Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nailz wrote: »
    Saw this on eBay, €175 inc. delivery from Germany, may go with this one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Nintendo-3DS-XL-metallic-schwarz-/252362349043?hash=item3ac1f7d9f3:g:fHEAAOSwlfxXF7WS

Edit: Haha, snap. :P

Just to point out - the one you linked is used, the other one is new. Also, shipping may be cheaper from German link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Missed that, thanks! :) Will go with yours so. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Do ye reckon these Nintendo selects will lower in price much, or do they generally always stay around 20? Wanna pick up the New Super Mario and Donkey Kong. Why aren't we getting Pikmin 3 like the US? I'm assuming US discs don't work on the EU Wii U?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Do ye reckon these Nintendo selects will lower in price much, or do they generally always stay around 20? Wanna pick up the New Super Mario and Donkey Kong. Why aren't we getting Pikmin 3 like the US? I'm assuming US discs don't work on the EU Wii U?

They'll likely stay around €25. No, U.S discs won't work on a European Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks lads, you're a helpful bunch! You may see more of me around here with good bargains like that. :)

Edit: Trying to get through checkout for that cheap New 3DS XL but apparently that particular product has restricted shipping, mainly to Italy and it's related sovereigns (i.e. Vatican & San Marino). Is there any other in which I can try and get it shipped to Ireland? I was trying to find any similar services to ParcelMotel, AddressPal, and DPD Parcel Wizard for shipping from Italy but wasn't able to find anything myself, of course the price of shipping would need to make the price worthwhile as well.

Probably very doubtful, ah well...

When I originally posted the amazon.it link it said postage was €9.90 to Ireland so that's why i said i thought it was a tenner for postage. I've ordered from amazon.fr before but that's also now saying it doesn't deliver to Ireland so I'm not sure what the craic is. My apologies. There's bound to be a way around it.

Edit: Just checked again. They deliver here for €9.90. 4-7 working days.

http://www.amazon.it/gp/aag/details/?ie=UTF8&seller=A1WU3K4JDI8B77&pop-up=1#rates

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    When I originally posted the amazon.it link it said postage was €9.90 to Ireland so that's why i said i thought it was a tenner for postage. I've ordered from amazon.fr before but that's also now saying it doesn't deliver to Ireland so I'm not sure what the craic is. My apologies. There's bound to be a way around it.
    Ah man it's no trouble at all, thanks a million for your help in the first place! Sounds strange enough to be honest the way it changed just like that, must be an Amazon initiative maybe?

Ah man it's no trouble at all, thanks a million for your help in the first place! Sounds strange enough to be honest the way it changed just like that, must be an Amazon initiative maybe?

It's saying now that they do deliver. Very odd. See my edit in the post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Banjo wrote: »
    Contact support, they send you a form, you fill it out, they transfer your account. Can take a matter of hours but allow a day or two.

You need the serial numbers of the new and old handsets. It's on a barcode on the base of the handset and on the box it came in on the old 3DS.

That's the type of ridiculousness that I'd love to see eradicated on the NX. Everything needs to be tied to an account, not bloody hardware. MS & Sony got this right a decade ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Myrddin wrote: »
    That's the type of ridiculousness that I'd love to see eradicated on the NX. Everything needs to be tied to an account, not bloody hardware. MS & Sony got this right a decade ago.

At the moment, this Nintendo system of doing everything console bound, not account bound is the reason I am not upgrading from 3ds new to 3ds xl.
    I can get one from eBay for 180eu delivered, trade my 3ds and vita in cex and I have upgraded without spending a penny. I have already all accounts tied in with this 3ds amd by the looks of it it's a pain in hole to do transfer.
    I already lost digital version of monster hunter 3, because it was console bound, not account... Sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The transfer process is actually pretty easy when you have both to hand, but yeah, these things should be account based already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

So if your DS is stolen, I assume your screwed unless their CS is in good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So if your DS is stolen, I assume your screwed unless their CS is in good form

That happened to me before NNIDs were introduced. Six months of back and forth trying to get Gardaí to give me paperwork they didn't gave and all sorts of crap. And I happened to have the serial number of the missing handset. Ninty UK had to clear every minute decision with a higher power in France or Germany. So by their own standards this primative form is leaps and bounds ahead of where the 3ds used to be.

Do preinstalled games not transfer when you do a standard system transfer? That is so pointlessly restrictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    Do preinstalled games not transfer when you do a standard system transfer? That is so pointlessly restrictive.

From what I understand they didn't used to, but do now: I couldn't transfer any software that was pre-installed on my DSi XL to my 3DS when I made that leap.

But that has changed recently. I did more comprehensive research into it Feb last year, but I purchased a N3DS XL with Monster Hunter 4U pre-installed and I would not have done that unless I was 100% sure I can transfer it onto future consoles.

Allyall wrote: »
    New 3DS XL is on Ebay.de for €145 - If you change the .de to .ie it says "may not deliver to Ireland".
    Yoiu can contact the seller. If they don't, you can use mailboxde.com - I've used them a few times, the most expensive item to ship so far was a Desktop PC which was €23.

I contacted the seller and they said they do deliver to Ireland but only by ordering through autosound.com. I can't see a 3ds on the site.

I contacted the seller and they said they do deliver to Ireland but only by ordering through autosound.com. I can't see a 3ds on the site.
    Did they give any indication as to what the cost of delivery to Ireland may be?

Did they give any indication as to what the cost of delivery to Ireland may be?

No, they just directed me to that site.

France definitely deliver to here. I know it's not the bargain that some others are but still €60 cheaper than here before delivery.

https://www.amazon.fr/Console-New-Nintendo-3DS-XL/dp/B00S84TMZE?ie=UTF8&ascsubtag=bbada589c2b7b7f00409dc3939ce953d_S&ref_=dra_a_rv_lb_hn_xx_P1400_1000&tag=dradisplay0c-21

Edit: Delivery is €8 + €2 per kilo.

Is their website not - https://www.euronics.com/

Anyway, for shipping from Germany, I usually use mailboxde.com. Something like a 3DS XL delivered would only be around €11 with UPS. I find it very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

15% off all games at Rakuten. Including Nintendo selects. Most are sold out now. But you can get Lego Uncovered Wii U for £13.60. Wind Waker there. Resdent Evil Revelations for £10.76. Some great bargains there!

Code is MAYDAY

Also should work on the New 3DS Xl for £135. If you join Quidco and click through on them you get another 3.5% and they give you Rakuten points (I bought a 3DS console and got £7 of points and used them against a game - result!)

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/?l-id=gb_checkout_complete_logo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

Nintendo EU and USA humble bundle
    mix of wiiU and 3DS
    We've teamed up with Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for an all new Nintendo Wii U and 3DS bundle.
    Features Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Darksiders II, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and more -- plus get an exclusive Retro City Rampage: DX 3DS theme!

https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble_Friends_Of_Nintendo_Bundle

in case anyone is wandering these codes do not give you points towards my nintendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

jos22 wrote: »

I dunno about anyone else, but I played a bit of Citizens of Earth, and I thought it was highly amusing.

Can't speak for any of the rest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice.... Have a few of them already though. Will wait to see what the other games are first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Only have Affordable Space Adventures from that bunch so I'm snapping that up!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

Pity about the selection, but good to see another one of these. Hopefully they continue. Would it have killed Nintendo to include some of their first party minis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

DublinBust wrote: »
    Pity about the selection, but good to see another one of these. Hopefully they continue. Would it have killed Nintendo to include some of their first party minis?

Yes. It would bankrupt them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have codes for Shantae's Curse and Affordable Space Adventures on Wii U.

I will PM them to a random person who thanks this post in an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

I have darksiders 2 code to any regular here that wants it.

Edit: gone to da gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

I have darksiders 2 code to any regular here that wants it.

I'll take it if your not using it thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

da gamer wrote: »
    I'll take it if your not using it thanks

I'll pm it to you shortly.

Edit: sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement