Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

That new or pre owned?

new lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

johnf26 wrote: »
    new lad

Not bad that, I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nice, Hope ye find them at low prices.
    TBH Im sick off going into every shop and searching bargain threads month after month.
    I just went mad and bought em all, Im done now, now more stressing. Its a relief :)

Ill wait for Zelda Wii U/NX and that be that unless they announce something decent for 2016.
    In Fairness of 30 Wii U games I have they are all fab, what a great but limited library it has.

Wii U may have the best Zelda(s) yet, best Smash bros, best Mario Kart. Love Splatoon and Mario Maker and such.
    Only thing I dont think we have this generation is a killer Mario 3D Game. Heres hoping of larger scale Mario game for NX near launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ok, the minion on GS was a stinking fibber so!
    I'll have him whipped and dragged behind my horse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

kevin2me wrote: »
    Nice, Hope ye find them at low prices.
    TBH Im sick off going into every shop and searching bargain threads month after month.
    I just went mad and bought em all, Im done now, now more stressing. Its a relief :)

Ill wait for Zelda Wii U/NX and that be that unless they announce something decent for 2016.
    In Fairness of 30 Wii U games I have they are all fab, what a great but limited library it has.

Wii U may have the best Zelda(s) yet, best Smash bros, best Mario Kart. Love Splatoon and Mario Maker and such.
    Only thing I dont think we have this generation is a killer Mario 3D Game. Heres hoping of larger scale Mario game for NX near launch.

You didn't like 3D World? I thought it was as good as any of the other 3D Marios.

What we missed out on this generation was a Metroid Prime or F-Zero game.

Other than them, yeah, it had a fantastic library of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

kevin2me wrote: »

I agree with that but it's not the only franchises we've missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I loved SuperMario3DWorld, it has some amazing little touches to it. It might be one of my fav Wii U games. It always put a smile on your face.

But felt like enhanced 3DS game or NewSuperMarioU with enjoyable but forgetble little levels compared to Galaxy1&2, Sunshine and mario64. I dunno it just didnt have that scale that ZeldaWiiU will have or likes Uncharted4 etc...

Each Nintendo generation deserves 1 Mario game thats a system seller on its own. Like ZeldaU cud have been if it had released 2 yrs ago & not end of platforms lifetime. I just hope get that Mario64 hype again once MarioNX is 1st demo'd where no way its not day 1 purchase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would have loved a Metroid update, sure enough, but the other once Ninty exclusives would have been great to have seen, Super Monkey Ball or a new Eternal Darkness episode would have been sweet.
    Battalion Wars 3 would have been well suited to the Gamepad, as would a Luigi's Mansion or Pilotwings.
    Even a single player Splatoon title, or even a vehicular combat game around the same paint/ink ruleset would have been fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

And a proper Animal Crossing.
    I'd have loved to see PES build on their groundbreaking Wii games by introducing a kind of "pundit" control on the Wii U where you can circle players and draw out your plays. (alternatively, expand PFC to Armchair Football Club!)
    And no Pokemon Arena battler? Boooo!
    Given they own the Diddy Kong character, is there anything stopping them from making a Diddy Kong Racing sequel, and then destroying it with Amiibo-based DLC?

Ah well, fingers crossed for MarioKart Maker on the NX...

The lack of a proper WiiU Animal Crossing game is beyond understanding, unless you think that at the point when it might have been developed Nintendo just said "bugger this" and decided to hold it over for the NX, repurposing Mario Party into an Animal Crossing board game instead.

• Advertisement

It seems to me (this is my baseless opinion with no evidence) Maybe Ninty realised the Wii U wasn't coming back relatively early on, and decided to cut their losses sooner rather than later and started shifting development to a new platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

and twilight princess is the same price.......I've too many games already!

http://www.base.com/buy/product/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-zeltwpwiiu.htm

I'd wait unless you're in a rush to play it. Those games will go lower in price, more so SFZ. Base were charging £29.49 for Star Fox Zero, then it was £25 on Monday, 3 days later it's £23. I think that game has some way to go before the price bottoms out. It's been a commercial failure and it didn't review very well either. The game's only 3 weeks old and it's down to €30 delivered already.

For a laugh. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is only €80 from everybodys favourite retailer, Gamestop.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii U/Games/44675/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe

No that's not the Fortissimo Edition, just the regular game.

I'm still waiting for the Fortissimo Edition to be available anywhere. It's silly that you want to buy something but Nintendo seem to have only printed about 100 copies.

4hqcyg.jpg

just picked up these in gamestop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

4hqcyg.jpg

just picked up these in gamestop :)

Where did you pickup Rayman Legends?

Allyall wrote: »
    Where did you pickup Rayman Legends?

GS in tullamore sent it up to kilkenny GS for me,think theres still one in tralee ballina and dundalk..be worth ringing and get them to sent it up to your local

GS in tullamore sent it up to kilkenny GS for me,think theres still one in tralee ballina and dundalk..be worth ringing and get them to sent it up to your local

The reason I asked, I rang Dundalk and asked them to send it to another store for me. Got a bit of a lecture from the girl on the phone, and told to ring my local store, ask the manager to request it.
    I did that, and the manager told me to ring Dundalk. After I explained to him, he said he'd request it and ring me back.
    I never heard back so rang two days later to see if it had been possible, and received a telling off from the manager saying it will be done this once, but I'm not to ask ever again. It costs too much in shipping etc..
    I haven't heard anything since. That was Friday to the beginning of this week.
    Felt like a scolded Schoolboy.
    If I don't get it after that.... :mad:
    I also bought another game "brand new" from the site, collected it yesterday and it's not brand new. no sealed wrapper, opened box.

The reason I asked, I rang Dundalk and asked them to send it to another store for me. Got a bit of a lecture from the girl on the phone, and told to ring my local store, ask the manager to request it.
    I did that, and the manager told me to ring Dundalk. After I explained to him, he said he'd request it and ring me back.
    I never heard back so rang two days later to see if it had been possible, and received a telling off from the manager saying it will be done this once, but I'm not to ask ever again. It costs too much in shipping etc..
    I haven't heard anything since. That was Friday to the beginning of this week.
    Felt like a scolded Schoolboy.
    If I don't get it after that.... :mad:
    I also bought another game "brand new" from the site, collected it yesterday and it's not brand new. no sealed wrapper, opened box.

Gamestop normally take there games out of the box into a plastic pack and use the case to display unlike argos they dont display so leave them sealed.
    You should contact head office and report the manager you dealt with no need to be treated like that.
    Also if doesnt cost him anything to send it to a local as the post is paid by head office for them to ship on a tuesday and thursday weather its one item or 50.
    I have never had a problem getting a store to send an item to another ive even had a game down to 1cent sent from i think sligo to kilkenny with no problems.
    If you dont get the game and if you want ill ring them i like dealing with ignorant people like that i wouldnt be long putting them in there place ha.

• Advertisement

Aye, no way you should have to put up with behaviour like that from staff. Get the game and make a complaint. Feck giving them your money again.

Hoping to get the game during the week, then I think I'll give them a wide berth.

Hoping to get the game during the week, then I think I'll give them a wide berth.

if they sent it out on thursday it should be in your store now,mine were sent out on thursday and arrived yesterday but picked them up today.

Not yet, I checked.

ANIMAL CROSSING: AMIIBO FESTIVAL WITH ISABELLE AMIIBO + DIGBY AMIIBO + THREE AMIIBO CARDS (WII U) is £12.95 plus £2 postage at thegamecollection(just under €19 total).

http://www.thegamecollection.net/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-with-isabelle-amiibo-digby-amiibo-three-amiibo-cards-wii-u.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Stay classy Gamestop :)

sligeach wrote: »
    ANIMAL CROSSING: AMIIBO FESTIVAL WITH ISABELLE AMIIBO + DIGBY AMIIBO + THREE AMIIBO CARDS (WII U) is £12.95 plus £2 postage at thegamecollection(just under €19 total).

http://www.thegamecollection.net/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-with-isabelle-amiibo-digby-amiibo-three-amiibo-cards-wii-u.html

Damn that really must have tanked.

Damn that really must have tanked.

Ya it nose dived off a cliff. I don't think it even placed in the UK chart. I picked it up on Paddy's Day for €21 posted on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Splatoon is on Amazon.co.uk for €21.

• Advertisement

A Link Between Worlds on 3DS is €20 in Argos at the minute, in case anyone doesn't have it yet. http://checkargos.com/product/4572273

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement