Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Super Mario Maker with art book for £25 + £2 P&P. That's about €35. Pretty good deal.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/super-mario-maker-wii-u.html?tduid=e1f2f7da008bbd0b7be2a823b56ed31c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Argos UK outlet on Ebay are selling manufacturer refurbished Wii U 32GB for €208.50 - May need parcel motel if going for it.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nintendo-Wii-U-32GB-Console-Black-/351562677020/

Allyall wrote: »

Yes, great deal. I bought one as I wanted the NFC reader for Hyrule Warriors on my 2DS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

bkrangle wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a bargain really but Senran Kagura: Burst is €9.99 for 3DS in gamestop.

It's sold out online but there's limited stock around the country.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%203DS/Games/45917/senran-kagura-burst

I would be too embarrassed buying that.

That's probably why it's rare online and there's a surplus amount going cheap in the bricks and mortar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Dead Or Alive: Dimensions on the 3ds is only €3.50 in argos cheap 3ds game be rude not to pick up a copy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was all set to scoff that that offer, but it actually has some excellent reviews.... cheers. Reserved. :)

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/dead-or-alive-dimensions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

All these offers, and I swore I wouldn't buy anything I wouldn't play, tis torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

DOA Dimensions is great fun - it's basically a 2 button fighting game with jiggly-bits, a nonsensical plot and an awesome 100 man knockout match that was worth it when I got it for a tenner and is an absolute steal at this price. However, it's at this kind of price point all the time and all over the place, so if you miss it this time don't despair too much.

By the way : Hatsune Miku Project Mirai is €20.19 on Rice Digital (link stolen from HUKD)
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hatsune-miku-project-mirai-plus-lanyard-3ds-14-25-ricedigital-2419663

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have it, SFIV and Tekken on the 3DS and have played none of them beyond a quick go before they get thrown onto the "not interesting enough" pile of handheld games. They don't even make it to the "interesting" game pile and certainly never make it into the pouch of games "likely to be played within the calendar year"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have it, SFIV and Tekken on the 3DS and have played none of them beyond a quick go before they get thrown onto the "not interesting enough" pile of handheld games. They don't even make it to the "interesting" game pile and certainly never make it into the pouch of games "likely to be played within the calendar year"

I think it is incredibly unfair to compare Tekken to the other two. I picked this up cheap to try to get into Tekken, and it was a huge mistake. It's just the Tekken 6 engine stripped out a better game and dropped onto handhelds. It is a featureless wasteland of zero content and zero interesting modes. I showed and loaned this to friends of mine who are huge Tekken fans and they openly laughed at how dreadful it is.

SSFIV and DOA are at least totally acceptable ports of their console games, with all modes intact and even a bunch of extra ones added on top.

SSFIV: Trophy lottery, Trophy streetpass battle, Over-the-shoulder-camera perspective, easy-input mode (one button ultras and supers are good fun)

DOA: Story mode that compresses the DOA story across multiple titles down to one mode, creepy picture taking mode

None of these are ground-breaking, but I think more content in a port is a great thing, and should be celebrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I used to never like fighting games til SFIV. Now I'm hooked, buying special controllers n all. So much fun to be had when you get into them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pretty sweet deal on Smyth's site right now
    A 2DS with Tomodachi Life, AC Happy Home Designer with the NFC reader plus an Animal Crossing Amiibo from a selection of four for €135.
    link

I picked up DOA on 3DS for €3.50. Brand new, spotless. Can't beat a price like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Did anybody else order Devil's Third from GAME back when the bargain was posted on St. Patrick's Day? My copy hasn't arrived yet. My last order with GAME must have been 2 years ago and I swore it would be my last. The game never arrived then and it was such a hassle getting a refund. Took well over a month and a half.

sligeach wrote: »
    Did anybody else order Devil's Third from GAME back when the bargain was posted on St. Patrick's Day? My copy hasn't arrived yet. My last order with GAME must have been 2 years ago and I swore it would be my last. The game never arrived then and it was such a hassle getting a refund. Took well over a month and a half.

If it has not showed up in a week ring your bank and get a charge back on your card easiest thing to do. Just say there refusing to give you your money back and bobs your uncle money back on card.

If it has not showed up in a week ring your bank and get a charge back on your card easiest thing to do. Just say there refusing to give you your money back and bobs your uncle money back on card.

They would give me my money back. It's just that I had to wait 45 days as it was their policy. My order was an international order. I tried arguing that we both live in the EU, I live just away the water but still had to wait. And I think I got the cost of the game back but not the £3 postage charge.

sligeach wrote: »
    They would give me my money back. It's just that I had to wait 45 days as it was their policy. My order was an international order. I tried arguing that we both live in the EU, I live just away the water but still had to wait. And I think I got the cost of the game back but not the £3 postage charge.

You don't have to wait 45 days say to them i will just do a charge back on my card if you don't refund now and they will right away.

I have done it with crowds before its grand.

BOI are very good for refunds

Splatoon is €26.99 plus €1.74 for shipping on base.com.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/splatoon-wii-u/dgc-splatoonwiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

http://www.amazon.fr/Console-Nintendo-Fire-Emblem-Fates/dp/B01CNMJT6S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1459113243&sr=8-7&keywords=New+3ds+xl

Am I misunderstanding or is this the fire emblem fates special edition plus a new 3ds xl for 200? Seems a bit too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

http://www.amazon.fr/Console-Nintendo-Fire-Emblem-Fates/dp/B01CNMJT6S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1459113243&sr=8-7&keywords=New+3ds+xl

Am I misunderstanding or is this the fire emblem fates special edition plus a new 3ds xl for 200? Seems a bit too good to be true

Don't think that comes with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I would definitely think its just the console itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Pseudorandom

Aaah seemed wrong. I will say that saying :nformation : "le pack contient uniquement la console New Nintendo 3DS XL + Fire Emblem Fates - édition speciale." is a tad misleading, but my bad for not paying attention to "Aucun jeu n'est inclus". For some reason though aucun was other :/

Thanks guys - hyrule edition it is :)

Where is the cheapest NEW 3DS XL? I'm not pushed on colour and I have a charger.

alekito wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest NEW 3DS XL? I'm not pushed on colour and I have a charger.
    Have a look on Curiua and Skinflint

Amazon UK/FR/DE/IT/ES have warehouse deals "Like New" that are excellent, not sure they are included in the two sites above, and some saying Amazon France and Germany are the cheapest for that.

Allyall wrote: »
    Have a look on Curiua and Skinflint

Amazon UK/FR/DE/IT/ES have warehouse deals "Like New" that are excellent, not sure they are included in the two sites above, and some saying Amazon France and Germany are the cheapest for that.

Thanks. I found one on Amazon.fr for €160 + €15 delivery. Which is €175. Not bad. But anyway I can save the delivery ;) some European Parcel motel?

alekito wrote: »
    Thanks. I found one on Amazon.fr for €160 + €15 delivery. Which is €175. Not bad. But anyway I can save the delivery ;) some European Parcel motel?

Going to just have to pay the post as there is no EU parcel motel i can think of sadly :(.

But still €175 is crazy cheap compare to what you pay in gamestop here of 250 with a crap 20 euro game.

Going to just have to pay the post as there is no EU parcel motel i can think of sadly :(.

But still €175 is crazy cheap compare to what you pay in gamestop here of 250 with a crap 20 euro game.

True enough. €175 is a good price. I think the cheapest I saw here is Smyths at €240. Or second hand in CEX for €210.

I'll check and see if there is another deal for games on amazon France so I can bundle together and save ;)

• Advertisement

At this point there should be a dedicated thread to hardware prices, there seem to be so many questions coming in asking the same thing, but day by day there's a different answer as the deals run out or are introduced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement