Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

When I'm rich one day :(

****s sake, I bought the yoshi thing from argos, took it home, the amiibo was in the box, but no game. Gonna have to wring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

****s sake, I bought the yoshi thing from argos, took it home, the amiibo was in the box, but no game. Gonna have to wring.

Gonna have to wring.........their necks. ;)

That's unusual. Man I'd be p1$$ed off.

I'm gonna wring... this towel. To wipe the furious sweat off my brow :pac:

I am annoyed. I called the store several times, didn't get through, called head office, who tried to get me through to the store but they either immediately disconnected or didn't pick up. How annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Sorry to but this here but felt it had to do with a product that was being spoke about. Just for anyone looking to get xenoblade in argos,reserved one and went in yesterday to get one in my local Argos and they said they could not sell it to me, had to go back today for something and saw that they had some to reserve so again I said I would chance it, again could not sell it to me but the girl behind the counter saw that something was wrong dont ask me what but she went and asked someone, they made the product active and she could gave me a copy, just in case someone had the same experience thats what happened to me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I'm gonna wring... this towel. To wipe the furious sweat off my brow :pac:

I am annoyed. I called the store several times, didn't get through, called head office, who tried to get me through to the store but they either immediately disconnected or didn't pick up. How annoying.

It's Sunday, they're probably working with half the staff, Argos are usually decent to deal with (I find, anyway).

Skylanders Superchargers: Starter Pack With Donkey Kong Amiibo is £21 on Amazon UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I snagged one of those €20 Donkey Kong's in Argos, but really want that Yoshi budle too if possible - does anyone have the catalogue number for it, or an idea of how to find out if any stores have stock left, without driving around Dublin?

ionapaul wrote: »
    I snagged one of those €20 Donkey Kong's in Argos, but really want that Yoshi budle too if possible - does anyone have the catalogue number for it, or an idea of how to find out if any stores have stock left, without driving around Dublin?

You need to go instore or ring up to get a stock balance.

428/6961 is the catalogue number, but its impossible to see since its gone from the site.

Splatoon on Rakuten for £19.79 (£1.99 shipping) with code JAN20162

20th anniversary Red, Yellow or Blue 2DS Pokemon Console Bundle £80.90 (requires Parcel Motel/Wizard) with code JAN20162

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Sorry to but this here but felt it had to do with a product that was being spoke about. Just for anyone looking to get xenoblade in argos,reserved one and went in yesterday to get one in my local Argos and they said they could not sell it to me, had to go back today for something and saw that they had some to reserve so again I said I would chance it, again could not sell it to me but the girl behind the counter saw that something was wrong dont ask me what but she went and asked someone, they made the product active and she could gave me a copy, just in case someone had the same experience thats what happened to me,

Same thing in my store, girl in there had to ask her manager before she could sell it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds like they got word that the price drop was an error.
    Then the staff are instructed to not sell the stock until it's fixed.
    But, as you reserved it, you might get a sympathetic ear from the staff, or you might not.
    Glad it worked out for you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

***Warning! Patronizing question incoming!***
    Did you buy the Game + small cuddly Amiibo bundle or the Giant Cuddly Amiibo with no game?
    'Cause the boxes are roughly the same size and look very similar, and when you do a search for Yoshi on a system where the store doesn't have the Game + Amiibo bundle in stock it finds the Smash amiibo, giant cuddly amiibo and his last 3DS game. .

Banjo wrote: »
    ***Warning! Patronizing question incoming!***
    Did you buy the Game + small cuddly Amiibo bundle or the Giant Cuddly Amiibo with no game?
    'Cause the boxes are roughly the same size and look very similar, and when you do a search for Yoshi on a system where the store doesn't have the Game + Amiibo bundle in stock it finds the Smash amiibo, giant cuddly amiibo and his last 3DS game. .

Sigh. Oh Banjo. I know which one I bought (I'm not really annoyed with you obviously) I bought this one.

12662722_496948157154920_882257997273189296_n.jpg?oh=b99368056b911e3fe1fdf9dc9a7298ef&oe=577151B7

12508727_496948167154919_3749986759667004030_n.jpg?oh=f4b42e1b39ca2b20c51de8ca04dbab9f&oe=574249E2

Ouch! They still have Woolly World in stock in most places (sans amiibo) - you could always ask them to throw a 404/2332 into that empty space...
    (I know it was patronizing, but thought it was worth asking to mitigate that worst case scenario where you hop in the car, pay for parking and find out that there wasn't meant to be a game in there in the first place)

They wouldn't throw in a replacement of the base game, but I got a hassle free refund. They said the nearest store with it in stock was ashbourne if anyones still looking.

I feel really bad now. Not only was I treating you like an idiot but the last copy of the yoshi bundle in Tallaght did have the game in it :( (but also :D )

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is available on back order at £9.85 plus £3 for delivery. That's €17 total.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUMO01-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

sligeach wrote: »
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is available on back order at £9.85 plus £3 for delivery. That's €17 total.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUMO01-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

As someone who just got his wii u at christmas, is this still worth buying? i've never been able to get into monster hunter but i've always wanted to try get into it

EJ22 wrote: »
    As someone who just got his wii u at christmas, is this still worth buying? i've never been able to get into monster hunter but i've always wanted to try get into it

Absolutely. It's easily one of the best games on Wii U. I've put hundreds of hours into it and that was after playing over 1,000 hours on the Wii version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

sligeach wrote: »
    Absolutely. It's easily one of the best games on Wii U. I've put hundreds of hours into it and that was after playing over 1,000 hours on the Wii version.

Awesome thank you

• Advertisement

Is there still a Demo for MH3? It's a great game but it's not for everyone - especially the first 2 hours or so of fetch quests (and skippable dialog that maybe you should have read unless you already know that you have to go spear 2 fish at the other end of the map, and don't want to spend the next 3 hours wandering around aimlessly wondering why there are no monsters in Monster Hunter). I'd look at the cancellation policy on Shopto, order it, then look into whether or not this game is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Anyone still looking for the Yoshi Woolly World & Amiibo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

alekito wrote: »
    Yes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kwazar

me too

Yes.

I think a few are (me too) :)

Wii play U is in Toys 'r' Us for €14.99

They removed the Irish website over the past few days though. I thought they were updating, but it has been redirected to the UK one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Toys'r'us have just announced that they're closing their Limerick store (I think they only opened in November too). Awful for the poor staff...

Maybe they're pulling out of Ireland completely?

Mr E wrote: »
    Toys'r'us have just announced that they're closing their Limerick store (I think they only opened in November too). Awful for the poor staff...

I didn't know we had toy r us in Ireland, I thought it was only up the north.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

What, all 2 stores? Yes I feel bad for the staff but it's 22 jobs. I didn't even know they were here until that p1ss poor TV3 rip-off of The Late Late Toy Show was on last Christmas.

When you read this, it's all so shoddy.

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/toysrus-shuts-in-ireland-after-six-months-34419226.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement