Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Are the Selects available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

budgemook wrote: »
    Are the Selects available anywhere?

They're €25 in Smyths or just under €24 including delivery on thegamecollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

sligeach wrote: »
    They're €25 in Smyths or just under €24 including delivery on thegamecollection.

Thanks. Seem to be out of stock in Smyths. Might just get one from eshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

budgemook wrote: »
    Thanks. Seem to be out of stock in Smyths. Might just get one from eshop.

They're also on Base.com for cheap enough - http://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?search=wii+u+selects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

If you buy Mario Tennis for Wii U on Amazon you can choose a free amiibo (choice of 6). This weekend only.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=10020229031&tag=ho01f-21

I think if you add something else in and go above £20 you get free delivery (I ordered a case for 3DS). Mario Tennis isn't great but that is not a bad deal!!

^^
    Offer ends on Saturday April 30th at midnight

They're doing a more expensive version in Smyths too - http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/mario-tennis-ultra-smash-wii-u-free-amiibo/

I reluctantly bought it and the Luigi amiibo. I've no intention of ever playing it but the price was fair. So annoying that Nintendo never bothered making a decent game out of this or the other abomination, AC: AF. Now look at them, in the bargain bin less than 6 months later. Not often that happens to Nintendo titles. Why anybody would pay Smyths more than double, I don't know.

I reluctantly bought it and the Luigi amiibo. I've no intention of ever playing it but the price was fair. So annoying that Nintendo never bothered making a decent game out of this or the other abomination, AC: AF. Now look at them, in the bargain bin less than 6 months later. Not often that happens to Nintendo titles. Why anybody would pay Smyths more than double, I don't know.

It's not a bad price. I will probably play it with all the special shots and powers turned off. At the core might be a decent tennis game. The free Amiibo certainly sweetness the deal. The Smyths price is crazy!! €50!

Nice to see the Nintendo Selects launched yesterday. I downloaded Zelda Wind Waker. For €25 it's decent.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »

Thanks. I guess €15 for the amiibo and €30 for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I reluctantly bought it and the Luigi amiibo. I've no intention of ever playing it but the price was fair.

Was it cheaper to buy the amiibo with the game, than buying the amiibo without?

Just curious why you got the game when you didn't want to play it, or is the plan to sell the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

What Ultra Smash does it does well. It looks great and it plays really well. There's just so little depth to it.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Was it cheaper to buy the amiibo with the game, than buying the amiibo without?

Just curious why you got the game when you didn't want to play it, or is the plan to sell the game?

No the plan is for them to gather dust like so much that I buy, the game is an addition to my Wii U collection. The amiibo won't be opened either as I've no interest in them. Kinda regretting the purchase, well mixed thoughts after reading IGN's and NintendoWorldReport's reviews, 4.8 and 3.5 respectively. I guess I'd forgotten how bad it is.

Off on a tangent, I don't have an 8 bit Bowser skin in SMM, maybe I should have bought him. I'm about halfway through Expert Mode on 100 Mario Challenge and I've 80 odd lives left. On a previous run I'd 35 lives with 3 levels left but never finished it. Hopefully this time and this will be my first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

No the plan is for them to gather dust like so much that I buy, the game is an addition to my Wii U collection. The amiibo won't be opened either as I've no interest in them. Kinda regretting the purchase, well mixed thoughts after reading IGN's and NintendoWorldReport's reviews, 4.8 and 3.5 respectively. I guess I'd forgotten how bad it is.

Ah the allure of getting a bargain always wins out. Been there too many times. That's why I don't do Steam sales any longer, ended up buying about 300 games on PC and I've only played about 10 of em ;)

Cex will give you €15 for the game to make back most of the purchase price and then keep the amiibo in its box and it will be a collectors item in 20 years but will look cool on your shelf in the meantime!

I don't know how much of a bargain this works out at, or even whether or not it does, I haven't checked shipping or compared prices, but Amazon France are currently doing a 3DS promo.
    Buy any two games from a selection, and get New Super Mario Bros. 2 free download code for 3DS. I couldn't see it on Amazon UK

https://www.amazon.fr/b/ref=gbps_img_s-3_5927_fb9a97c7?node=9981742031

It doesn't seem that great, but may suit someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megas

Anybody know anywhere selling yo-kai watch for cheaper than 45e incl shipping at smyths/gamestop?

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS HD (WII U) is £24.95 on thegamecollection.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-wii-u.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hi there folks, not a regular Nintendo player but I've become increasingly interested in getting my hands on the "New" Nintendo 3DS (namely an XL one), but I'm not willing to spend the €230-240 that most retailers are currently demanding for it, mainly because I already spend too much on games and consoles in general... :o

Are there any bargains out there for the XL one? Or should we expect a price drop soon enough, seeing as it's been out in Asia for over 18 months?

I had my eye on the standard sized one on Adverts which amazingly comes with 3 Zelda games that I've always wanted to play, but I would prefer the two bigger screens if they came at the right price as I'm too used to playing portable games on my Vita's display. That Adverts ad has me tempted though!

Nailz wrote: »
    Hi there folks, I'm not willing to spend the €230-240

The Zelda New 3DS XL was on Amazon.de for €175 last week, not sure if it is still.
    You will definitely get a good deal on Amazon Warehouse Deals (Germany usually) for example http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B012YMAFGA/

Or on Ebay.de search new 3ds xl and apply to ebay.ie. Many of them deliver to Ireland.

A *sort of* Nintendo BA..

Retrolink N64 Style Classic Controller For Raspberry Pi/PC/Mac - *Ahemulator*
    for €10.85 using code GAME11 - http://www.banggood.com/Retrolink-N64-Style-Classic-Controller-For-PC-and-MAC-USB-Gray-Color-p-912788.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Amazon.it have the new 3ds xl for €170. I think delivery is €10. I've only used Amazon.fr myself but had no problems.

http://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=3ds+xl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That price just redecilous. We are getting shafted here so badly on 3ds prices.

Tempted just order 3ds xl new, do data transfer and trade in my 3ds in cex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Very tempted for that price, haven't upgraded my 3DS since I got it at launch but since the kids "lost" it on me 2 months ago, I'm tempted to get a new one. Anyone knows if there is much hassle moving games tied to your account if you can't locate the original console?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

RedXIV wrote: »
    Very tempted for that price, haven't upgraded my 3DS since I got it at launch but since the kids "lost" it on me 2 months ago, I'm tempted to get a new one. Anyone knows if there is much hassle moving games tied to your account if you can't locate the original console?

Nintendo doesn't do tied to your account, its tied to your console. You'd need said lost console to transfer your stuff over to the new one.

Thanks lads, you're a helpful bunch! You may see more of me around here with good bargains like that. :)

Edit: Trying to get through checkout for that cheap New 3DS XL but apparently that particular product has restricted shipping, mainly to Italy and it's related sovereigns (i.e. Vatican & San Marino). Is there any other in which I can try and get it shipped to Ireland? I was trying to find any similar services to ParcelMotel, AddressPal, and DPD Parcel Wizard for shipping from Italy but wasn't able to find anything myself, of course the price of shipping would need to make the price worthwhile as well.

Probably very doubtful, ah well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nintendo support can, in some cases, help recover accounts and purchases to a new 3DS. Worth contacting them to determine if they can do it for you. I think this usually applies where an old one has broken, but it'd be worth a try. You may need serial numbers etc. though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

RedXIV wrote: »

Contact support, they send you a form, you fill it out, they transfer your account. Can take a matter of hours but allow a day or two.

You need the serial numbers of the new and old handsets. It's on a barcode on the base of the handset and on the box it came in on the old 3DS.

Note - this just means that your NNID is connected to the new handset. Your data and save games are still on the old SD card, associated with the old handset and I don't know if you can transfer them across. I had a quick go and it did not work out well. You definitely have to re-download all the games again, and trying to get them to use the old game data resulted in a lot of corrupt data warnings.

Edit : It's call the "NNID Unlink form" - it asks you for your name, NNID, NNID email, D.o.B., Previous serial, new 3DS/WiiU serial, Reason and 3 recent digital purchases.

Pre-installed titles do not move when you do this.
    Wii Mode purchases don't move if it's a WiiU.
    And I've just noticed, there is a "your save data will be lost" warning at the bottom of it. Son of a bitch. So many pokemons... gone...

Thanks lads, you're a helpful bunch! You may see more of me around here with good bargains like that. :)

Edit: Trying to get through checkout for that cheap New 3DS XL but apparently that particular product has restricted shipping, mainly to Italy and it's related sovereigns (i.e. Vatican & San Marino). Is there any other in which I can try and get it shipped to Ireland? I was trying to find any similar services to ParcelMotel, AddressPal, and DPD Parcel Wizard for shipping from Italy but wasn't able to find anything myself, of course the price of shipping would need to make the price worthwhile as well.

New 3DS XL is on Ebay.de for €145 - If you change the .de to .ie it says "may not deliver to Ireland".
    Yoiu can contact the seller. If they don't, you can use mailboxde.com - I've used them a few times, the most expensive item to ship so far was a Desktop PC which was €23.

• Advertisement

Saw this on eBay, €175 inc. delivery from Germany, may go with this one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-metallic-schwarz-/252362349043?hash=item3ac1f7d9f3:g:fHEAAOSwlfxXF7WS

Edit: Haha, snap. :P
    Allyall wrote: »
    New 3DS XL is on Ebay.de for €145 - If you change the .de to .ie it says "may not deliver to Ireland".
    Yoiu can contact the seller. If they don't, you can use mailboxde.com - I've used them a few times, the most expensive item to ship so far was a Desktop PC which was €23.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement