Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is there any website to check when the last time a game was on sale was (on the é shop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rorok wrote: »
    Is there any website to check when the last time a game was on sale was (on the é shop)

Try searching here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com

Type the name of the game plus Wii U and check the expired Wii U eShop deals for previous sale prices.

Would anyone know the best price for twilight princess HD? Can't see a decent price for it right now.

Sorry, I thought you were after the Twilight Princess HD amiibo plus soundtrack bundle. The best price is Gameseek.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames8hxne9fru7/

It's about €41.50 including delivery. That's if you pay in Euro. I did a conversion on their Sterling price and it's €3 cheaper than their Euro price so if you pay in Sterling your bank should give a better exchange rate.

sligeach wrote: »
    Try searching here:

http://www.hotukdeals.com

Type the name of the game plus Wii U and check the expired Wii U eShop deals for previous sale prices.

That worked thanks, found out it was on a huge discount just over a month ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

TriForce Heroes is down to €20 in Argos too
    http://checkargos.com/product/4240646

Fifa 15 for 3DS is €15 (wii version is also reduced)
    http://checkargos.com/product/2479622

The 3DS NFC reader is €19
    http://checkargos.com/product/4472799

Not sure how those prices play with online stores... I'm just skimming the scanner...

More argos price shenanigans. This one's just for Sligeach - Lots of expensive statues that cost the earth and do NOTHING!

Disney Infinity 3.0 for Wii U - €13.74
    It's just the software - no portal, no figures. That's going for €24.99 (22.49 if you believe the price scanner) if you want it - a tenner for a portal and a playset, not bad.

Remember, Infinity is backwards compatible with ALL figures, so everything will work in 3.0 toybox, but only the 3.0 playsets work with it (anything Star Wars, Finding Dory, the Avengers battle game that comes with a Steve Rodgers Cap'n America, Inside Out). You can't play the Avengers, Spidey, GotG, Toy Story etc story-based games.

You can get the Anakin/Ahsoka for as little as £4.64 on Amazon if you hang around for it. And I have a spare Portal if anyone wants it.

Also, Smyths are selling off Infinity 1.0 figures for a fiver a pop - Wreckit Ralph and Vanellope, Elsa and Anna from Frozen, Mike from Monsters Inc, Davy Jones and Cap'n Barbarararosey ? from Pirates of the Carry-bean, Woody, Buzz and Jesse from Toy Story, Jack Skellington, Sorcerer's Apprentice mickey (but not regular, he's 3.0 I think), a few Cars, Tonto.... - Note : Argos have the Frozen toybox set for 9.99. That's the same price for Anna and Elsa but you also get their Skybox and Toybox disks to let it go and make it snow.

Also they're flogging the playsets for 3.0 for €18.99. They're typically £19.99 on Amazon, and Smyths has them at 30.
    Marvel Battlegrounds (Steve Rodgers)
    Inside Out (Joy, Anger)
    Force Awakens (Rey and Finn)
    Star Wars (Luke and Leia)
    And the Twilight of the Republic set that comes with the Starter pack is 14.99 which is not a good deal.

And they've reduced some figures to 6.24. I saw :
    Maleficent (3.0?), Captain America, Falcon, Jasmine, Donald (3.0?), Baymax, Groot, Ronan, Venom, Drax, Mulan (3.0), Nick fury, Hulk, Hiro (BH6), Green Goblin (the "Ultimate" spiderman one, he's crap), Rocket Racoon, Loki, Kannan (3.0 jedi), Minnie Mouse (3.0), Sam from Tron (3.0), Quorra from Tron (3.0), Olaf (3.0)
    Edit ... feck it, I think ALL infiinity figures are 6.24.

I know what you're thinking. Banjo, if I buy 2.0 and some playsets, who plays in what?
    First off, 2.0 is a tricky beast. I found it cheaper to go to Amazon and buy the PS3 version of the Marvel set + the Wii U version with Merida and Stitch to get the software, a portal and a bunch of statues. I got the pair for around £22. The Wii U marvel set sometimes comes down in price but no where as low as the PS3 set.

Anyway, Groot, Ronan and Drax go with the Guardians of the Galaxy set. Rocket can also play in the Avengers set if you collect his "crossover tokens". If you want to collect everything in the set you need a Climber, like Groot or Drax.
    Venom, Goblin and Nick go with the Spidey set, no crossover. (Nova is the cross-over guy in this set and he comes with the playset piece and Hulk and Iron Man can cross over from Avengers)
    Loki, Cap, Hulk and Falcon go with the avengers set. Hulk crosses to Spiderman set. No, Nick Fury can't play in the Avengers set. I know, it makes no sense. And don't get me started on the lack of a Venom / Guardians crossover. Hulk is a Climber.

Donald, Baymax, Mulan, Jasmine, Tinkerbell and Maleficent are Toybox Only. Note : Jasmine and Tink are special - they're the only flying non-Marvel characters in Toy Box.

Now, the Marvel Battlegrounds set is compatible with ALL Marvel characters from 2.0 and 3.0. And there's plenty of them. And it's basically a Smash Bros for Marvel characters with VERY expensive DLC in the form of those statues. Note - due to his redesign, Baymax is not considered Marvel so you can't punch Loki in the face and ask him to rate his pain on a scale of 1-10

Edit : Oh wait, there's more! 2.0 sets for €12.49 - typically £14.99-£29.99 on Amazon
    2.0 Spiderman set (Spidey, Nova)
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Note - the 2.0 sets are a bit samey. Go here, murder a bunch of Frost Giants/Symbiotes/Whatever the race you genocide in GotG is. Repeat. Fight boss. End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Banjo wrote: »
    I love Disney Infinity

Jaysus Banjo, you are clearly the Disney infinity master. I didn't know there was Marvel Smash Bros either. Are those games worth playing?

I was dead-set against the idea of collecting a load of crappy little space wasting toys, but then Smyths gave me a free copy of Skylanders Swap Force when I bought a Wii U from them. Then because that was a totally fine and enjoyable co-op game, and at the same time, they had all Gen 3 figures reduced to a single euro, so I ended up with a lot more crappy little space wasting toys than I ever thought possible.

It's grand.

I have a lot of fun playing it with the kids, but that's mostly because I, as Iron Man, can pick them up in their pretty princess dress and throw them off the beautiful Cinderella castle they have built into the swirling maelstrom below and then fly away giggling. Only to find that they have respawned, swapped out Elsa for Thor and are pursuing me through the sky shooting lighting bolts up my arse. It's gas.

The games themselves are a little meh. I've heard the Karting game for 3.0 - made by the guys who made the Sonic Transformed games - is great but has awful load times. The idea of pitting Boba Fett against Sully and the Hulk on the Sugar Rush race track just tickles me...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Jaysus Banjo, you are clearly the Disney infinity master.

They way he is trying to convince the rest of us to play the series,
    Well, you could say he is the Disney Infinity Master Baiter....

• Advertisement

If it's wrong to crack one off to a small statue of Black Widow, I don't want to be right! Or caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Just wondering, would anyone have any idea where to pick up a wiiU pro controller cheap enough?

Do Nintendo have a summer sale? And how often are games on sale again after being on sale, like for Xbox GTA V is on sale every month, is there a repeat thing for Nintendo at all?

Rorok wrote: »
    Do Nintendo have a summer sale? And how often are games on sale again after being on sale, like for Xbox GTA V is on sale every month, is there a repeat thing for Nintendo at all?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99954541&postcount=1261

Refreshed the page and lost my long answer. 80110X!

I'll summarise.... That was the 5th Anniversary of the eShop and Nintendo held a sale, though only on VC and indie games. It ended last week. Nintendo are tighter than Fort Knox and don't generally reduce their retail games on the eShop. If you're just getting in to the Wii U now there is a Wii U Selects range with some very good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CliCliW wrote:
    Just wondering, would anyone have any idea where to pick up a wiiU pro controller cheap enough?

CliCliW wrote:

Seen the generic ones pretty cheap on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sweetie wrote: »
    Seen the generic ones pretty cheap on Amazon

Looking to get a pro controller myself. Are the generic ones not meant to be shi*e?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Looking to get a pro controller myself. Are the generic ones not meant to be shi*e?

I got the Game one few years back, never any issue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Gizmo55 wrote: »

The Nyko one is supposed to be very good. But for some reason, if you can find it on this side of the Atlantic, it's the same price as the official one, or more.
    It was $11 on Amazon.com a while back, but they didn't ship to Ireland, now they do but it's $26.99 + Amazon make you pay tax at the checkout. Also, the euro/dollar is bad at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

If anyone ever seems a good deal for Kirby Planet Robocop let me know. Early days yet so it might come down in price. I've heard it's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

alekito wrote: »
    If anyone ever seems a good deal for Kirby Planet Robocop let me know. Early days yet so it might come down in price. I've heard it's very good.

That would be an awesome game! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Corholio wrote: »
    That would be an awesome game! :pac:

You are in violation of King Dedede law, drop the Clown ability... you have 20 seconds to comply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Inhaled, alive, you're coming with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Surely, you can get that for a dollar.

King Dedede "Metaknight don't like me, so I don't like Metaknight!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Buy that for a dollar!!!

Where was I going with get that. Totally fupped the reference.

The highlights show just how bad Belgium were in defence. All 3 goals were shocking from their point of view. Missing the centre half pairing tonight in Vertonghen and Alderweireld couldn't have been any more costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The highlights show just how bad Belgium were in defence. All 3 goals were shocking from their point of view. Missing the centre half pairing tonight in Vertonghen and Alderweireld couldn't have been any more costly.

Exactly! And you know who's to blame don't you? Regi. You try tell me that Fils Amie isn't a Belgian name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You could say their defence was in the bargain basement and as for the Nintendo reference.....no sorry I got nothing :pac:

• Advertisement

How many times am I going to do this? Wrong thread again. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement