Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's a lot of 10 Wii U games on Ebay Ireland.
    $_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Wii-U-Games-Mario-Splatoon-Bayonetta-Smash-Bros-Zelda-Donkey-Kong-/252342402008?hash=item3ac0c77bd8:g:9SYAAOSwud1XATmr

They're only posting to Ireland so less competition. it's only at €80 right now(plus €10 postage) and they're all quality games so somebody here might be interested in the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Jaysus, thanks Sligeach. Out of all of those, I only have Smash Bros.
    This would be a great auction to win.

Ya it's a really nice collection of games. They're also selling a Wii U with MK8 pre installed, a Wii U Pro controller and the gamepad has the larger capacity battery. Might be worth keeping an eye on also.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Wii-U-32GB-Black-Gamepad-Has-Bigger-Battery-Official-Nintendo-Controller-Pro-/252342400872?hash=item3ac0c77768:g:rmkAAOSwbwlXATuM

There's bargains there from time to time from Irish sellers. Resident Evil: Revelations on Wii U sold yesterday for €7.25 including postage.

I feel like a few of us were fighting each other on this ebay listing lol, price got up to 105 last time I checked.

It was supposed to finish at around half 7 tomorrow evening, but the dude has cancelled both his auctions now.

I feel like a few of us were fighting each other on this ebay listing lol, price got up to 105 last time I checked.

It was supposed to finish at around half 7 tomorrow evening, but the dude has cancelled both his auctions now.

Maybe they were worried that the bids weren't high enough. They've now relisted the console with 6 games for €300.

Nintendo Land is €16.07 including postage on Base.com.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/nintendo-land-wii-u/dgc-nilwiiu.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sligeach wrote: »
    Maybe they were worried that the bids weren't high enough. They've now relisted the console with 6 games for €300.

Nintendo Land is €16.07 including postage on Base.com.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/nintendo-land-wii-u/dgc-nilwiiu.htm

In fairness if you would win that game lot for 200eu that is one dm great deal.
    I cam really see in near future wii u and games for it being a very valuable collectors and gamers item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

In fairness if you would win that game lot for 200eu that is one dm great deal.

I hadn't resolved in my head how high I was willing to go on that bidding, but since I only own 2 Wii U games, I was pretty excited to try and win the lot.

Disappointed it got cancelled, that would have been a fantastic start to my collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Allyall wrote: »

Handy if you just want the Amiibo figure

Animal Crossing amiibo Festival with Isabelle and Digby amiibo and amiibo Card Pack Wii U is back in stock in Game for £14.99 + Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard/An Post thing.

Not the cheapest it's been but not bad. I think it might work out to around €24-€25 Delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That animal crossing game has got slashed in price everywhere.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That animal crossing game has got slashed in price everywhere.

It should get slashed in more ways than one. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wait a minute - are you suggesting that Nintendo are releasing "A Nightmare In New Leaf : Animal Crossing Unleashed"? On Wii U? An inversion of both the cutesy life-lite sim and the Survival Horror genre in which you play a migrant fruit picker, fisherman and bug catcher who stalks and brutally murders hundreds of anthropomorphic innocents in an idyllic randomized pastoral village?

And it has Amiibo support?

Hot dog!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently, instead of arriving on a train your character rises from the water, before Tom Nook sells him a lair to complete your blood soaked vengence, yours in only 60 easy payments and with customisable decor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    Wait a minute - are you suggesting that Nintendo are releasing "A Nightmare In New Leaf : Animal Crossing Unleashed"? On Wii U? An inversion of both the cutesy life-lite sim and the Survival Horror genre in which you play a migrant fruit picker, fisherman and bug catcher who stalks and brutally murders hundreds of anthropomorphic innocents in an idyllic randomized pastoral village?

And it has Amiibo support?

Hot dog!

I'd pitch a tent for that.

Edit: What I mean is, I would wait in line overnight and sleep in a tent. Not become sexually aroused by animated animal serial killings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not sure if this qualifies as a Bargain or not, but I picked up Black Flag in Gamestop (boooo, boooooooooo) the other day for €4.97.

I'm happy enough with that. Not a fan of Assassins Creed, but I've heard Black Flag is more of an ARRRRRrrr'em'up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I see what you did there.

I got black flag on games 360 free about 6 months or so ago.

Hated the first couple of games despite their ridiculous following.

Keep meaning to give black flag a go though as well its pirates. Who doesn't love pirates!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

but I've heard Black Flag is more of an ARRRRRrrr'em'up.

Loved II on 360, but couldn't stand III on WiiU (which made me very sad).

But this sentence alone will make me pick Black Flag up.

Depends on what you didn't like about III - if it was the way the plot kept going long after you'd seen everything the game had to offer, or the way you went to explore the countryside only to find ridiculous artificial limiters on your range, or the myriad of collectables that saturated your ability to give a crap, or that there simply weren't enough bears for you to leap from your horse onto the head of, daggers akimbo, then you may find the same problems evident in this game. There are no -REPEAT! NO! - ships full of bears on the high seas.

They have reduced the reliance on a ridiculous low-end sci-fi framework (it's now a game within a game instead of The Quest For The Magic Apple), and there aren't quite so many plot-progress-restricted barriers, and there's less of that bizarre messiah complex shoehorning you into every major historical event that ever took place. I still can't catch a feckin' whale, and I've forgotten what the game wants me to do and where it wants me to do it but sailing the high seas in search of merchantmen to loot is all the game it ever needed to be.

• Advertisement

StarFox Zero is on Gameseek to preorder for ~€34.95. They take the money when you order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Allyall wrote: »

I would recommend PS4 or PC versions of this; had 2.0 on WiiU and the performance is fairly tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-land-wii-u.html

Nintendoland is £11.99 delivered from The Game Collection, works out at around €15.

Both £12.86 (~€16.21) in Shotpo + Shipping £3 = ~€20 Delivered EACH.

Mario and Luigi Dream Team Bros | 3DS

Mario Golf World Tour | 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

bkrangle wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll be getting xenoblade at that price

I am trying it myself. Annoying thing is the price. :) it does not put you in sweet spot for delivery so it slams delivery charge.
    I am thinking of getting code name steam too, but it brings it to 39eu, xenoblades on its own 35eu.
    Any ideas a 1 pound item from Amazon so I could just get xenoblades with free delivery. :)

Pound rate is 1.3 with Amazon too.

Edit: Bought Xenoblades and ps3 charger cable as "someone" lost it. So all came to 24£ or 29eu. Happy out.

So thank you for a bargain alert, was planing on picking it up, but I doubt I will play it any time soon as I am still busy with MH4. If we know one thing about Nintendo games, its that you need to pick them up on good deals as they pop up. The older Nintendo games become, they go up in price, not down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I am trying it myself. Annoying thing is the price. :) it does not put you in sweet spot for delivery so it slams delivery charge.
    I am thinking of getting code name steam too, but it brings it to 39eu, xenoblades on its own 35eu.
    Any ideas a 1 pound item from Amazon so I could just get xenoblades with free delivery. :)

Pound rate is 1.3 with Amazon too.

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/default.aspx

• Advertisement

Wright wrote: »
    I would recommend PS4 or PC versions of this; had 2.0 on WiiU and the performance is fairly tragic.

It's still falling, was 17-ish this morning.
    Anyway, my point is that the PC version of this is free, but comes with no characters or playsets. You unlock those with the code cards that come in the playsets / starter sets / single character packs.

What I'm saying is, if you buy the Wii U version of Infinity 3.0 you are also buying the Anakin and Ahsoka characters and playset for the PC version. Plus you get statues to stick beside your Amiibo and wonder the great what if : ...there were a game that supported all the statues?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement