...

While I'm here, there are some good deals in Comics - Vol 2 of Akira in the Del Rey pressing (each vol is like 2 vols of the older epic pressing) is down to £13, vol 2 of Grant Morrison's run on Xmen is down to £17 and you just missed vol 1 and 2 (each one is about 8 tpbs collected) of the big Walking Dead collections on £23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

3d world and zelda €41.
    Pikmin and donkey Kong preorder €35 at ie.wowhd.com

Injustice : Gods Among Us for €16.25 on Zavvi
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/injustice-gods-among-us/10620417.html

Also part of a 2 for £25 deal, but there're no other WiiU games in that deal, and the Wii, 3DS and DS games in the deal are either rubbish or not worth the money being asked for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

3d world and zelda €41.
    Pikmin and donkey Kong preorder €35 at ie.wowhd.com

aren't these eligible for customs charges?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »

Not at that cost, I believe they're below the threshold where VAT is applied.

brianorb wrote: »
    Not at that cost, I believe they're below the threshold where VAT is applied.

the threshold is €22.15 or so I believe. Don't know whether to chance it. I'm waiting for SMW3D to come back into stock at toysrus uk, 34.98 delivered with voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The VAT rate is €22 for purchases, €45 for gifts (AKA not bought by you!)

The VAT rate is €22 for purchases, €45 for gifts (AKA not bought by you!)

so basically they don't bother with video games? No way of sending as a gift from wowhd so I presume you have to prove it was bought for you as a gift if customs did get it? (ie delivered to me , paid for by my wife :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »

Ive used them a few times in and around that price no extra cost came to me.

It's essentially down to the leniency of the customs officers processing the stuff.
    They'll let a lot of low cost games/dvds etc through, but there's still the risk that they could hold them and demand VAT payment for them.

(Of course this only applies to items from outside the EU/EEC/Euro Zone/Whatever-they-call-the-EU-trade-agreement-thingy-these-days)

It's essentially down to the leniency of the customs officers processing the stuff.
    They'll let a lot of low cost games/dvds etc through, but there's still the risk that they could hold them and demand VAT payment for them.

(Of course this only applies to items from outside the EU/EEC/Euro Zone/Whatever-they-call-the-EU-trade-agreement-thingy-these-days)

From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

If you buy online or by mail order etc.
    From outside the EU

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

brianorb wrote: »
    From http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html

If you buy online or by mail order etc.
    From outside the EU

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

God that looks boring. Cant even bring myself to read it. :D

Basically, if it comes from outside the EU, and costs over €22, you pay VAT. If it's over €150 you pay VAT and customs duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from wow hd.
    They take the money immediately, let's see how delivery goes on the 29th or 27th(?) I know it's 22nd in America.

It arrived yesterday, picked it up this morning.
    So, wow(hd), 10 days after release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭MoogPoo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It arrived yesterday, picked it up this morning.
    So, wow(hd), 10 days after release.

Have you ordered for on them before? Ever been charged VAT?
    Might have to get some preorders with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

Have you ordered for on them before? Ever been charged VAT?
    Might have to get some preorders with them.

I was "charged" duty on one back when they were cdwow, but I responded to the email they sent me and they never actually sent me a bill or anything, so dunno.
    I've ordered a lot more than once from them.

I had to go back to my post to see if I wrote it right, my pre-order arrived 10 days after the game came out, they shipped it the day after it launched I think, it was a Saturday.

For comparison, I ordered two pre-orders on thehut Sunday night, and lost world, it came by dpd courier today.
    I got free next day delivery for spending so much I think at the checkout it had normal and registered delivery for £0 so I choose registered for the craic, very impressed.
    Been playing too many good games today.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thehappyworm

The Wii U Premium Pack with Nintendoland is £199.99 at Amazon until lunchtime today. (It's a "lightning deal", though, so there are limited quantities. 89% still available as I write.)

Remember to add your 2 free games from the bundle offer page! This means you can, for example, pick up the 32 GB premium Wii U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and Rayman Origins for £199.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

The Wii U Premium Pack with Nintendoland is £199.99 at Amazon until lunchtime today. (It's a "lightning deal", though, so there are limited quantities. 89% still available as I write.)

Remember to add your 2 free games from the bundle offer page! This means you can, for example, pick up the 32 GB premium Wii U, Nintendoland, Zombi U and Rayman Origins for £199.99.

I went for it. Rayman out of stock, so I added the Sonic racing game instead. I also had a voucher for 20 quid which I'd forgotten.

Chucked in Mario to make it €260 ish for the pack.

I was keeping an eye on this deal as the clock was ticking down. I went off to grab a coffee and my laptop decided to restart and download software for essential maintenance. With 2 minutes to go.:eek:

I put the sale through on my mobile. While I have no idea how much stock is available, it surely isn't a great sign that the availability levels for the deal is still hovering around 87%. My panic to get this sorted before heading out, not entirely warranted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Might have been tempted had I seen this in time.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Might have been tempted had I seen this in time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it being re-offered tomorrow. Amazon obviously still have stock.

For the last week or so I was waiting for an Amazon Wii U deal and I noticed last night that it would go live at 9.00 this morning. (I came really close to buying off Argos or second hand in the interim! Whatever about Argos, the second hand prices out there are crazy.)

A list of tomorrows deals will be on Amazon tonight. If I spot it, I'll bump the thread.

Basic Just Dance & Wii Party U Pack is the one on offer in the morning at 08:55 am.

Nintendo Wii U 8GB Just Dance, Wii Party U & Nintendoland Pack. It's currently listed at £234.99. On the last lightening sale it went for £199. I'd imagine that it'll be much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Damn pity, no interest in that.

Thanks for the info though.

• Advertisement

It's not worth it
    10 quid more than yesterday's deal, with a lower end model and lesser games (2 Minigame collections and what is probably only an afternoon's minor diversion for tweenagers).
    Only plus point is the free Motion+ WiiMote with Wii Party U

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement