Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Got one in swords, got one of them €8 inkling amiibos as well.

Can;t see them at all on the website, the squid that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Can;t see them at all on the website, the squid that is.

If you go instore on the computers, it comes up as 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS is €16 in argos.

Damn out of stock in Galway... Shovel Knight out of stock too. Everything is out of stock in Galway, beginning to wonder if they have any 3DS games at all:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Argos made changes to how their site checks stock.
    The unofficial but incredibly handy Argos stock checking page exploited it but had to change themselves as a result.
    Instead of reporting on all the Argos shops it only reports on a defined number, still useful but not as useful :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D in Argos here in Ashbourne and, after a quick clearance check on the system here, they have a single copy of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for the WiiU at the bargain price of €19.99!
    Tough game though!

• Advertisement

I hope they've got a copy left in swords for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Picked up country Returns for the cheap price, but I couldn't see Tropical Freeze on their system in store at all! I'm heartbroken! 

No sign of the Squid in store either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up my copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D in Argos here in Ashbourne and, after a quick clearance check on the system here, they have a single copy of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze for the WiiU at the bargain price of €19.99!
    Tough game though!

Yeeaaarrggghhh :D

That appeared on all othe Argos UK stores and Argos Ebay UK for £19.99 a few weeks ago, I looked for it everywhere here, no luck. I guess it would have been better to phone them..
    Just tried a few.. Nope.

Consider that copy in Argos Ashbourne bought and on hold for a user hereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just bought the only copy of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in argos a cross from work during my lunch.

I wonder will i play it ?. Or will it go to my growing pile of wii u games hat i never will play ha ha i think there is like 14 games there now ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Just bought the only copy of Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in argos a cross from work during my lunch.

I wonder will i play it ?. Or will it go to my growing pile of wii u games hat i never will play ha ha i think there is like 14 games there now ?.

Where was that? I can't imagine many copies being left especially in and around Dublin.

The telephone in Argos Omni Centre is broken. They can hear the caller, but it sounds like they're talking through a kazoo.
    I tried to ask a couple of times, but couldn't understand what she was saying.

I laughed a little (very little - like a hiccup almost) - and said "I'm sorry, but I can't understand, the phone line is damaged."

She hung up.

Worth it.. :D:D

Allyall wrote: »
    The telephone in Argos Omni Centre is broken. They can hear the caller, but it sounds like they're talking through a kazoo.
    I tried to ask a couple of times, but couldn't understand what she was saying.

I laughed a little (very little - like a hiccup almost) - and said "I'm sorry, but I can't understand, the phone line is damaged."

She hung up.

Worth it.. :D:D

Omni is out of stock.

Omni is out of stock.

Thanks, so is Swords, Dundrum, Blanchardstown, Ilac and Jervis... :( Some don't answer their phone.

Thanks, so is Swords, Dundrum, Blanchardstown, Ilac and Jervis... :( Some don't answer their phone.

Think I got the last copy in ilac :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Consider that copy in Argos Ashbourne bought and on hold for a user hereabouts.

If for any reason that falls through, keep me in mind :)

None in Liffey Valley either.
    wild-goose-chase-dog.jpg

I have a reservation in swords for tomorrow if they get it in, il post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What's the catalogue number for tropical freeze lads

What's the catalogue number for tropical freeze lads

There is none. You have to search the computer in the store of each branch under its name. It's listed under the clearance/reduction section. They're the last few copies of items and have been delisted from the online site.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    There is none. You have to search the computer in the store of each branch under its name. It's listed under the clearance/reduction section. They're the last few copies of items and have been delisted from the online site.

I couldn't find it under clearance, I had to put the catalogue number into the in store system, and reserve it like that.

I tried the catalogue number a few weeks ago after it was posted here - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-wii-u-21-99-also-ebay-store-instore-argos-2370438

and I couldn't find it anywhere - Now since this was posted - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/donkey-kong-tropical-freeze-14-99-instore-argos-2384159

I guess there's even less chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Well if anyone manages to nab an extra DK Tropical Freeze for the Wii U, and/or the 3DS...I'd love copies of either (and would obviously reimburse!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bargain of the year so far. Xenoblade for Wii U is €41.99 in Argos

Go go go.

http://checkargos.com/product/5018602

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Final Fantasy Explorers is finally up on argos.ie for €34.99. Very little stock though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Bargain of the year so far. Xenoblade for Wii U is €41.99 in Argos

Go go go.

http://checkargos.com/product/5018602

Mother F-er!! (Not you RobbingBandit)

Bought it for 50 last week thinking, "sure Nintendo games never go down". :(

I have a reservation code for Argos in swords for donkey kong tropical freeze. Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

I have a reservation code for Argos in swords for donkey kong tropical freeze. Any takers?

Yes, I would love it :) thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Only a few Xenoblade left in Argos now since this morning. The word is out there - people are snapping them up at that price!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement