Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Banjo wrote: »
    I've seen splinter cell and re:revelations in the 2 for 30 but not in the same shop

Shopto.net have mass effect 3 for £10 plus delivery

Heading in now. I'll post what deals are available (Dun Laoghaire branch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not necessarily a Wii U deal but a lot of Tesco's are selling Skyward Sword (with Orchestral CD) for €5. Outstanding deal to be honest even if a lot of people would have played it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Corholio wrote: »
    Not necessarily a Wii U deal but a lot of Tesco's are selling Skyward Sword (with Orchestral CD) for €5. Outstanding deal to be honest even if a lot of people would have played it already.

Need to get me to a tesco!

Skyward sword is one I missed.

Looks great though from the reviews I've watched. Love the art style/graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tesco are flogging a lot of Wii, 3DS and DS games for €1 and €5. Wrong thread for it I know but you can get Paper Marios 3DS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS, Fire Emblem, Starfox, Street Fighter (that's one of the €1 ones) and a number of other not-****e games if you try. They're probably all gone by now though - this started yesterday apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Tesco are flogging a lot of Wii, 3DS and DS games for €1 and €5. Wrong thread for it I know but you can get Paper Marios 3DS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS, Fire Emblem, Starfox, Street Fighter (that's one of the €1 ones) and a number of other not-****e games if you try. They're probably all gone by now though - this started yesterday apparently.

is this tesco site or the stores themselves? paper mario is supposed to be awful but fire emblem and starfox i would jump for(own street fighter and not interest in that pokemon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus lads, are these all Tescos? I'd buy Skyward sword again for that price (and i could do with a spare cd, in case anything happens the one I have.) Want Starfox too.

In-store, apparently it's all of them but stock will vary.
    My wife called me from my local with a list, nothing earth shattering in Celbridge I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

In-store, apparently it's all of them but stock will vary.
    My wife called me from my local with a list, nothing earth shattering in Celbridge I'm afraid.

Tesco celbridge is small get your ass to tesco maynooth much bigger store and big gaming section

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Nothing in Jervis st Tesco today

Was in Clare Hall yesterday, there were a few copies of fifa 14 and adventure time for the 3DS for €5 (bad games but potentially useful for trade in) but nothing of note for the wii or wii u.

I'm working!
    I have it on reliable authority though that Tesco Ballybrack has a poor selection, mainly Fifa and PES, with a couple of mis-priced Lego Batman 2 for 3DS (only the DS version is meant to be a fiver) that they're honouring. Remember back in the launch period when people complained that the indistinct branding was hurting the 3DS sales? Not complaining now, are yiz? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wii U Basic is €198 in Harvey Norman at the moment (limited stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Some games seem to be reduced on Tesco online too. Different selection appears depending on what address you have in as it checks your local Tesco.

Ordered 4 3DS games for a fiver each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Saw this initially on the Tesco Bargain alert thread here but though I'd re-post here in case there are some people that don't check BA board.

I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS, Paper Mario Sticker Star 3DS and Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS for €5 each and Professor Layton and the Specter's Call (Regular DS) for €1

They are all new and in wrappers.

I got mine in Kinnegad on my way home - they were re-labeling a crap load of them at the counter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

If you can find it, Nintendoland is going for €5 according to tesco.ie

(pick up a second copy and I'll pay postage, thanks!)

Also if you can find a copy, Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) is €5.

Deals on PS3 and 360 too. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (PS3) is €1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

tesco online will pick from your local tesco so luck of the draw really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nothing at all in Tesco Tallaght (except some rubbing-it-in €5 price labels).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭Nollog

I walked all the way to tesco earlier, bad selection, no wii u at all, and none of the games i was looking for (read fire emblem and caught one mention of sticker star in another thread somewhere), looked at tesco.ie on the way home and had both, and the 3ds layton for €1
    Chances they had the games hidden in the stock room and they'll be delivered tomorrow?
    I never thought to ask any of the staff while I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Amazon dropped it to match Argos' price drop, apparently.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-21-argos-cuts-wii-u-premium-pack-price-to-179-99

I wonder if Argos over here will update their price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Now €225 on argos.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 CUSHAMILLION

Great prices..Tesco Mahon Point Cork
    I picked up 4 new copies of Nintendogs & Cats at a fiver each..price on Amazon is 26 Sterling each..watch me make a mint on ebay

Order them online even if there appears to be nothing in store

I'd heard that Maynooth was cleaned out by lunchtime yesterday, my wife put an order in for me last night and got me Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, Layton Miracle Mask and Adventure Time ETDBIDK. It was confirmed for collection this morning. Try the order, see what they have in the back room! Also a guy at work picked me up a copy of Lego Batman 2 for 3DS mispriced at a fiver with the Lex Luthor toy - gent!

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver were on the list she read out to me, had 'em both. But if you don't already know the joys of a Pokéwalker, nab 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Great prices..Tesco Mahon Point Cork
    I picked up 4 new copies of Nintendogs & Cats at a fiver each..price on Amazon is 26 Sterling each..watch me make a mint on ebay

No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CUSHAMILLION

Tesco online have only full prices ..no sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Tesco online have only full prices ..no sale

Umm No they have sale games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Saw this initially on the Tesco Bargain alert thread here but though I'd re-post here in case there are some people that don't check BA board.

I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS, Paper Mario Sticker Star 3DS and Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS for €5 each and Professor Layton and the Specter's Call (Regular DS) for €1

They are all new and in wrappers.

I got mine in Kinnegad on my way home - they were re-labeling a crap load of them at the counter...

Was there much stock in kinnegad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

All the good stuff seems to be gone now :( unless its being cleverly hidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Was there much stock in kinnegad?

I saw a stack of about 40 3DS/DS games - so quite a few (at about 4PM yesterday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

NSMB Wii U is coming up for a fiver on Tesco.ie! Tempted to order it and a few 3DS games but I know it wouldn't arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

homolumo wrote: »
    NSMB Wii U is coming up for a fiver on Tesco.ie! Tempted to order it and a few 3DS games but I know it wouldn't arrive.

Order it whats the harm if it doesnt arrive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement