Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Games_top wrote: »
    I'm always curious to know what people's opinion is on which will be the rarest Wii-U games. Maybe Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon?

Project Zero I recon. Maybe Rodea The Sky Soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Anyone still looking for Donkey Kong Country on 3DS? I have one reserved in Argos Jervis Street if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Quick question before I spent 42 notes on xenoblade, do I need prior knowledge of the first game to enjoy it, or is it alright on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm always curious to know what people's opinion is on which will be the rarest Wii-U games. Maybe Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon?

Teslagrad was an eShop game that got a fairly limited physical run edition. And One Piece - Unlimited World Red, now that's a game I hear is very rare because it had a small run and got recalled so there's very few out there supposedly.

And Rodea and Project Zero possibly. There's one other but I don't want to mention its name until I get it. It's not very good, actually it's fairly mediocre but it sells on Ebay for a decent price.

Quick question before I spent 42 notes on xenoblade, do I need prior knowledge of the first game to enjoy it, or is it alright on its own.

No, though being familiar with its combat system would help settle into the game a little quicker.

• Advertisement

When it comes to the rarest games it could end up being some little stinkers like Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue, Hello Kitty Kruisers or Funky Barn. Games that nobody bought.

Here's one for ye and I never heard of it until today when I trawled Ebay. Cocoto: Magic Circus 2? WTF? I think we have a winner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A Pal copy of Scribblenauts Unmasked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a mad and massive game, though you sit through a shed load of unskippable stuff early on.
    I'm actually playing the first one on the 3DS to better help me with the stuff in the followup, if only because things seem a little better explained in Xenoblade Chronicles.
    I have it on the Wii as well, though that remains sealed, in it's Limited Edition box.
    The first title feels a little like the tutorial for the new one, that said there's plenty of resources online if you take the plunge but find you need some help.
    Which is also true of the Soul's games and Bloodborne, so Xenoblade Chronicles X is in good company!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A Pal copy of Scribblenauts Unmasked!

Oh ya, I forgot about that. Didn't that only get an Australian PAL release?

sligeach wrote: »
    There's one other but I don't want to mention its name until I get it. It's not very good, actually it's fairly mediocre but it sells on Ebay for a decent price.

Don't worry sligeach I've got you covered. ;)

He's talking about Devil's Third. Everyone go out and buy every copy you see right now!

• Advertisement

I'm sure that was £15 somewhere before christmas./

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

SmartSpot in The Square, Tallaght have gone retro, selling Gameboy Advance, SNES and N64 games, consoles and controllers.

Cheaper than the R.A.G.E.

You WILL check them out.

Where the hell is that? Retro shop in the square? Outstanding, had to go there later anyway.

Edit: and it was f*ckin payday week. Yes yes

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Where the hell is that? Retro shop in the square? Outstanding, had to go there later anyway.

Edit: and it was f*ckin payday week. Yes yes

Ground floor, it's that awful black and green phone place next to DV8.

Oh ya, I forgot about that. Didn't that only get an Australian PAL release?

Scribblenauts Unmasked is horribly overrated, and the box feels weird too (like its made from cheaper plastic). Check out what Cex offer on it :)

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Don't worry sligeach I've got you covered. ;)

He's talking about Devil's Third. Everyone go out and buy every copy you see right now!

Nah, Devil's Third isn't rare. It's been £13 and £15. That's a game I've yet to buy. When it hits £10 I'll bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Scribblenauts Unmasked is horribly overrated, and the box feels weird too (like its made from cheaper plastic). Check out what Cex offer on it :)

Yeah and if you want to buy a pal one on eBay it'll cost you 70 pounds sterling. So the true worth is probably somewhere between the two. If you want to sell yours for 4 euro let me know :rolleyes:

Cex values are weird though. They give €8 cash for goddamn chromo trigger DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I actually bought Project Zero purely because how rare it was. The L.E. was just in gamestop for 69.99. Sells for about 150 on amazon.

Nah, Devil's Third isn't rare. It's been £13 and £15. That's a game I've yet to buy. When it hits £10 I'll bite.

Hmm, you have me intrigued on what the other rare title is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Darksiders 2: Special Edition that was only released in Russia is one of the rarest certainly.

The Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars release with the download code will almost certainly become rare too. Sniper Elite V2 was another one that was given a limited release and is expected to go up in price in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Darksiders 2: Special Edition that was only released in Russia is one of the rarest certainly.

The Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars release with the download code will almost certainly become rare too. Sniper Elite V2 was another one that was given a limited release and is expected to go up in price in the future.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I actually bought Project Zero purely because how rare it was. The L.E. was just in gamestop for 69.99. Sells for about 150 on amazon.

It goes for far less than €150 on Ebay. Some chancer had it on Adverts for €150 for a week with no interest whatsoever before taking it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

It goes for far less than €150 on Ebay. Some chancer had it on Adverts for €150 for a week with no interest whatsoever before taking it down.

Seems to be 120-130 at cheapest? Still haven't opened mine yet, only got it the other week. If anyone is looking for it, gamestop Waterford still have a copy.

Finally picking up xenoblade today. Argos are legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

https://www.youtube.com/user/finngamer

He collects Wii U games EVERY game some nice videos relating to wii u games on the channel

McLoughlin wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/user/finngamer

He collects Wii U games EVERY game some nice videos relating to wii u games on the channel

If any of us ever get that bad, then we truly deserve to live alone. When a grown man shows videos about his Sing Party and Jett Tailfin, I think it's safe to say that he "ain't all there".

When someone makes a video showing the biggest Wii U or PS4 collection ever, he may as well advertise a giant L on his forehead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

When it comes to the rarest games it could end up being some little stinkers like Barbie and her Sisters Puppy Rescue, Hello Kitty Kruisers or Funky Barn. Games that nobody bought.

Here's one for ye and I never heard of it until today when I trawled Ebay. Cocoto: Magic Circus 2? WTF? I think we have a winner.
    I have that :D

With two guns.. :P I bought it from a link on this thread, and Big Game hunter.

If any of us ever get that bad, then we truly deserve to live alone. When a grown man shows videos about his Sing Party and Jett Tailfin, I think it's safe to say that he "ain't all there".

When someone makes a video showing the biggest Wii U or PS4 collection ever, he may as well advertise a giant L on his forehead.

Ah now, don't be cruel.
    The guy has an amazing collection of stuff and, as someone who has a decent collection of games and consoles I don't see anything at all to be critical of.
    Plus, there's obviously and audience out there, I'd rather people had more gaming videos on YouTube than another one on cats running into glass doors.

I wish I could afford all those games :)

Also, If wearing an L on forehead was a requirement when you have built up that collection and shared it (possibly earning quite a bit on youtube too), the I'd wear it without question.
    I don't see why it would be different to collecting anything else.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement