Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Got the last tropical freeze in letterkenny. Cheers to whoever posted about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I have a reservation code for Argos in swords for donkey kong tropical freeze. Any takers?

Is that for tropical freeze or the 3DS game? I've been in there a bit lately and the wii u game would never come up on system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's not showing online if you search for the name or look in the Wii U or Clearance section (unless the store has it in stock) but you can search for it with :
    138/0547
    ...instore and it can check other stores for stock. Not working online.
    You can reserve it in those stores too and jot the number down for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Yoshi Woolly World & Amiibo is €32.99 in Argos Dun Laoghaire Clearance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Argos customer service persons will also search the entire stock system - I was just told there are still Tropical Freezes in Cavan tullamore Portlaoise athlone and maybe a few others (she rattled them off fairly quick). None inside the pale though!

• Advertisement

I have a code DK:TF for Tallaght but realistically I don't think I'm going to get there by tomorrow evening. Drop me a PM if interested, I'll see how I'm fixed in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

alekito wrote: »
    Yoshi Woolly World & Amiibo is €32.99 in Argos Dun Laoghaire Clearance!

I am just back in the office and i am angry i didnt see that earlyer ha ha as i need to keep stocking up on wii u games that i will never play :P.

There when they where doing the permo for the free game when you bought Mario Kart i went and got 4 copys of Mario kart took the codes from them and traded 3 in. I still have to play the wonderfull 101, Sonic Lost worlds, Zelda ans i dont know the 4th one i took ?. ha ha. Maybe Pickman 3?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Argos customer service persons will also search the entire stock system - I was just told there are still Tropical Freezes in Cavan tullamore Portlaoise athlone and maybe a few others (she rattled them off fairly quick). None inside the pale though!

What number And does anyone have the stick code for that Yoshi amiibo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bargain of the year so far. Xenoblade for Wii U is €41.99 in Argos

Go go go.

http://checkargos.com/product/5018602

This is the stand alone game right? I don't see this as a bargain when the Collectors Edition was delivered for €58.

Edit: Also, I can see the solus game go much lower. It sold poorly, was only in the UK charts a week I think, must check. Look at Bayonetta 2 and its bundle and solus version, both went for really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What number And does anyone have the stick code for that Yoshi amiibo

Sorry, should have clarified, ask at the customer services desk instore and they will use their special stock pc to display all the other stores in the country.

• Advertisement

Hi, Sligeach. Where did you get the Collectors edition for €58?

You always find the best deals.

I have it reserved for €41.99. I agree, it's a good price but not giveaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

alekito wrote: »
    Hi, Sligeach. Where did you get the Collectors edition for €58?

You always find the best deals.

I have it reserved for €41.99. I agree, it's a good price but not giveaway.

Fairly sure it was thegamecollection. I had it ordered months in advance. The bundle I don't think will go cheap now, it's impossible to find.

Edit: Thegamecollection now charge £65 for the Collectors Edition. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Did they say they were out in Santry and swords? Or not check?

Yep, the price went up. But I'm interested in playing it. Seems you have to give it a good 20-30 hours. I wonder if I have that much patience!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote:
    I have a code DK:TF for Tallaght but realistically I don't think I'm going to get there by tomorrow evening. Drop me a PM if interested, I'll see how I'm fixed in the morning.

Or call them and they will extend by 5 days!

talk....? to people....?
    no no no no no no this won't do no no not at all no.

But thanks for the tip.

Got yoshi reserved in swords for tomorrow. Be nice to get xenoblade as well, but I don't think my poor wallet can take it.

Got yoshi reserved in swords for tomorrow. Be nice to get xenoblade as well, but I don't think my poor wallet can take it.

anigif_enhanced-14041-1413259986-1.gif

anigif_enhanced-14041-1413259986-1.gif

I might sell some of the useless PS4 games I got and then maybe I can indulge in it...

Is that the mega yoshi or the game plus amiibo? I, finally, got through on the phone and they said they only had the full price woolly world game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I picked up Yoshis Wooly World with the amiibo there on Amazon for 31 pounds.

Now I Have an extra green yarn Yoshi that needs selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Banjo wrote: »
    talk....? to people....?
    no no no no no no this won't do no no not at all no.

But thanks for the tip.

PM sent

Is that the mega yoshi or the game plus amiibo? I, finally, got through on the phone and they said they only had the full price woolly world game :(

Game plus amiibo. I went in store, put in the catalogue number, reserved it for tomorrow.

Game plus amiibo. I went in store, put in the catalogue number, reserved it for tomorrow.

Good man!

Good man!

Gotta get the Wii U stuff before it goes/skyrockets in price.

I recall when I passed up sealed metroid prime trilogy in xtravision few years ago, for €5. Regretted that.

I recall when I passed up sealed metroid prime trilogy in xtravision few years ago, for €5. Regretted that.

Yeah. I'm pissed I missed the Luigi Bros WiiU physical release in Argos when it was going cheap.

Ah right. If you change your mind... (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

SmartSpot in The Square, Tallaght have gone retro, selling Gameboy Advance, SNES and N64 games, consoles and controllers.

Cheaper than the R.A.G.E.

You WILL check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

I'm always curious to know what people's opinion is on which will be the rarest Wii-U games. Maybe Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Games_top wrote: »

You WILL check them out.

These ARE the games your looking for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement