Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

b250a0b4f231bbe86a30bb93ae21aab4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Was up in belfast today seen a few amiibos in GAME for £10/12 I haven't seen in a while. Shiek and Shovel knight . No Sonic or Megaman sadly. Also couldn't preorder Pokken for some reason. Online only. :(

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Nintendo Wii U) the bundle with 2 amiibo and 3 amiibo cards is £20 on GraingerGames. Don't think they deliver to Ireland so add another €4 for Parcel Motel. Still under €30 all in. Thinking about buying it myself despite its awfulness.
    WU169.jpg

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/nintendo-wii-u/wu169-animal-crossing-amiibo-festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Games_top

Was up in belfast today seen a few amiibos in GAME for £10/12 I haven't seen in a while. Shiek and Shovel knight . No Sonic or Megaman sadly. Also couldn't preorder Pokken for some reason. Online only. :(

Isn't it expensive to go to Belfast? 24 Euro by bus, 40 Euro by train. Kind of defeats the purpose of bargain-hunting, doesn't it?

GAME in Belfast aren't getting many copies of Pokken Tournament in, due to concerns over new releases not selling that well. There have been a few PS4 releases in the last few weeks that they didn't stock because not enough people are going in and asking about them in advance.

Starfox First Print Edition pre-orders now open, but nothing on the UK sites from what I can see: http://i.imgur.com/DBzlyWO.jpg

Shows up on Benelux sites though: € 59.99 on GameMania. At that price, might be worth popping in to the local store to grab one :)

NINTENDO WII FIT U WITH FIT METER - GREEN (WII U) is £9.85 on the
    gamecollection plus £2 delivery.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter-green-wii-u.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sligeach wrote: »

http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter-green-wii-u.html

you'd really need the balance board to make this worthwhile right?

mrcheez wrote: »
    you'd really need the balance board to make this worthwhile right?

Yep. Go to CEX and buy one for €4. They've tonnes of them.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SWIIBALA001#.VuhZI-Pp3Q8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

sligeach wrote: »

Fantastic tip! I bought 2 because it worked out cheaper than buying a second fit meter for my boyfriend lol
    Also, we did buy a wii fit board from CEX, we checked online and it said our local CEX had 8 in stock, when we got there the guy said they had none and we insisted they go check because their site said they did, at which point they found a stack at the back of the shop, just incase anyone else is told there are none, worth double checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know if base.com are good for pre-orders? they have the nintendo select range for wii u up for pre order for £15.99 + £1.29 delivery to ireland. Link to Wind Waker HD : http://www.base.com/Games/Legend-of-Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-Selects-Wii-U/ZELWWHDSWIIU/product.htm?awc=2694_1458150373_b46e6608ab0d856bc1092100a7d543ec

The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess with Amiibo + Soundtrack is €51.79 delivered from Amazon France.
    Might save a couple of Euro

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B017XX1HO4

Time for a REAL bargain: Devil's Third is £14.99 on GAME's website.

Games_top wrote: »

Probably should have waited but I ordered it. I think it will go down to £10 eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Its a good price, but I'm determined to not just buy things cos they're cheap if I wouldn't enjoy them, so I'll give this one a miss.

I most likely won't open it but it's another one for the collection if nothing else. Just checked my bank account, it's €23, hhmmm, impulse buying, feck it.

Allyall wrote: »
    The Legend Of Zelda - Twilight Princess with Amiibo + Soundtrack is €51.79 delivered from Amazon France.
    Might save a couple of Euro

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B017XX1HO4

€51.79 isn't really a "bargain" imho?
    Games_top wrote: »

That's more like it!

This is the kinda pricing I'd expect to see in Nintendo bargain alerts! :)
    (carrying on from my previous posts about how it was odd the high priced items were considered bargains)

€51.79 isn't really a "bargain" imho?

That's more like it!

This is the kinda pricing I'd expect to see in Nintendo bargain alerts! :)
    (carrying on from my previous posts about how it was odd the high priced items were considered bargains)

:)
    €52 is cheaper than many other places (€65 in Smyths) - More of an 'option to look at before you buy' if you want. It's ~ €52 on Amazon UK but don't deliver to Ireland.

Devil's third has been down that price more often than not. I bought it at £12. - But don't get me wrong, it's still a great price.

I think it's okay to post them when they're available at a lower price for anyone that may have missed it the first/second time etc.

Base.com have some of the Wii U selects down to £15.99 and some of the 3DS Selects at £14.99
    http://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?search=%28selects%29

Allyall wrote: »
    Devil's third has been down that price more often than not. I bought it at £12. - But don't get me wrong, it's still a great price.

Ah right, I thought it might have dropped from £45 or something for a while.

So do we ever get 75 or 80% off titles as we do with Steam sales / Xbox Deals with Gold? (and then it shoots back up to 100% the following week)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think this thread has some sort of draconian rule of what does or doesn't constitute a bargain.
    A copy of anything for €10 less than normal is something many might want to hear about.
    Apparently Gameseek have TP:HD for €50, but I don't know what the postage might be.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't think this thread has some sort of draconian rule of what does or doesn't constitute a bargain.

I guess my point is that I haven't yet seen a posting about a huge 50 or 80% off newish titles, so just curious if the best bargain we can expect from Nintendo tends to be a few euro off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I guess my point is that I haven't yet seen a posting about a huge 50 or 80% off newish titles, so just curious if the best bargain we can expect from Nintendo tends to be a few euro off.

There have been some savage bargains in terms of Xenoblade Chronicles and it's sequel over the past month or two.
    Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D got a great discount.
    They do pop up from time to time, but you're right, Nintendo bargains can be a slight thing, as well as rare, particularly in terms of more recent releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There have been some savage bargains in terms of Xenoblade Chronicles and it's sequel over the past month or two.
    Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D got a great discount.
    They do pop up from time to time, but you're right, Nintendo bargains can be a slight thing, as well as rare, particularly in terms of more recent releases.

The Great Tesco Blitz of 2014 will forever be remembered. Metroid Prime Trilogy for €10? Yes please! :D

Oh that was good times, the tesco sale. Fire emblem, pokemon black and white 2, nintendogs, metroid, and it was all a fiver each.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Couple of gamestop stores have lego city undercover limited edition wii u for 19.99e

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=44188

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    The Great Tesco Blitz of 2014 will forever be remembered. Metroid Prime Trilogy for €10? Yes please! :D

Was it not €5? Reckon we will the likes of that again with Tesco. Most stores have a good few Nintendo titles sitting there and some even have WiiU stuff.

Tesco has final fantasy 3 DS sitting in there for going on 7 years now, still priced at 44.99 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Was it not €5? Reckon we will the likes of that again with Tesco. Most stores have a good few Nintendo titles sitting there and some even have WiiU stuff.

Mario tennis 3d marked 5 euro on the shelf, 1c at the till. Truly those were the golden days.

I don't think we'll see it again - the tend not to overprovision like they used to, except maybe on Lego and monster high dolls. Sure they're still trying to move umpteen copies if Stop Smoking DS, that Guitar playing app and all sorts of Imagine games 2 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »

I remember hearing about that sale and seeing Super Mario 3D Land for a tenner, had to pick it up even though I didn't have a 3DS at the time. Turned out to be a very expensive sale for me! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement