Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Banjo wrote: »
    It's not worth it
    10 quid more than yesterday's deal, with a lower end model and lesser games (2 Minigame collections and what is probably only an afternoon's minor diversion for tweenagers).
    Only plus point is the free Motion+ WiiMote with Wii Party U

Agreed.

I'd either wait for another lightning deal or if you dont need / want it prexmas I'd wait for the new year when I reckon they'll come up in the sales for roughly the same as black friday deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I thought it would go for £199 and if they wanted to get it moving they should have pitched it at £180.

The price listed equates to €250, so you'd be better off buying the Premium pack from Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

One point worth noting is that the 8GB model was discontinued, so it's now "limited edition" and might be worth something in the future!

Just like this copy of N64 Conker would be if I hadn't thrown out the box :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Banjo wrote: »
    Just like this copy of N64 Conker would be if I hadn't thrown out the box :)

I had a mint box but it got chucked along with the rest of my N64 boxes. My copy still managed to sell for silly money

Lego City Undercover Wii U pack for £199. It's not even a lightning deal!
    Definitely more worthwhile than the 8GB pack above, unless you know someone who will buy the 3 crap games off you and swap them for a WiiMote and Mario 3D World :)

BTW, if you're that way inclined, Just Dance 4 (not 2014) is about £13 on there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone know where i could pick up a 2nd hand wii U or where the best deal is for a new one. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

eShop sales:
    c4CgVnj.png

Tempted by ZombiU, it's currently hovering around the €19 (+ shipping) mark on Amazon...I get 10% off eShop Cards, plus the digital deluxe promo...hmm. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

eShop sales:

Tempted by ZombiU, it's currently hovering around the €19 (+ shipping) mark on Amazon...I get 10% off eShop Cards, plus the digital deluxe promo...hmm. :P

I got it free with my Wii U last week. I'm not sure it's worth buying. Has a few interesting ideas but not enough to keep me coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

eShop sales:
    MASSIVE PICTURE

So I am tempted to get ZombiU too, had it at launch, didnt think it was worth the price at the time (€50 or so) and sold it on, but if its gonna be €9.99 on the 26th I might double dip, hope loads of people buy it and Ubisoft see good sales and make a better sequel since they said there wouldnt be a sequel due to bad sales. Gonna get Ducktales, Resy and Cloudberry Kingdom too.

One thing though, I REALLY dont understand how this digital deluxe thing works, can someone explain it to me and how I go about setting it all up? Thanks

So I am tempted to get ZombiU too, had it at launch, didnt think it was worth the price at the time (€50 or so) and sold it on, but if its gonna be €9.99 on the 26th I might double dip, hope loads of people buy it and Ubisoft see good sales and make a better sequel since they said there wouldnt be a sequel due to bad sales. Gonna get Ducktales, Resy and Cloudberry Kingdom too.

One thing though, I REALLY dont understand how this digital deluxe thing works, can someone explain it to me and how I go about setting it all up? Thanks

If you've got a WiiU Premium you get about 8% back from purchases in points, once you hit 500 points on the website you can cash it in for a €5 eShop code. :)
    Just log into https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe with your Nintendo ID and it'll show all your purchases and how many points you've got so far.

• Advertisement

Think ill be buyin zombie u and ducktails at those prices. More games and sooooo little time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strange how they have prices for some and percentages for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

eShop sales:

Can I have 10% off an eshop card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

I'll def pick up ZombiU at that price. :)

Thanks for posting the picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

If you've got a WiiU Premium you get about 8% back from purchases in points, once you hit 500 points on the website you can cash it in for a €5 eShop code. :)
    Just log into https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe with your Nintendo ID and it'll show all your purchases and how many points you've got so far.

Thanks for that, had a look on the site and sure enough, I have a €5 voucher thing waiting for me there from everything I got over the past year, nice one!

Wonder what price SMB3 will be on sale on the 26th too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Ha - me too - I had 5 yo-yo code I didn't know about either !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Had no interest in Rayman legends till i had a shot of it in a shop the other day. I'm sure i could find twenty big for it over the next few weeks. Nice one!

Assassin's Creed - Black Flag £22.49 on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Nintendo/dp/B00BMRR65W/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Also Deus Ex down to a lightning-deal-esque £14.99
    Ninja Gaidan £14.99
    Splinter Cell Blacklist £18.50
    Assassins Creed 3 £13.43
    Lego LotR 3DS on £12.99
    and the Walking Dead big compendiums back down to £23

Edit 20/12 :
    Black Flag is out of stock today but still orderable at that price (2-4 weeks delivery)
    Ninja Gaidan has jumped up to £25
    To compensate, Assassin's Creed 3 has dropped to what I believe is an all-time low of £10, putting it on par with Ubi's eShop deal a few weeks ago

Rayman Legends is available for just under €18 delivered on Zavvi:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/rayman-legends-wii-u/10616873.html?vwo_ppr=ZV3870280
    (use the discount code "ZV3870280" to make it €17.81 if that link doesn't auto apply it, seems to be for first time orders only)

Even cheaper than the eShop deal that's starting on the 26th! :P

My Amazon basket watching obsession continues :
    Injustice down to £13
    ArkhAm asylum £10
    Resi Revelations £17
    32gb nintendoland premium pack £220 But can't shake the feeling the 199 deals will be back on the 26th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've given the wife enough hints at this point, and she's told me I'll enjoy my present this year. It better be a Wii U or it's divorce town!

I've given the wife enough hints at this point, and she's told me I'll enjoy my present this year. It better be a Wii U or it's divorce town!

I bought my own just incase it didn't arrive lol

Merry Christmas boardsies!
    In my defence I'm feeding the baby and have 10 minutes to kill (not to mention a voucher to spend)

£199. 99 32gb nintendoland bundle is back on Amazon
    Also Pikmin is £28 and wonderful 101 is £30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Will be picking up ZombiU in the sale tomorrow. Anyone got any deals on either of the cod games?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

nuxxx wrote: »
    Will be picking up ZombiU in the sale tomorrow. Anyone got any deals on either of the cod games?

What sale, where?

I didn't get a Wii U for Xmas, so my divorce papers will be filed on Friday. I'm January sales searching now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

What sale, where?

I didn't get a Wii U for Xmas, so my divorce papers will be filed on Friday. I'm January sales searching now!

its the sale on the eShop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

In the Gamestop sale you can get:

Three for €20 (or one for €9)
    • Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013
    • The Avengers Battle for Earth
    • Disney Epic Mickey 2 (snigger)

Two for €30. (or one for €20)
    • Resident Evil Revelations
    • Just Dance 4
    • Fifa 13
    • Splinter Cell:Blacklist
    • Rayman Legends
    • Tank! Tank! Tank!
    • Assassins Creed 3,

Two for €50 (or one for €30)
    • Pikmin 3
    • Super Luigi U
    • Fast & Furious Showdown
    • Angry Birds Trilogy

If you have another console, you might be able to max and match something better out of the 3 for €20 category. I see nothing in it for me.

Two for 30 isn't bad. And the Pikmin price (even on its own) is better than amazon.

What sale, where?

eShop sale, check back a page! :P
    10 bucks, plus the points back for those with a premium :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What sale, where?

Dunno if you'll find a new wife in the sales

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement