Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone know of a good place to get Kirby Robobot with the Amiibo come June 10th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good place to get Kirby Robobot with the Amiibo come June 10th?

Funny feeling that will come down in price a good bit after release. Well, that's what I'm hoping anyway.
    Only fire emblem fates of the 3ds big boxes sold out quickly and link between worlds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Don't know if I'd classify it as a good deal but it's €50 in Smyths or just under €50 delivered from base.com.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/kirby-planet-robobot-with-kirby-series-kirby-amiibo-nintendo-3ds-wii-u/dgc-kirbyrobobot.htm

If you're feeling generous you could give Gamestop €70.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo 3DS/Games/57756/kirby-planet-robobot

The cheek of them(as usual).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see it in Smyth's, that's perfect!
    Sure, by the time I pay the €44 and Parcel Motel fees it won't be far off the Smyth's price, I'll just get it here.
    Smashing...
    Loved Triple Deluxe, delighted to see a sequel on the mighty 3DS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

€70 in Gamestop!! That's a disgraceful price. Rip-off Ireland as usual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks like fire emblem games are 45eu in smyths. Good price. Wonder if I better pre order for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Remember when we used to get real bargains in here. Good times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Slightly tangental, but does anyone know what the Eshop watchlist actually does? Asking about 3DS specifically but wondering about both in general.

I added Shovelknight to my watch list, because when Sligeach posted about it going on sale, the shop hadn't been updated yet, so I figured:

"Ah I'll add that to my watchlist, and when it goes on sale, I'll probably get a spotpass notification or something."

But no. Nothing. It went on sale, didn't notify me, and I might have missed it if I wasn't determined to regularly check the stupid slow eshop.

Makes me wonder if I've missed sales on the Sega 3D classics I've been holding out for (Streets of Rage 2, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 2) and what the point of the stupid watchlist is at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The watchlist is there because the team of marmosets that designed it were given a checklist of functions that had to exist in some form, and Watchlist was on there. It gives you a list of shortcuts to access game pages. But you can't jump to it conveniently and I don't think it shows the prices so it's quicker to keep a list on a piece of paper and search for them occasionally. And keep an eye on the eShop thread, Sligeach or Mr E will update it of a monday with the list of discounts that'll show up on Thursday.

• Advertisement

alekito wrote: »
    €70 in Gamestop!! That's a disgraceful price. Rip-off Ireland as usual!

To make matters worse it's £43 in the UK which is less than €55.

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Nintendo 3DS/Games/57191/kirby-planet-robobot-and-kirby-amiibo

Want to complain about it? Don't bother, this is the reply you'll get.
    Hi XXXX

Thank you for contacting GameStop online support

I am sorry to hear that you do not like shopping with us and i can advise that prices are due to the different markets and currency exchanges

I will however pass your concerns onto the correct department and let them know

If I can assist you with anything else please don't hesitate in contacting me again

Kind Regards

Laura | Northern Europe Customer Service Team Leader

Banjo wrote: »
    The watchlist is there because .....marmosets

That's what I was afraid of. I guess it's just a shortcut to an overview of games you've expressed an interest in.

Why I DO get spotpass notifications for nonsense like New Badge Arcade badges (after I've already played that day and seen them), but don't get spotpass notifications for shop sales honestly boggles my mind.

I hope I haven't missed those Sega 3D Classics games being on sale because I wasn't checking boards.ie enough.
    Banjo wrote: »
    keep an eye on the eShop thread, Sligeach or Mr E will update it of a monday with the list of discounts that'll show up on Thursday.

Watching boards seems to be the best available way, but it's hardly ideal.

I way prefer having a system of news delivery involving as many primary sources as possible.

"Primary source" and "Nintendo" however are two words that don't go well together.

sligeach wrote: »

Want to complain about it? Don't bother, this is the reply you'll get.

I'm not really sure what you wanted them to say in this situation? The reply you got seemed like the only thing they could really say to you (That's without knowing what you actually wrote too).

That price on Kirby Planet Robobot with the Amiibo is likely to be a placeholder.
    Even if it isn't sure there's plenty of Smyth's around to get it for a lot less or online.
    That's the thing, Gamestop can charge what they like, you have the choice of not shopping here.

I'm not really sure what you wanted them to say in this situation? The reply you got seemed like the only thing they could really say to you (That's without knowing what you actually wrote too).

It was the same situation with Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition. I wrote to them, expected that nothing reply and that's what I got. There's no valid reason for us paying 20% or more than UK customers.

That price on Kirby Planet Robobot with the Amiibo is likely to be a placeholder.
    Even if it isn't sure there's plenty of Smyth's around to get it for a lot less or online.
    That's the thing, Gamestop can charge what they like, you have the choice of not shopping here.

I know but with the Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition it was the only place in Ireland to buy it.

It was the same situation with Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition. I wrote to them, expected that nothing reply and that's what I got. There's no valid reason for us paying 20% or more than UK customers.

I dunno man, if people are willing to pay 20% more than UK customers; THAT'S the valid reason for Gamestop to charge more. They make more money by doing no extra work. It's a solid business strategy.

You're savvy to game prices though, and you're not gonna waste you're money on a bad deal, so I don't know why you even bother caring.

Voting with your wallet is always the number one way to promote change in companies.

Hell I won a €10 Gamestop gift voucher in a Smash Bros tournament nearly a year ago, and I still have it. Things in gamestop are such poor value that there still hasn't been a situation for me where: Their price - €10 = The best price.

I dunno man, if people are willing to pay 20% more than UK customers; THAT'S the valid reason for Gamestop to charge more. They make more money by doing no extra work. It's a solid business strategy.

You're savvy to game prices though, and you're not gonna waste you're money on a bad deal, so I don't know why you even bother caring.

Voting with your wallet is always the number one way to promote change in companies.

Hell I won a €10 Gamestop gift voucher in a Smash Bros tournament nearly a year ago, and I still have it. Things in gamestop are such poor value that there still hasn't been a situation for me where: Their price - €10 = The best price.

I had to buy SFZ: FPE from Gamestop because there was nowhere else, there were no deals. I despise them. The last game I bought from them was years ago. And to make matters worse I had to exchange it because the steelbook was damaged which took a week to do so. I had to go into town which cost me more money and time.

I know but with the Star Fox Zero: First Print Edition it was the only place in Ireland to buy it.

I ended up selling the €30 odd copy I got on the cheap from the UK to CEX and using the cash to put towards the First Print edition in Gamestop around the corner. From my perspective, I was using GS rather than the other way around.

I saw the first print edition is still in stock, in the branch in Clarehall Dublin at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD is €33.66 on Base.com
    Windwaker (selects) is €20.71

http://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?q=zelda+&filter=a%3a1%3a260300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have Yo-Kai Watch for €35.99, looks like a weird game.

http://checkargos.com/product/5053210

• Advertisement

Argos have Yo-Kai Watch for €35.99, looks like a weird game.

http://checkargos.com/product/5053210

Very good game you mean, its boss it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Went nuts and completed purchases on the Wii U Games I have been missing :) 300e dear lord!
    No real Deals, but DK was only 20e on Amazon.es, happy enough with Deux Ex and Rayman too. Rest were on Collector Impulse :)

Still 10 Games averaging 31e a game aint too bad vs day 1 prices.
    Least no need to worry about Wii U drought now or E3 :)

Amazon UK
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U) £26.65
    Super Smash Bros (Wii U) £35.88
    Rayman Legends (Nintendo Wii U) £16.49
    The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U) £33.49
    Bayonetta 2 - Special Edition (Nintendo Wii U) £41.64

Amazon Spain
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze EUR 20,32
    Pikmin 3 EUR 38,62
    Sports Club EUR 32,52
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut EUR 14,38

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

kevin2me wrote: »
    Went nuts and completed purchases on the Wii U Games I have been missing :) 300e dear lord!
    No real Deals, but DK was only 20e on Amazon.es, happy enough with Deux Ex and Rayman too. Rest were on Collector Impulse :)

Still 10 Games averaging 31e a game aint too bad vs day 1 prices.
    Least no need to worry about Wii U drought now or E3 :)

Amazon UK
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U) £26.65
    Super Smash Bros (Wii U) £35.88
    Rayman Legends (Nintendo Wii U) £16.49
    The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U) £33.49
    Bayonetta 2 - Special Edition (Nintendo Wii U) £41.64

Amazon Spain
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze EUR 20,32
    Pikmin 3 EUR 38,62
    Sports Club EUR 32,52
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut EUR 14,38

some great games there,but ya also could have gotten wonderful 101 for 20e in gamestop

johnf26 wrote: »
    some great games there,but ya also could have gotten wonderful 101 for 20e in gamestop

Where?
    I don't think any have them in stock.
    GS have a habit of posting new prices online that are rock bottom but where the preowned prices are many multiples of that. They used to engage in a practice of buying their new but unsold games at the discounted price and sell them as preowned at the high price, they make more money that way, somehow....

But if there is a physical copy of Wonderful 101 I'd be happy to spend the money on it.

Edit: they are all preowned at the knockdown price of €40!

Some of those games could definitely been bought cheaper at one time or another. Rayman Legends once upon a time was €15 new in Gamestop. The Wonderful 101 has been on here several times for less than €20 posted. The Bayonetta double pack was something like €20 or €25 in Argos. And Pikmin 3 was €25. You had to be around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Dude, you're being the Ghost of Bargains Past again :D

Where?
    I don't think any have them in stock.
    GS have a habit of posting new prices online that are rock bottom but where the preowned prices are many multiples of that. They used to engage in a practice of buying their new but unsold games at the discounted price and sell them as preowned at the high price, they make more money that way, somehow....

But if there is a physical copy of Wonderful 101 I'd be happy to spend the money on it.

Edit: they are all preowned at the knockdown price of €40!

dundalk,ballina crescent,mallow,midleton and tullamore have them in stock from what i can see

dundalk,ballina crescent,mallow,midleton and tullamore have them in stock from what i can see

They have preowned ones in stock, unfortunately.
    I called into a local branch but they did a check and found nothing but preowned stock.

They have preowned ones in stock, unfortunately.
    I called into a local branch but they did a check and found nothing but preowned stock.

did you ring them?as i just called tullamore to check and they had it in stock new,if you click collected instore online for the new one it will show what stores have them new and just give them a call.
    Also rayman legends can also be gotten for 9.99 in gamestop if you look around

• Advertisement

did you ring them?as i just called tullamore to check and they had it in stock new,if you click collected instore online for the new one it will show what stores have them new and just give them a call.
    Also rayman legends can also be gotten for 9.99 in gamestop if you look around

That new or pre owned?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement