Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 michaelc4739

Also have a darksiders 2 code. Already own a physical copy, if anyone wants it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Have codes for Shantae's Curse and Affordable Space Adventures on Wii U.

I will PM them to a random person who thanks this post in an hour.

Sweetie wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Also have a darksiders 2 code. Already own a physical copy, if anyone wants it

Yes please!

Edit: Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yes please!

Edit: Thanks a million!

You've got a beaut of a game there. I'll give away my extra codes once I figure out what to do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got the email myself and invested, nice deal.
    Looking forward to seeing what they might add to the bundle, hopefully some surprises!

• Advertisement

So can I go for the middle tier and upgrade to top tier next week if there's better games by paying the difference? I already own Darksiders II.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is top tier Darksiders 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you go middle tier (Beat the average), you'll get the extra games as well.

But you're right about just having to pay the difference to get the top tier later if you change your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Is Darksiders 2 good on the Wii U? No issues with the graphics? Been tempted to try it on some console and the off-tv play would let me get through it while the rest of the family do their own thing.

Is top tier Darksiders 2?

Yep. $13 or more for it and Street Fighter IV 3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

How/where are ye getting the codes lads?

https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu

And FYI, the other games/items are usually revealed in the second week so be next Monday or Tuesday

da gamer wrote: »
    How/where are ye getting the codes lads?

Codes for individual games are sent to your e-mail address, then go to the eShop, click on balance and again on Nintendo eShop card and enter the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

sligeach wrote: »
    Codes for individual games are sent to your e-mail address, then go to the eShop, click on balance and again on Nintendo eShop card and enter the code.

And you are getting the codes from the humble bundle store?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yep. $13 or more for it and Street Fighter IV 3D

Sorted if they add new stuff :cool: that retro city game is really fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

But if you buy the humble bundle, after payment you get the option of either entering the codes or just clicking on through to your Ninty account. If you've linked your 3DS and Wii U to a Nintendo account, there is no need to enter any codes. Just click and register for each of the games.

The only one you actually have to have the console and have to enter a code is the 3DS Retro City Rampage theme, where you have to go to the Theme Shop on the console itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

By the way, if anyone wants Shantae and Affordable Space Adventures (both on Wii U), I can pass those codes on. I have both of already. (Gone!)

Brilliant deal for owners of both consoles. I'm not sure what kind of numbers Bundles normally generate, but it does seeming to be selling very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

druss wrote: »
    By the way, if anyone wants Shantae and Affordable Space Adventures (both on Wii U), I can pass those codes on. I have both of already.

I would please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Where are all these unwanted codes coming from? Do you get free codes when buying games or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

So now in the aftermath of Nintendo's predictably disastrous shareholders meeting, I now need to find a WiiU. Which are way overpriced because of 'bundled' 'games' (i.e. single use codes).

Any other Nintendo fans feel like abused spouses sometimes?

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Where are all these unwanted codes coming from? Do you get free codes when buying games or something?
    https://www.humblebundle.com/friends-of-nintendo-3ds-wiiu

And FYI, the other games/items are usually revealed in the second week so be next Monday or Tuesday

Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Here

Oh right thanks.

I thought the Nintendo humble bundles weren't available outside US. I guess they learned from last time.

Bargain of the week in CEX. And the Select version no less. They mustn't have got the memo.
    ChEM-j8U4AAe5Zk.jpg

Better hurry while stock lasts because they've only got 7 copies, 6 of which are the Select copy.
    ChEQi_aU4AAcXMs.jpg

And see that copy of New Super Luigi U at the bottom? That'll only set you back €45. And what's that? You want it in its original green case? Ha ha, no chance, you can have this generic black case.

The list was endless, XCX was €50, a secondhand copy. I bought the Collector's Edition at launch for that price.

There were bargains everywhere in town today. Gamestop were worse. CEX in fairness can be very good sometimes.

1 good thing was I got my Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bargain of the week in CEX. And the Select version no less. They mustn't have got the memo.

Better hurry while stock lasts because they've only got 7 copies, 6 of which are the Select copy.

How much was the Super Luigi U? €50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm guessing whoever traded them in made a nice profit.

Allyall wrote: »
    How much was the Super Luigi U? €50?

€45 but it was scruffy and in a generic black case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Sarn wrote: »
    I'm guessing whoever traded them in made a nice profit.

Only if they traded for vouchers (€32).
    Cash - €26.

I found it strange that they'd 6 copies already of the Select version. It's out what, 2 weeks?

Guessing as was said, ones picked it up to trade it in when saw they could profit from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What CEX charge for a lot of stuff I don't know if there's much value in trade ins to be had.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement