Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not into the AC games or the Ubisoft model of open world gaming, but the piracy element makes this one look special and the WiiU port seems to have relatively few compromises compared to the other consoles and where there are some frame rate issues, they are fairly transient and matter little in gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, managed to pick up a rather good bargain in that purveyor of great gaming deals... Gamestop!
    The WiiU edition of Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Skull Edition, that's the one that comes in the tin box and includes a soundtrack, artbook, lithographs and some in game items, here it is here....
    AC4BF_Skull_mockup_UK.jpg

And I got it for €2!

Only Mullingar have another copy, I confirmed it with a phonecall yesterday, I got this one in Navan an hour ago.

I've played every AC up to that game. In my opinion, Black Flag is one of the better games, particularly in terms of story. Also, that's a bragain worth a hell of drive alright, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

10% off everything The Game Collection with the code DEADCOOL. Pre orders a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Zelda Twilight Princess HD with Amiibo / CD / Game for €51.29 at Zavvi. Best price around now (includes free delivery to Ireland)

Bear in minds with zavvi, it might take 6 weeks or longer to show up, if it shows up at all :pac:

With that discount code, I could get Zelda TP, Bravely second, and a PS4 game for £87, which seems to work out at 115, thats a good price right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bear in minds with zavvi, it might take 6 weeks or longer to show up, if it shows up at all :pac:

With that discount code, I could get Zelda TP, Bravely second, and a PS4 game for £87, which seems to work out at 115, thats a good price right?

By the time it arrives, it'll already be sold at a discount in Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

That's an amazing price considering twilight princess and Bravely Second would cost that alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Fatal Frame Blackwater Wii U - what's it worth? I have an option to buy it for €70. Good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

So, managed to pick up a rather good bargain in that purveyor of great gaming deals... Gamestop!
    The WiiU edition of Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Skull Edition, that's the one that comes in the tin box and includes a soundtrack, artbook, lithographs and some in game items, here it is here....
    AC4BF_Skull_mockup_UK.jpg

And I got it for €2!

Only Mullingar have another copy, I confirmed it with a phonecall yesterday, I got this one in Navan an hour ago.

Managed to get the guys in Mullingar to post it down to my locale gamestop..sweet deal.

• Advertisement

johnf26 wrote: »
    Managed to get the guys in Mullingar to post it down to my locale gamestop..sweet deal.

Nice one, well done there.
    Now to find the time to play it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

alekito wrote: »
    Fatal Frame Blackwater Wii U - what's it worth? I have an option to buy it for €70. Good price?

As long as your buying it new, it's a great price. Sells for well over a 100 online. I'm going to keep mine for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Meant to post this earlier. For anyone who was looking at Argos' offer. Nintendo Wii U 32GB Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon Premium Pack £199.99. You'll have to use Parcel Motel or an equivalent service. Probably about €270 all in.

Goddamn, The Game Collection don't make money till dispatch right? Cos I made an order yesterday of £78, and even though the earliest anything from it would be dispatched is next week (Zelda TP and heavy rain) I got an email saying they couldn't process the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Called in to Mullingar branch today at around 10:30 and it was gone :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Goddamn, The Game Collection don't make money till dispatch right? Cos I made an order yesterday of £78, and even though the earliest anything from it would be dispatched is next week (Zelda TP and heavy rain) I got an email saying they couldn't process the payment.

Pre-authorisation?

sweetie wrote: »
    Pre-authorisation?

If its pre authorisation, why does the money already need to be in my account? Will they take any of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

If its pre authorisation, why does the money already need to be in my account? Will they take any of it?

I think they sometimes take a quid and refund it immediately.

budgemook wrote: »
    Called in to Mullingar branch today at around 10:30 and it was gone :mad:

Sorry lad, i rang over Saturday morning one the staff got it boxed up inal today for postage to my locale we gotta be quick on these deals.

You can preorder Starfox on Wii U for £28.65 which is €37 now on the Game Collection with 'Deadcool'. That seems pretty good. I'm sure you could play, sell on for 30 odd. Or trade in at CEX for that approx. The game could be good. It will probably be 50+ in Gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

alekito wrote: »
    You can preorder Starfox on Wii U for £28.65 which is €37 now on the Game Collection with 'Deadcool'. That seems pretty good. I'm sure you could play, sell on for 30 odd. Or trade in at CEX for that approx. The game could be good. It will probably be 50+ in Gamestop

The game could be anything. The silence is both worrying and deafening. It's supposed to be out in April, you'd expect some promotion by now. Very little is known about it however. Still might pre-order it despite the negativity. I presume that's €40 really when postage is added.

Edit: Deal's expired. Not the first time I've missed a discount on this game.

Edit 2: The deal is still there.

A Limited Edition might be better value, if they ever announce it or release the game.

sligeach wrote: »
    The game could be anything. The silence is both worrying and deafening. It's supposed to be out in April, you'd expect some promotion by now. Very little is known about it however. Still might pre-order it despite the negativity. I presume that's €40 really when postage is added.

Edit: Deal's expired. Not the first time I've missed a discount on this game.

Edit 2: The deal is still there.

A Limited Edition might be better value, if they ever announce it or release the game.

Hi, yes, it is a bit of gamble. But it was €37 including postage which is ok for a new Nintendo game. Trade in or selling it second hand should get €30. So that's just €7 to play. It's more to go to the cinema. Heck, it's more to buy popcorn in the cinema!!

Sorry lad, i rang over Saturday morning one the staff got it boxed up inal today for postage to my locale we gotta be quick on these deals.

You can see why I was initially circumspect about saying what the bargain was!
    Didn't want one of you shower of lousers nipping in and grabbing it!

You can see why I was initially circumspect about saying what the bargain was!
    Didn't want one of you shower of lousers nipping in and grabbing it!

You were right do,cover yourself first then mention the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Credit/Debit Card Payment for pre-orders will be taken 1-3 days before the official release date once we have the items in stock and ready to ship. Payment for orders placed using PayPal will be captured when we dispatch your items unless your order was placed more than 28 days before the official release date. In this case your payment will be captured within 28 days of your order placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think I reserved the last copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X in the big shmoke in argos. Put myself off reserving it in Dundrum on Sunday, checked it on Monday and it was gone. Checked it again this morning and it was back in stock :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think I reserved the last copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X in the big shmoke in argos. Put myself off reserving it in Dundrum on Sunday, checked it on Monday and it was gone. Checked it again this morning and it was back in stock :-D

I grabbed the last one in my local (Ashbourne) on Saturday. Have been putting it off for ages because I figure it'll be a huge time commitment but couldn't resist at that price! I'm trying to ration it now, played about ten hours and have barely scratched the surface. Huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Booked Xenoblade C. in Argos and when went in to collect it they wouldnt sell it too me. They said it they werent allowed to sell it ggggrrr.
    Might crack and buy it for bday next week regardless at whatever price :) Really need to find Pikmin 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

kevin2me wrote: »
    Booked Xenoblade C. in Argos and when went in to collect it they wouldnt sell it too me. They said it they werent allowed to sell it ggggrrr.
    Might crack and buy it for bday next week regardless at whatever price :) Really need to find Pikmin 3 too.

That happened a few of us on here the other week. After talking to their manager they sold it to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

kevin2me wrote: »

That's new. What was their reasoning behind that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement