Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CliCliW wrote: »
    Bought metroid prime but don't have enough space on my system to download it *cries* going to have to go looking for an ext. hard drive now.

Look on the bright side - it used to check your available space BEFORE it let you purchase, so you had to scrabble for a flash drive or a bunch of floppies and some very creative MacGuyver wiring before the sale deadline expired. At least you have it in the bag...

(confirm you have it in the bag, make sure you got your My Nintendo points or that it's listed as a redownloadable purchase)

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Hyrule warriors for 3DS is £14.83 at amazon

Seemingly it's unplayable on the standard 3DS but runs ok on the "new" 3DS

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-0045496472085-Hyrule-Warriors-3DS/dp/B00ZGEXJP8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1466676698&sr=1-1&keywords=hyrule+warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

bkrangle wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-0045496472085-Hyrule-Warriors-3DS/dp/B00ZGEXJP8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1466676698&sr=1-1&keywords=hyrule+warriors

Yoink. Works out at €26 delivered, which isn't far off half price compared to buying from a shop here. No interest in the game at all, but you can't have a complete Zelda collection with a missing game (cdi non canon abominations aside of course :o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Does anyone own Hyrule Warriors on 3DS? I'm curious how good it is.

I played a little of it on the Wii U co-op, but it was physically taxing because "regular" attack is mapped to waggle, with no option to map it elsewhere.

I'd happily buy a port where I can just press goddamn buttons instead.

Decided to order it myself anyway, enjoyed the Wii U version, it can sit in the pile with my other as yet unplayed (3)DS games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've played it on the Wii U Gamepad, where there is no waggling required.
    It's a little boring at first, because the combos are very limited and simplistic so it's very repetitive, but after a while you get into a zen-like state where the combat is almost secondary to the character development (ie grinding) and sheer joy of wiping out literal thousands of bad guys. Apparently the n3DS performs as well as the Wii U, possibly with even more enemies on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Does anyone own Hyrule Warriors on 3DS? I'm curious how good it is.

I played a little of it on the Wii U co-op, but it was physically taxing because "regular" attack is mapped to waggle, with no option to map it elsewhere.

I'd happily buy a port where I can just press goddamn buttons instead.

Man, you need a Pro Controller, or equivalent 3rd party controller!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Banjo wrote:
    (confirm you have it in the bag, make sure you got your My Nintendo points or that it's listed as a redownloadable purchase)

I definitely have it, got the email from Nintendo when I bought it online and when I checked whether it had downloaded it just gave the option on I've eshop to "download" rather than "buy"! Just to get a usb Y-cable is the tricky thing now! To ebay I go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Decided to order it myself anyway, enjoyed the Wii U version, it can sit in the pile with my other as yet unplayed (3)DS games

Think I might pick it up along with Gravity Rush for ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Star Lord wrote: »
    Man, you need a Pro Controller, or equivalent 3rd party controller!

I'm not buying a dedicated controller for a game I have borrowed. I'd nearly prefer to buy it cheap on N3DS.

I had a crapton of Wii Classic Controller Pros lying around from my Monster Hunter Tri days, but bloody Hyrule Warriors doesn't allow those.

Pro controller (don't have), Gamepad (missus gets priority), or Wiimote and Nunchuk waggle fest only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how does that price for Hyrule Warriors 3DS compare to the price for the DLC you get for Wii U along with it, if you were to buy the Wii U DLC separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how does that price for Hyrule Warriors 3DS compare to the price for the DLC you get for Wii U along with it, if you were to buy the Wii U DLC separately?

The Legends character pack for Wii U alone will cost €11.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I really like Hyrule Warriors on 3DS. I have the New 3DS though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up Hyrule Warriors Legends myself there, thanks for the tip (as the actress said to the leper)

Star Lord wrote: »
    The Legends character pack for Wii U alone will cost €11.99!

Might be an idea to go for it then. Though when I looked it up, I saw the collector's edition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Good time to be buying games now with the Sterling so low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Good time to be buying games now with the Sterling so low.

As long as the Euro doesn't take a beating as well.
    But, if our currency recovers and the pound doesn't then it'll be good times for importers!

Zelda Ocarina of Time is now down to 19.99 on the shop. With sterling down is there somewhere cheaper for it online?

The rest of the Nintendo Selects at the same price have launched too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Has anybody ordered Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE Fortissimo Edition online? And at a good price? Amazon and Nintendo UK when they had it in stock cost €85+ including delivery. I've been looking online and have found a load of sites selling it for €60 and €65. Trouble is they either don't ship to Ireland or it costs a bomb. There was one site where it's €58 but the shipping cost €36 which is bonkers. Not to mention using Google Translate has been a pain in the @R$€; with all the various languages. I've looked at Finnish, Swedish, Hungarian, Slovakian, Czech, Dutch, Belgian, German and Spanish sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mario Kart Combo DLC Pack (Zelda +Animal Crossing DLC) £9.80

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/download/NDO2366766-wii-u-ddc-aoc-mario-kart-8-combo

Cheaper than the eShop (£11.00)

Corholio wrote: »
    Mario Kart Combo DLC Pack (Zelda +Animal Crossing DLC) £9.80

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/download/NDO2366766-wii-u-ddc-aoc-mario-kart-8-combo

Cheaper than the eShop (£11.00)

I seen that yesterday on HUKD and was thinking why would anyone post that up? It works out at JUST under €12 which is how much it costs on the eShop.

Would that code work, since I know there are problems using Euro and UK codes together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Would that code work, since I know there are problems using Euro and UK codes together

Wondering the same. I bought UK code before, and it didn't work, but this is for a specific game, it's not to add credit, so it might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

10% off everything with code: E3HANGOVER http://www.thegamecollection.net/wii-u.html
    http://www.thegamecollection.net/3ds.html ends tonight.

Edit: works for pre orders too, Monster hunter generations and pokemon sun, moon.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD / Donkey Kong Country Returns / New Super Mario Bros. and Luigi U / Lego City Undercover - £14.99 Each (2 for £27.50)

Base.com

http://www.base.com/games/pg735/bn10007997/2for30.htm?awc=2694_1467032719_aa3656a5106c3b4b697e25135aab8357

That's abou €33 now. Plus Addresspal €3.50 or Parcel motel. Still about €37. So less then €19 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    I seen that yesterday on HUKD and was thinking why would anyone post that up? It works out at JUST under €12 which is how much it costs on the eShop.

£9.25 now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Would anyone know the best price for twilight princess HD? Can't see a decent price for it right now.

Would anyone know the best price for twilight princess HD? Can't see a decent price for it right now.

It was cheap on thegamecollection.net recently, probably worthwhile keeping an eye on their price

• Advertisement

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames2phcx1mhya/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-HD-with-Wolf-Link-Amiibo-and-Soundtrack-CD-

That's the best retail price right now. But there has been better prices than that in the past.

Edit: Here is a bit cheaper.

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/bossdeals/product/50937/

Then use Parcel Motel or AddressPal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement