Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mr E wrote: »
    Toys'r'us have just announced that they're closing their Limerick store (I think they only opened in November too). Awful for the poor staff...

Maybe they're pulling out of Ireland completely?

That would explain the website. That's a pity, they also have amazing sales. Did they say why?
    3 months SIX Months...

Edit: just read the article above.

Does that mean that somebody else couldn't franchise them now either? - Wouldn't be possible to try again?

Like CDiscount, didn't have the right setup here, and afaik now keeps the franchise name in a small shop in Dundalk..

That's a lot of cash, hope they didn't lose it all :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sligeach wrote: »
    What, all 2 stores? Yes I feel bad for the staff but it's 22 jobs. I didn't even know they were here until that p1ss poor TV3 rip-off of The Late Late Toy Show was on last Christmas.

When you read this, it's all so shoddy.

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/toysrus-shuts-in-ireland-after-six-months-34419226.html

It doesn't matter how many jobs it was, that fact is, jobs were lost. Clearly the business wasn't set up properly. It just strikes me that any chance you get to give your opinion (almost always in a negative way) you do. It's really tiresome, and I for one am sick to death of reading your words complaining about everything. I love this thread and you ruin it (for me anyway). I'm sure I'll get a warning for having a go at another poster and I accept that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many jobs it was, that fact is, jobs were lost. Clearly the business wasn't set up properly. It just strikes me that any chance you get to give your opinion (almost always in a negative way) you do. It's really tiresome, and I for one am sick to death of reading your words complaining about everything. I love this thread and you ruin it (for me anyway). I'm sure I'll get a warning for having a go at another poster and I accept that.

Completely unjustified attack and factually wrong. My posts in this thread are there for everyone to see. You only need look back at the last number of pages to see what you wrote is wrong. Did you even look at the last page?

Completely unjustified attack and factually wrong. My posts in this thread are there for everyone to see. You only need look back at the last number of pages to see what you wrote is wrong. Did you even look at the last page?

Yup. The last page, and the last 14 or so months I've been reading your posts. Anyway, not gonna get into an argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Yup. The last page, and the last 14 or so months I've been reading your posts. Anyway, not gonna get into an argument.

If there's any kind of advert for the "ignore" button, it's that string of misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Is Monster Hunter 3 still a decent, playable game offline? (My internet isn't up to online play) Tempted to buy for days off during the week when it'd be that or Jeremy Kyle or Doctors?

Very tempting at the price from the bargain listed what seems like a lifetimes ago.

Is Monster Hunter 3 still a decent, playable game offline? (My internet isn't up to online play) Tempted to buy for days off during the week when it'd be that or Jeremy Kyle or Doctors?

Very tempting at the price from the bargain listed what seems like a lifetimes ago.

Yes, there's a tonne to do offline. Though I found having played online and goingback to offline made things easier. There are creature parts that are only available online, likewise there are creature parts that are only available offline for forging armour as an example.

If you're comparing it to Jeremy Kyle or Doctors, then yes. It is excellent offline. Possibly the best game in the world... :D

This is a very good review
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcpvfI1R5RE

€28.80 on Amazon Italy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Allyall wrote: »
    If you're comparing it to Jeremy Kyle or Doctors, then yes. It is excellent offline. Possibly the best game in the world... :D

€28.80 on Amazon Italy

Other daytime dross is available!

Yep, think I'll go for it, might stick with back order, not in any hurry for it. Thanks very much for the advice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

€28.80 on Amazon Italy

no point paying 28e when you can order it cheaper atm

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUMO01-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

Other daytime dross is available!
    Judge Judy :D
    Yep, think I'll go for it, might stick with back order, not in any hurry for it. Thanks very much for the advice lads.
    I forgot it was on Shopto.

My Nephew has borrowed my Wii U while he's sick from school. I'm reading Russian forums.... :(:o
    I am that bored. - Also, if anyone looking for a 3DSXL battery I bought one by mistake instead of a 3DS battery.

Duck Hunt No.47 Amiibo is £5.84 on Amazon

Senran Kagura Burst (Nintendo 3DS) £14.70 Amazon

Pokemon Rumble World (3DS) €29.39 on Base.com

Stella Glow 3DS Preorder £27.95 ShopTo

Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens (Wii U) €39.89 on 365 Games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What, all 2 stores? Yes I feel bad for the staff but it's 22 jobs. I didn't even know they were here until that p1ss poor TV3 rip-off of The Late Late Toy Show was on last Christmas.

When you read this, it's all so shoddy.

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs/toysrus-shuts-in-ireland-after-six-months-34419226.html

I had no idea the chain had tried to set up here until I read this post.
    I guess the investors reckoned there make more of an impact, though I doubt it'll be the last time Toys'R Us will have a crack at the Irish market.
    And 22 people out of work is tough, at least they didn't have too much time invested in the company, hopefully they can find alternate employment.

I have studiously avoided the TV3 Toy show knock off. That Muppet from Ireland AM was the front man before he got replaced unceremoniously by some one I suspect is equally talentless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    If there's any kind of advert for the "ignore" button, it's that string of misery.

Right, knock this off for once and for all guys. Last warning I'll issue on this.

Sligeach you do post an awful lot of negative posts and complaining about amiibo at every chance. This is incredibly grating for most users, so please try to curtail that style of post.

Anybody else that has a problem with a post or a poster, please REPORT THE POST and let the mods deal with it, rather than building resentment and lashing out at a poster. That kind of behaviour is absolutely not on, and will not be tolerated.

We have a great forum here, populated with friendly and passionate people. Let's keep it as nice as it has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Zelda Twilight Princess HD & Amiibo less then £39 + £3 delivery on Game with 'PREORDER10' code. All Pre-Orders are 10% off. That's about €54 delivered. Pretty good.

alekito wrote: »
    Zelda Twilight Princess HD & Amiibo less then £39 + £3 delivery on Game with 'PREORDER10' code. All Pre-Orders are 10% off. That's about €54 delivered. Pretty good.

I mean game.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Damn, thats not a bad price. Wouldn't get it for launch day though I suspect.

Maybe a few days after. I wouldn't mind that - since the price is so good. You get the game / amiibo and cd. There is good resale value in it too. I played the game when it was first out. Could be a nice return to re-play the HD version. I've it ordered :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Where's the cheapest Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 to be found?
    I seem to be missing them from my collection!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

They're both just under €40 on Cd keys. You might prefer the physical version though.

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/the-wonderful-101-nintendo-wii-u

http://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/wii-u-games/pikmin-3-nintendo-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

gamestop has wonderful 29.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

johnf26 wrote: »
    gamestop has wonderful 29.99

They should also have pikmin for that price too. Don't know if it's a good price but it's ok.

Splatoon is £17.95 + £2 P&P on The Game Collection. That's about €27. Great price for that game! Offer until midnight tonight

alekito wrote: »
    Splatoon is £17.95 + £2 P&P on The Game Collection. That's about €27. Great price for that game! Offer until midnight tonight

I saw that and was going to post earlier, and noticed it's a similar price on Amazon (with free delivery) and Splatoon Amiibo Boy (Japan import) is £4.42 qualifying them both for Super Free Saver Delivery.

I can't link on phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Have to sniff out a gamestop with W101 for that price, decent enough.

Sort of Nintendo Bargain Alert :)

http://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-news/celebrate-mew-in-february/
    For a limited time, you can watch Pokémon: The First Movie, starring Mew and the Legendary Mewtwo, on Pokémon TV! This first big-screen Pokémon adventure will be available to watch for only a limited time, so don't miss it. Remember, you can watch Pokémon TV on Pokemon.co.uk and on the Pokémon TV mobile app. Watch Pokémon: The First Movie now!

Kick off the Pokémon 20th celebration with the first Mythical Pokémon!
    First, be sure to head to participating GAME stores by February 28 to get a special Mew for your Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video game. This Mew is similar to the one that first appeared nearly 20 years ago! Get details on the official Pokémon 20th site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are the games on cd keys not region locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Kick off the Pokémon 20th celebration with the first Mythical Pokémon!

Just a quick note to everyone who's looking to get MEW, Ireland were not included in the distribution of the codes so you'll either have to get a mate to pop into a participating retailer in a country included in the distribution or there is a way of getting it online by pretending you're at a nintendo zone in spain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

EJ22 wrote: »
    or there is a way of getting it online by pretending you're at a nintendo zone in spain :)

Any chance you could elaborate a bit on that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement