Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think Belgium would have won on the WiiU version. WiiU sales so bad in the UK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Think Belgium would have won on the WiiU version. WiiU sales so bad in the UK.

Wario and Waluigi were on the Belgian side, Mario and Luigi were with the Welsh.
    Whoever was playing the Belgian side had a crappy third party pad too, explains a lot.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wario and Waluigi were on the Belgian side, Mario and Luigi were with the Welsh.
    Whoever was playing the Belgian side had a crappy third party pad too, explains a lot.

Bale Super Strikers Charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw Triforce Heroes on amazon for £15 yesterday while I was at work so decided I'd get it when I got home. It's now exclusive to Prime members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Zelda triforce hero's is 20 euros in argos at the moment not sure of stock but seems like a very good deal to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hyrule Warriors: Legends - Limited Edition for the 3DS is €37.60 on Amazon Germany - €44.16 Delivered. Saving a bit. It's €52 from Amazon UK.

Normal edition is £14 (~€16.70) on Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-0045496472085-Hyrule-Warriors-3DS/dp/B00ZGEXJP8/

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Amiibo sale on at Amazon. Rye (Street Fighter) is £5.36. Several Animal Crossings ones are less then £4. Spend £25 for free Irish delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019MOC976/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Big sale on @ AmiAmi
    Selection of Amiibo on sale from ~€0.88 (100yen) - Shipping for 2/3 figures is ~ €3.30.

Examples (There may be more):

Cyrus (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Reese (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Lottie (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Resetti (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Animal Crossing Card Pack (Vol.2) - €0.43
    Animal Crossing Card Pack (Vol.1) - €1.32
    Zero Suit Samus - €3.32
    Link - €4.42
    Mewtwo - €4.38
    Samus - €4.38
    Pink Yarn Yoshi - €4.38

Shipping Chart Prices by Weight - http://i.imgur.com/XpeI3Et.jpg
    Shipping Info Page - http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#1

3DS Cover Plates, Dioramas and other items available also

A lot of items sellling out.

Allyall wrote: »
    Big sale on @ AmiAmi
    Selection of Amiibo on sale from ~€0.88 (100yen) - Shipping for 2/3 figures is ~ €3.30.

Examples (There may be more):

Cyrus (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Reese (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Lottie (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Resetti (Animal Crossing) - €0.88
    Animal Crossing Card Pack (Vol.2) - €0.43
    Animal Crossing Card Pack (Vol.1) - €1.32
    Zero Suit Samus - €3.32
    Link - €4.42
    Mewtwo - €4.38
    Samus - €4.38
    Pink Yarn Yoshi - €4.38

Shipping Chart Prices by Weight - http://i.imgur.com/XpeI3Et.jpg
    Shipping Info Page - http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#1

3DS Cover Plates, Dioramas and other items available also

A lot of items sellling out.

That is a great offer, but shipping seems expensive, and might get hit for duty. Not sure?

I found 6 amiibos on Amazon for €31 delivered. Not bad. Includes Ryu, Falco, Wario and 3 x animal crossing. I did want Ryu and Falco. 3 x animal crossing - possible to sell in CEX?

alekito wrote: »
    That is a great offer, but shipping seems expensive, and might get hit for duty. Not sure?

I found 6 amiibos on Amazon for €31 delivered. Not bad. Includes Ryu, Falco, Wario and 3 x animal crossing. I did want Ryu and Falco. 3 x animal crossing - possible to sell in CEX?

You'll only get hit for duty when the total (including shipping) is over €23. They also waive most items up to €26.

Buying Ryu (for example) from Amiami, would be pointless because it's €9 + shipping.
    But you could save a bit on the ones mentioned above, and a few others.

E.G. - If you bought Zero Suit Samus, Link + Mewtwo, that should cost you roughly €15.42 delivered (no duty), which works out at just over €5 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Shipping for 2/3 figures is ~ €3.30.

I got a shipping quote this morning for 3 amiibo. It was double that and 780 Yen.

sligeach wrote: »
    I got a shipping quote this morning for 3 amiibo. It was double that and 780 Yen.

You got a surcharge because of your amiibo notoriety. :pac:

Yeah, shipping can vary by weight. I put in 2 or 3 as that would be more beneficial than buying one. An Amiibo is around 100 grams, but vary.

SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) works out cheaper than SAL Small Packet (Registered).
    I added a 4th Amiibo and the shipping went up to ¥3,000 in the email, and they didn't like me trying to cancel (try to avoid EMS :( ).
    But something different with the weight anyway, after I tried to order again last night, it seemed to change at the checkout than what had been calculated beforehand (heavier items).
    They still work out cheaper, but not as cheap and I guess it's possible to be a little cheaper by rotating/being selective which Amiibo are in the basket.
    It may end up costing ~ €18/€19 for the three Amiibo mentioned a few posts above , for example rather than the ~€15.

Still worked out a lot cheaper for me.

You got a surcharge because of your amiibo notoriety. :pac:

I thought something like that happened alright. :)

Yeah, shipping can vary by weight. I put in 2 or 3 as that would be more beneficial than buying one. An Amiibo is around 100 grams, but vary.

SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) works out cheaper than SAL Small Packet (Registered).
    I added a 4th Amiibo and the shipping went up to ¥3,000 in the email, and they didn't like me trying to cancel (try to avoid EMS :( ).
    But something different with the weight anyway, after I tried to order again last night, it seemed to change at the checkout than what had been calculated beforehand (heavier items).
    They still work out cheaper, but not as cheap and I guess it's possible to be a little cheaper by rotating/being selective which Amiibo are in the basket.
    It may end up costing ~ €18/€19 for the three Amiibo mentioned a few posts above , for example rather than the ~€15.

Still worked out a lot cheaper for me.

I don't get how 3 amiibo weigh 700gms. I didn't want to fool around with things and just paid what I was quoted. They don't give you a quote there and then, you've to wait. I wonder did I miss a trick of maybe having 1 sent on its own and then 2 together. It's done, now to wait 5 weeks. I bought the Link and 2 Samus amiibo. The Link amiibo is fugly but I'll use it for the costume in MK8 and the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors(I think there's a couple of other smaller rewards).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...and the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors(I think there's a couple of other smaller rewards).

You can touch up to 5 amiibo in Hyrule Warriors per day, to get assorted rewards, ranging from 1 rupee (gee, thanks, Hyrule Warriors, you're too generous...) to various materials for crafting upgrades/potions for your characters, or weapons (seems specific to LoZ amiibos)

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Mayor: What do you mean, “biblical”?
    Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
    Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
    Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, sligeach buying amiibo – mass hysteria.

Star Lord wrote: »
    You can touch up to 5 amiibo in Hyrule Warriors per day, to get assorted rewards, ranging from 1 rupee (gee, thanks, Hyrule Warriors, you're too generous...) to various materials for crafting upgrades/potions for your characters, or weapons (seems specific to LoZ amiibos)

I'm aware of those lesser rewards. I thought there was good rewards for the second and third scans after the Spinner. It seems you just unlock a random Level 3 Link weapon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Mayor: What do you mean, “biblical”?
    Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
    Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
    Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, sligeach buying amiibo – mass hysteria.

I don't like this new Amiibo buying Sligeach world we now live in, it's new and unexpected and, as such, fills me with fear of the unknown....

Do CeX vouchers from Ireland work in the uk? Same items are worth like €30 in credit down here and that's after the exchange. And the WiiU is €55 cheaper up north.
    Shrimping to get a second WiiU for the library Mario maker club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Do CeX vouchers from Ireland work in the uk? Same items are worth like €30 in credit down here and that's after the exchange. And the WiiU is €55 cheaper up north.
    Shrimping to get a second WiiU for the library Mario maker club.

I don't think they do. The accounts don't share for one thing, you need a UK account and then an Irish account.

I don't think they do. The accounts don't share for one thing, you need a UK account and then an Irish account.

Balls. I don't trust them in store to give me the right info. Got burned with them before.

Anyone have a cheap copy of Mario maker going? Cheapest I can see is €38 on Amazon de. Could be a bit cheaper if I didn't need it guaranteed next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Balls. I don't trust them in store to give me the right info. Got burned with them before.

Anyone have a cheap copy of Mario maker going? Cheapest I can see is €38 on Amazon de. Could be a bit cheaper if I didn't need it guaranteed next Thursday.

It was 44 quid on little woods. You could get it on little woods anyway then pay it off gradually.

If you are going up North it may also be worth having a look in here
    Or online Here for the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Free 10 sterling to spend on amazon over on bargain alerts , might be useful for some of ye,
    ends midmight http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619313
    note: it takes 2 euro out if you have a CC saved to the account, but aparently it comes back in a few days

Sweet! Could have done with it a couple of hours ago but sure I've 90 days to use it.

Just bought 7 Amiibo on Amazon - total price €35 delivered. €5 each. Includes Rya, Falco, Lucas, Roy, Blathers, Kicks and Timmy & Tommy (Couldn't resist those two!!)

For a fiver each, that's not bad. I did really want Ryu, Falco, Roy and Lucas. Including delivery, can't really argus with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Big sale found on Hot uk deals Not sure if they post to ireland, but I guess parcel motel would work. Pity bravely second is alread gone, I would have gone for that !

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3ds-fire-emblem-fates-birthright-22-95-conquest-19-95-hyrule-warriors-legends-limited-2476686#comments

Tri force heroes 20 quid in Argos on clearance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sligeach u sellout!! :D I feel I should probably buy an amiibo now, I mean if sligeach did.....yoshi one is really cool....don't have that game yet either.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement