Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Sparko wrote: »
    I grabbed the last one in my local (Ashbourne) on Saturday. Have been putting it off for ages because I figure it'll be a huge time commitment but couldn't resist at that price! I'm trying to ration it now, played about ten hours and have barely scratched the surface. Huge!

I've been the same. I barely get a chance to play the games I have at the minute, but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

I wasn't going to pick it up until I saw argos had lowered the price, and for some reason, even though I pass it every day on the luas going to work, I always forget the check the argos in Dundrum...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

10% off The Game Collection (again) with code FEB10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

10% off The Game Collection (again) with code FEB10.

Love those guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wait my bad, its 10% off when ordering through ratuken. Still valid doe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

if you missed Xenoblade in Argos, it's back on Amazon for 24.99, but this time the exchange rate is around 1.26 so it comes in at about 32 quids. Fly! Fly you fools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Banjo wrote: »
    if you missed Xenoblade in Argos, it's back on Amazon for 24.99, but this time the exchange rate is around 1.26 so it comes in at about 32 quids. Fly! Fly you fools!

You beauty, Thanks!!! :)
    Done and Done 33.62e delivered!!!

Argos simply spent 20 minutes talking between mgrs and said they couldnt sell it to me. Delighted to gotten this finally, next W101, Pikmin3 and smash to get! Gotta get them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

kevin2me wrote:
    Argos simply spent 20 minutes talking between mgrs and said they couldnt sell it to me. Delighted to gotten this finally, next W101, Pikmin3 and smash to get! Gotta get them all.

Pikmin 3 is 30e preowned in gamestop, I've never seen W101 and amazon may be best for Smash but not sure. A few months ago gamestop had smash with Mario amiibo for 50 euro - disgusted I missed out on it that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

CliCliW wrote: »
    Pikmin 3 is 30e preowned in gamestop, I've never seen W101 and amazon may be best for Smash but not sure. A few months ago gamestop had smash with Mario amiibo for 50 euro - disgusted I missed out on it that time!

Its possible to still get it for 49.99e with amiibo

Codename S.T.E.A.M. in Smyths for €10 on clearance. 2 in Carrickmines.
    If you don't see any clearance titles check the games counter for a box of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Codename S.T.E.A.M. in Smyths for €10 on clearance. 2 in Carrickmines.
    If you don't see any clearance titles check the games counter for a box of 'em.

Is it any good?

• Advertisement

I only played a little of it, but it seemed fun - it's a turn based squad strategy game, but with a 3rd person over-the-shoulder view point. You have limited energy per turn, so you have to balance mobility with defense and attack power (ie if you move too far you can't attack at the end of your turn and you're exposed. If you conserve enough energy you can preemptively attack on your opponents turn if they walk through your sights.

It's interesting, but I found I played WAAAAY too cautiously, inching forward to score preemptive kills. I don't use potions in Pokemon, I sniped all the villagers in RE4 before they rang the bell and summoned Bag Head, I'm just not cut out for seat-of-your-pants antics.

It's from the guys who did the last Fire Emblem I think. It will definitely give you 2 pints worth of entertainment. But I guess I could be showing how long it is since I was out and about buying pints. Damn you, recession and kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

I really quite like code name steam, but make sure you update it or the enemy turns are painfully slow, in fact they are even with the update, but less so. Great game though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought STEAM and it ended up in the pile, right next to Chibi Robo Zip Line, Bravely Default and Xenoblade, and that's just the 3ds.
    The pile for every other format I own, some 40 odd now, is just getting more insurmountable by the week.
    Sure is fun though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Good price, think it'll go lower though eventually. Came to just under €34 at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

johnf26 wrote:
    Its possible to still get it for 49.99e with amiibo

I didn't know that at all. Sure what harm I already picked it up from amazon at this stage! But others should look out for that definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I have absolutely no chance of playing this any time soon buy €33 is cheap so I bought it.

Sure it'll look good on my games shelf alongside other poor unplayed titles.

It will quadruple in price though like its predecessor right? Right?!

Resident Evil Revelations for the Wii U is €16.04(it says €15.65 on the page but changes at check-out) on base.com plus €1.74 for delivery. €17.78 total. It's a great game, people should pick it up if the haven't already done so.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/resident-evil-revelations-wii-u/dgc-resierwiiu.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say, there's a good few copies of Etrian Odyssey IV, 3DS, out there in various Gamestop stores around the country.
    Second hand it's €40 but it can be found for €19.99 new in some of their shops and is well worth it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%203DS/Games/44832/etrian-odyssey-iv-legends-of-the-titan

Tap on the maps link to see where it's stocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Balls, decent Ubisoft sale in North America. Hopefully it comes over here too. Some nice bargains to be had.

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-ubisoft-sale-on-the-north-american-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Are there still any issues with SimplyGames, or have they proven all issues are behind them? I remember something, but can't remember what.
    In any case -
    The Legend Of Zelda HD Wii U is available to preorder for £29.85 (~€38)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So yeah xenoblade chronicles x came today.

I fear opening this.

Seriously every review tells me I'm in this for like 200 hour.

I might give Mario Maker a few more goes so it doesn't feel left out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - where's the best place to buy a new 3ds xl right now? Also interested in bundles. Have the old one which is going strong but thinking of pulling the trigger for xenoblade and hyrule warriors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - where's the best place to buy a new 3ds xl right now? Also interested in bundles. Have the old one which is going strong but thinking of pulling the trigger for xenoblade and hyrule warriors?

Amazon France had fairly good prices on them when I was looking a few months ago.

If you don't mind the Animal Crossing one (you can't change the look of the outside like you can on the n3DS regular) the Happy Home Designer bundle is pretty cheap everywhere. (If you don't fancy Interneting it the Argos price was decent a few weeks ago). Even Gamestop might have it at a decent price - between that and the snow it's safe to assume the apocalypse is upon us so hug your children and eat your neighbours and I'll see you all in Valhalla when the blood has all been let.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If doomsday is indeed here these words mean nothing. Buy a can of spray paint an do a personal job on a New XL if the colour or design is not what you want, you may need to redo it every so often as it will come off after a while.

If you don't mind the Animal Crossing one (you can't change the look of the outside like you can on the n3DS regular) the Happy Home Designer bundle is pretty cheap everywhere. (If you don't fancy Interneting it the Argos price was decent a few weeks ago). Even Gamestop might have it at a decent price - between that and the snow it's safe to assume the apocalypse is upon us so hug your children and eat your neighbours and I'll see you all in Valhalla when the blood has all been let.

It's shallow but I think I do mind :( I have the old zelda 3ds - might hang on for the hyrule one to be available or else just go plain black.

(a small part of me wants to pay huge money for the majoras mask version which is objectively insane, but apparently I really love flinging money at Nintendo)

get the Animal Crossing XL at a bargain price, then get an n3DS and the Majora plates (still in the shops... gutted that investment didn't pay off). Yes, it costs a little more, but for an additional €20 (on top of the extra n3DS and plates) you can trade Pokemon between Red and Blue...

Banjo wrote:
    get the Animal Crossing XL at a bargain price, then get an n3DS and the Majora plates (still in the shops... gutted that investment didn't pay off). Yes, it costs a little more, but for an additional €20 (on top of the extra n3DS and plates) you can trade Pokemon between Red and Blue...

I already have a 3dsXL and a 3ds. Buying a new 3ds and new3dsXL is too far even for me :D

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, amiibo & SoundTrack CD on Nintendo Wii U is £35.85 plus £2.50 for delivery at SimplyGames. Comes to about €49.50.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-amiibo--soundtrack-cd-nintendo-wii-u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just curious, I'm looking through this thread and the "bargains" tend to be around €30+

I got a Wii U earlier this year, to add to my Xbox 360 and PC game collection, and bargains for the latter 2 genuinely *are* bargains (Humble Bundles for PC, and games for around a fiver or so on Xbox 360).

Do Wii U games never go as low as their Xbox / PC counterparts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement