Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

To be fair to Sligeach, nowhere near as much as in the past, and he's an excellent poster.

Though I know the post earlier was meant to be in jest.

We do have a really good little community here, and I love being part of it.

Dawwwww.... You guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    To be fair to Sligeach, nowhere near as much as in the past, and he's an excellent poster.

Though I know the post earlier was meant to be in jest.

We do have a really good little community here, and I love being part of it.

Dawwwww.... You guys!

4vIhg9D.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Not sure there would be many left but I got a copy of Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 in Gamestop for one cent - yes 1c !!! Its marked as 1.97 but scans as 1 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

alekito wrote: »
    Not sure there would be many left but I got a copy of Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 in Gamestop for one cent - yes 1c !!! Its marked as 1.97 but scans as 1 cent

I worked on that title as a tester :o

Never put it on my CV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

RedXIV wrote: »
    Never put it on my CV :D

You didn't need to now that you have the body of Adonis.

"Ah, he must have been one of those WiiU Fitness testers."

• Advertisement

GameStop are also selling Watch Dogs Wii U for €10 and Ninja Gaiden for €10. Smyths have Hello Kitty Karting for €10 too ... hmmmm

Maybe Watch Dogs Wii U .. a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

alekito wrote: »
    GameStop are also selling Watch Dogs Wii U for €10 and Ninja Gaiden for €10. Smyths have Hello Kitty Karting for €10 too ... hmmmm

Maybe Watch Dogs Wii U .. a tenner?

No! Not only is it a mediocre game, the Wii U version is the worst version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, it's a bit expensive for a spare WiiU box and a Watchdogs themed coaster

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No! Not only is it a mediocre game, the Wii U version is the worst version.

Hello Kitty Karting on Wii U is the BEST version, dunno which one you're playing. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hello Kitty Karting on Wii U is the BEST version, dunno which one you're playing. :pac:

I'd put money on that becoming a rare game. Worth picking up for a tenner for that reason I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Guitar Hero Live is €32.52 on Amazon Germany + Vat + Shipping = €40.73 Delivered

Project Steam 3DS is €9.99 in Gamestop

GameStop have 3 for 2 on pre-owned (which are priced at less the €9.99 each). I've seen Ninja Gaiden Wii U, Watchdogs Wii U and Project Steam 3DS at €9.99 each used. All three for €19.98. Can't be so bad. Works across any title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a bit expensive for a spare WiiU box and a Watchdogs themed coaster

Watchdogs gets way too much stick. It's a good game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watchdogs gets way too much stick. It's a good game.

Watchdogs doesn't get enough stick, it is a neatly packaged mix of several elements, disappointment, familiarity and sadness.
    It cribs relentlessly from games that are better than it or from games that have had their style over-exposed with annual releases, and it just wound up a boring load of scenery chewing dour nonsense with visuals that themselves managed to over promise then utterly disappoint.
    And that's before we get to the much delayed, over hyped, worst of the bunch, WiiU port.
    This was a game whose only positive contribution to make was, for a time, it was cheap to buy and so use as fodder in CEX, to get a decent game instead.

Oh right so, I better stop playing it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Oh right so, I better stop playing it then.

Haha. Ah, I just think people were pis*ed off after the difference between the E3 showing and the final release. It's an ok game imo, but between that and AC Unity I'll never trust Ubisoft again.

Yeah people lost there minds over the graphics, but once you get over that, it's a game with some good ideas and decent variety of missions. I forgave Ubi with Syndicate, which is a million times better than Unity.

Nothing wrong with people having differing opinions,
    I love plenty of games others detest, and detest some "classics" as well.
    But Watchdogs, if you have to play it you'd be best with the PS4 or PS3 versions.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with people having differing opinions,
    I love plenty of games others detest, and detest some "classics" as well.
    But Watchdogs, if you have to play it you'd be best with the PS4 or PS3 versions.

Yep, I doubt it is that good. But as part of a 3 for 2 (which includes Ninja Gaiden and Codename Steam) I guess it's ok for about €6.50 each. Even if it's just a few hours of fun. CEX still give €6 back for it, and €9 back for Steam. So play and trade and get the money back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Where's the cheapest place to get a wiiu? Looking in adverts and they're all a bit dear. Basic model, not worried about memory and doesn't need games.
    Although if there's a cheap Mario maker bundle somewhere, that would be ideal.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get a wiiu? Looking in adverts and they're all a bit dear. Basic model, not worried about memory and doesn't need games.
    Although if there's a cheap Mario maker bundle somewhere, that would be ideal.

Up North? You could get a discount basic from cex for £118.

Up North? You could get a discount basic from cex for £118.

Might be a idea. I forgot to check cex here.

Edit: just did and they're looking for almost €200 for the same system. Do cex uk deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Monster hunter 4 for 20 quid in Smyth's

Banjo wrote: »
    Monster hunter 4 for 20 quid in Smyth's

Can't see that online, is it in store clearance?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Might be a idea. I forgot to check cex here.

Edit: just did and they're looking for almost €200 for the same system. Do cex uk deliver to Ireland?

Parcel motel it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Where is the cheapest to get a New 3DS?

Either on its own or with a game. Everywhere seems to be around the 200 mark but I would have thought you could get one a bit cheaper these days.

Also not interested in the XL just needs to be the normal NEW 3DS.

Thanks...

reni10 wrote: »

Either on its own or with a game. Everywhere seems to be around the 200 mark but I would have thought you could get one a bit cheaper these days.

Thanks...

Adverts or cex. Can see one here for 165 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

reni10 wrote: »

Thanks...

Have a look at the amazon de warehouse Eg open boxed ones. They csn be very cheap and only like 7 euros to post to Ireland.

I paid 140 for my new 3ds xl with 1 game there a few months ago one of the best bargains of my life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement