Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

bkrangle wrote: »
    Any chance you could elaborate a bit on that?

Not sure I can write about it here as it could be seen as illegal due to pretending to be at a nintendo zone. Google "how to get mew event at home" and it should be the first link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

forgive my laziness...............a quick bit of googling got me the details

Good to know we can get the event pokémon here in Ireland

bkrangle wrote: »
    forgive my laziness...............a quick bit of googling got me the details

Good to know we can get the event pokémon here in Ireland

No problem, I used it a few days ago to get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Are the games on cd keys not region locked?

I've bought UK region and European region games from them and they work fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Are the games on cd keys not region locked?

They are, they email you an eShop code.
    There'll be a flag on the product page, you'd want a European country's flag or the EU flag itself.

Redeem the code here if not by your console:
    https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jeez Louise batman they are quite expensive

Jeez Louise batman they are quite expensive

Which game are you after? In general I find them to be about €10 cheaper than the eshop.

Edit: the prices do go up and down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Which game are you after? In general I find them to be about €10 cheaper than the eshop.

Edit: the prices do go up and down though.

Ok so I currently have
    Mario 3d world
    Mario maker
    Mariokart 8
    Mario u
    Splatoon

So off top of head I want yoshi, Kirkby, capt toad, zelda and pikmin

Ok so I currently have
    Mario 3d world
    Mario maker
    Mariokart 8
    Mario u
    Splatoon

So off top of head I want yoshi, Kirkby, capt toad, zelda and pikmin

Zelda and Pikmin you'll definitely save a few bob on cd keys. Captain Toad is cheaper on the eshop iirc. I can't remember the prices of Yoshi and Kirby.

Edit: I just checked the eshop prices and Captain Toad and Yoshi are cheaper on cd keys. Only by a couple of euros though. Kirby is much cheaper on the eshop. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just buy Pikmin at whatever price you can get it. Its worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

EJ22 wrote: »
    Not sure I can write about it here as it could be seen as illegal due to pretending to be at a nintendo zone. Google "how to get mew event at home" and it should be the first link :)

Don't think there's any problem with this kind of thing, it's only where it comes to things like methods of pirating and so on that it's dodgy and shouldn't be posted. This kind of workaround to get something they're giving away free is fine in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

There's a way to do this through an iPhone right? The instructions are confusing to someone who isn't computer literate like me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dunno about iPhone, but there's an Android app called StreetPass Riilay that used to do the trick for me to get StreetPass hits, dunno if it works for this, but could be worth a shot.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Don't think there's any problem with this kind of thing, it's only where it comes to things like methods of pirating and so on that it's dodgy and shouldn't be posted. This kind of workaround to get something they're giving away free is fine in my books.

Grand so thats all i need to hear!

Here's the link to it all: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-eu-get-the-mew-event-at-home.413162/

Its pretty simple to do. Streetpass Riilay won't work because this isn't streetpassing per se, rather setting the virtual adapter mac, ssid etc to match that of a nintendo zone and the developer of the nbahomepass.exe file has only included it in his program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Great! reserved one, great price!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Animal crossing: new leaf is €32.60 including delivery on base.com at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

2 for £22.00 - 3DS Games inc Zelda, Starfox, Mario + More @ base.com

Kid Icarus uprising is £13.95 (+ £2 p+p to Ireland) at the game collection

http://www.thegamecollection.net/kid-icarus-uprising-3ds.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Zelda wii U is on Argos for €215, but damned if I can see any stock in the Pale. Code is 391/1031 if you're instore and fancy a check. Before Sligeach shoots me down, yes I know it's not the cheapest Wii U of all time but not a bad price for one with awesome Hyrulian stylings. You can't put a price on those stenciled gold squiggles!
    http://checkargos.com/product/3911031

While I'm browsing the Argos Scanner, they have a couple of Lego Dimensions fun sets (1 fig, 1 vehicle) down to €15.99. Crazy expensive, but then Lego Dimensions is very much an "I only really need one of these kidneys" kind of game. Amazon have a 3 for 2 on some Dimensions sets, so shop around peeps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Banjo wrote: »
    Zelda wii U is on Argos for €215, but damned if I can see any stock in the Pale. Code is 391/1031 if you're instore and fancy a check. Before Sligeach shoots me down, yes I know it's not the cheapest Wii U of all time but not a bad price for one with awesome Hyrulian stylings. You can't put a price on those stenciled gold squiggles!
    http://checkargos.com/product/3911031

While I'm browsing the Argos Scanner, they have a couple of Lego Dimensions fun sets (1 fig, 1 vehicle) down to €15.99. Crazy expensive, but then Lego Dimensions is very much an "I only really need one of these kidneys" kind of game. Amazon have a 3 for 2 on some Dimensions sets, so shop around peeps...

I own the Zelda Wii U bundle as well as the Nintendo Land Premium bundle. The gamepad is very minimalist. It's just the black gamepad with a bit of Hyrulian gibberish around the edges, the Triforce logo and gold replacing the white bits on the standard gamepad. The console itself has no references at all. They should have blinged it up perhaps with gold buttons, d pad, analogue sticks and a dark green shell. It was because the Wii U was selling so poorly that they had to mod existing consoles. If the Wii U had sold well and hadn't a backlog of stock, I think we would have got a much more exciting bundle. I paid absolutely nowhere near €215 for it and that was probably 2 years ago at least. I was very lucky I guess.

I think €215 at this particular time is a good deal considering other packages elsewhere. Finding one is another story.

Edit: I've looked all around the country but can't find any in stock.

It might be like the DK:TF deal, you may need to check in stock in the argos store.

EDIT:

2 left in monaghan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Before Sligeach shoots me down, yes I know it's not the cheapest Wii U of all time but ...[/url]
    sligeach wrote: »
    I paid absolutely nowhere near €215 for it and that was probably 2 years ago at least.

Speaking as someone who got an 8GB Wii U with Smash Bros + Skylanders for €265 before Xmas; a 32GB with Zelda for €215 is a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    I think €215 at this particular time is a good deal considering other packages elsewhere. F

I think that's the highest honour this thread can bestow, and for that I thank you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Chibi Robo with Amiibo will be €25 in Smyths from 9am onwards this morning or €15 without.

Be warned the game is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Out of the 80+ amiibo so far released, Chibi-Robo is the only one made specifically with a 3DS game in mind. While some amiibo work on both platforms, they've been milking it far more heavily on the Wii U.

The amiibo is €12.07 ($4.83 each) delivered on Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016S5DC3M/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

CeX buy the game for €11 so you could get the Amiibo for €14 all in. Not bad if you want it for your collection. I'm gonna pick it up myself for poops and giggles. :D

• Advertisement

Triforce heroes is £19.99 (+£2 p+p) on the game collection

http://www.thegamecollection.net/sale/half-term/the-legend-of-zelda-tri-force-heroes-3ds.html

Might bite at that price!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement