Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wii U (and 1st party nintendo in general) games tend to get low print runs, much lower than multiplatform/big Sony and Microsoft stuff, so they tend to go up from price at launch, rather than down. So getting a decent nintendo game for 30 quid odd is a pretty good deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just curious, I'm looking through this thread and the "bargains" tend to be around €30+

I got a Wii U earlier this year, to add to my Xbox 360 and PC game collection, and bargains for the latter 2 genuinely *are* bargains (Humble Bundles for PC, and games for around a fiver or so on Xbox 360).

Do Wii U games never go as low as their Xbox / PC counterparts?

Xbox 360 is super old, and if you expect expect any AAA to drop to Humble Bundle levels :pac:

Nintendo are releasing a lot of great 'Greatest Hits' titles for all their platforms this month in N.A., should be here too. I'd expect them to be 25 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know if when you pre-order with Amazon.co.uk when they take the money? I got the £12 free from faulty kindle charger so thinking of pre-ordering Pokken Tournament as a result.

EJ22 wrote: »
    Anyone know if when you pre-order with Amazon.co.uk when they take the money? I got the £12 free from faulty kindle charger so thinking of pre-ordering Pokken Tournament as a result.

Should be on dispatch.

Should be on dispatch.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wright wrote: »
    Xbox 360 is super old, and if you expect expect any AAA to drop to Humble Bundle levels :pac:

Nintendo are releasing a lot of great 'Greatest Hits' titles for all their platforms this month in N.A., should be here too. I'd expect them to be 25 quid.

I don't think it's related to age though, as Xbone games can be bought for £10 on Amazon.co.uk.

I guess I'm not used to seeing people referring to €30+ as a "cheap price" is all :D

I mainly bought the WiiU for emulation purposes, but I do plan to buy some of the games when they go digital on the new store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

I don't think it's related to age though, as Xbone games can be bought for £10 on Amazon.co.uk.

Not from what I'm seeing.

Wright wrote: »
    Not from what I'm seeing.

I meant older games like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Xbox-One/dp/B00NQ10NR0/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-THIEFXONE-Thief-Xbox-y/dp/B00BM2LSFG/

but then I did spot this for WiiU, which seems like a bargain (so I guess I was wrong)?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Black-Ops-Nintendo/dp/B009H6MBG4/

OK it might be just that bargain alerts on newer games are posted in this thread rather than bargain alerts in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just curious, I'm looking through this thread and the "bargains" tend to be around €30+

I got a Wii U earlier this year, to add to my Xbox 360 and PC game collection, and bargains for the latter 2 genuinely *are* bargains (Humble Bundles for PC, and games for around a fiver or so on Xbox 360).

Do Wii U games never go as low as their Xbox / PC counterparts?

Surely a bargain is what's cheaper than all or most places out there? A bargain doesn't necessarily have to be Zelda Windwaker Wii U for a fiver etc, €20 to €25 would be a fantastic price for it as an example, and a definite bargain.

Actually I did spot Rayman Legends for $10 on the Nintendo eShop:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/5nLjBP1MUbZVqz97y6b6e8Xqv83b0HWm

That's a bargain if I ever saw one (I take back my comments!).. I take it we can get a similar price on the Irish accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Actually I did spot Rayman Legends for $10 on the Nintendo eShop:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/5nLjBP1MUbZVqz97y6b6e8Xqv83b0HWm

That's a bargain if I ever saw one (I take back my comments!).. I take it we can get a similar price on the Irish accounts?

That's part of the Ubisoft sale, it's only in America. Nintendo are awful for sales. Their whole eShop pricing setup is terrible and overinflated. I think they control the stock levels of their games to keep the prices high. It takes them ages to do a Select range of games. As an example Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario All Stars only became part of the Selects range last month. Their VC games are also overpriced. And when Nintendo do sales they're never as cheap as 3rd party retail titles like Rayman or Resident Evil: Revelations, they're not even close.

sligeach wrote: »
    That's part of the Ubisoft sale, it's only in America. Nintendo are awful for sales. Their whole eShop pricing setup is terrible and overinflated. I think they control the stock levels of their games to keep the prices high. It takes them ages to do a Select range of games. As an example Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario All Stars only became part of the Selects range last month. Their VC games are also overpriced.

That's the sense I got from the eStore alright, vs the Xbox or Steam equivalents (and part of the reason I posted originally).

Hopefully this will be rectified this year with the new store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Stuff like BlOps2 or Rayman or Injustice - games that have been very cheap for a long time - tend not to get called out much any more. On the other hand if a game like Donkey Kong - which is both expensive and in short supply - comes up for under 40 quid we go bananas. Its supply and demand :)

Banjo wrote: »
    if a game like Donkey Kong...we go bananas.

Freudian slip? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Any cheap copies of Pokken out there?
    Everything seems to be around the same, £39.99

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any cheap copies of Pokken out there?
    Everything seems to be around the same, £39.99

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/videogameschsjuva2wx/nintendowiiu-pokken-tournament-includes-shadow-mewtwo-amiibo-card

Use code JEMEL to bring it down to £34.91

38 on TGC, then I'm waiting to see if there's a discount code before launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

38 on TGC, then I'm waiting to see if there's a discount code before launch.

I was going to spend the money money money on Zelda but remembered Pokken is on the way.
    I'm surprised they haven't released a LE with the game and controller.

I was going to spend the money money money on Zelda but remembered Pokken is on the way.
    I'm surprised they haven't released a LE with the game and controller.

The controller is quite cheap isn't it? Bundle wouldn't be expensive...

The controller is quite cheap isn't it? Bundle wouldn't be expensive...

It's out for £16.99, around €22.
    Not too expensive but would have been cool to have included the controller never the less.
    Will the game support the GameCube adapter or is that asking too much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You need to buy the Gamecube Amiibo to unlock that function

/runs :pac:

It's out for £16.99, around €22.
    Not too expensive but would have been cool to have included the controller never the less.

Just a quick heads up on the hori gamepad for pokken, it will only work in pokken so take that into consideration as I was going to get it plus the game from amazon but now I'm thinking of just getting the game

Apparently it also won't work for player one, only for a second player, which is well weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sounds like they were banking on consumers keeping the controller in the box for resale when it's value goes up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

For the metro sexual lads on here Gameslop have a princess peach smash bros battle pad for 1c. Wild goose esque chase begins in 5,4,3,2 ah you get the idea.

For the metro sexual lads on here Gameslop have a princess peach smash bros battle pad for 1c. Wild goose esque chase begins in 5,4,3,2 ah you get the idea.

Already looked and no one seems to have them in stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

they have been outa stock a long time now tried hunting for one myself months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loads in CeX for €18. If I had to guess stores like Charlestown, Clarehall or Bray might have them out of the way stores really. Have not set foot in any of them in years myself might be worth a look in some of the suburb stores though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They had a few in Navan store a few weeks ago. I've no idea now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Len_007

New Nintendo 3DS Coverplate - Camouflage
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SKQZ2JK
    £3 before delivery.

Deal Over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement