Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sligeach u sellout!! I feel I should probably buy an amiibo now, I mean if sligeach did.....yoshi one is really cool....don't have that game yet either.....

I feel bad, dirty and disgusted. I don't know what came over me. I seen the prices of like Zero Suit Samus for €3.30 and thought sure why not. Didn't work out that cheap when the other amiibo were added and higher than postage charges came through. I regretted it the next day. Might sell them on yet. And I only really wanted the Yarn Yoshi but it had already sold out.

Edit: Just checked the site now and it's back in stock. Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Amazon keep dropping some of the Amiibo prices. I ordered some last week for about £30 and then they dropped to about £28.50. So I cancelled and reordered. Now it's less then a fiver each delivered (when combined). Mostly it's Animal Crossing Amiibo. Some are less then £3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0158WB602/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Roy is £3.79

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roy-No-55-amiibo-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B019MOC73W?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_385721_140927871_TE_item

Lottie is £2.92

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lottie-amiibo-Crossing-Collection-Nintendo/dp/B0158WB602?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_385721_140927871_TE_item

But note: Prices go up and down all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Never bought from Amazon before might try and get Roy on Wednesday

Never bought from Amazon before might try and get Roy on Wednesday

Yes, but you have to spend £25 to get free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Not if he gets a free prime trial he doesn't.

• Advertisement

Good thinking batman. :D

And it is Prime day tomorrow as well!

Lots of bargains (maybe)

alekito wrote: »
    And it is Prime day tomorrow as well!

Lots of bargains (maybe)

Fingers crossed but I'm not getting my hopes up.

A Wii U high capacity gamepad battery would be top of my list.

sligeach wrote: »
    Fingers crossed but I'm not getting my hopes up.

A Wii U high capacity gamepad battery would be top of my list.

I agree!! They are way too expensive. I mostly just play on the gamepad. Always charging.

I reordered the amiibo from Amazon. Saved another €2 from Friday. So if they drop tomorrow I will do it again.

I don't see anything now or planned for sale on Wii U today as part of the Prime sale. Or for 3DS. Unless something springs out of nowhere.

• Advertisement

I don't see anything now or planned for sale on Wii U today as part of the Prime sale. Or for 3DS. Unless something springs out of nowhere.

You are right, there seems to be nothing. Even the other deals are not that attractive. Better value over here.

Is it just me or is everyone talking about Pokemon Go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just like no one would expect...
    A bit like The Spanish Inquisition....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Bought Codename Steam for €9.98 in GameStop of all places yesterday!

Was cautious of reviews but for that price you can't really go wrong. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Bought Codename Steam for €9.98 in GameStop of all places yesterday!

Was cautious of reviews but for that price you can't really go wrong. :D

New or used?

Wii U High Capacity Battery is €19.95 on Amazon Spain. But they won't deliver to Ireland - or use Parcel Motel / Addresspal.

Any ideas or how to get it to Ireland?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wii U High Capacity Battery is €19.95 on Amazon Spain. But they won't deliver to Ireland - or use Parcel Motel / Addresspal.

Any ideas or how to get it to Ireland?

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL

It ships to the UK mainland so An post Addresspal should work

McLoughlin wrote: »

Hi, I tried using my Parcel Motel address and it wouldn't accept it. Maybe because that's Northern Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mirage sessions Fortissimo up on cool shop there now, only £77.95! In case anyone missed it and wants to pay loads for it

McLoughlin wrote: »

Costs €29 with Addresspal and postage included. Don't think it's a great deal. I've eventually got to check-out but don't think I'll buy it. I just can't do it. I still think nearly every week about the £5 deal around Christmas on HUKD and how I missed it by less than half an hour.

Costs €29 with Addresspal and postage included. Don't think it's a great deal. I've eventually got to check-out but don't think I'll buy it. I just can't do it. I still think nearly every week about the £5 deal around Christmas on HUKD and how I missed it by less than half an hour.

We all have one of those. I had a chance to buy a signed 1st of Cuckoo's Calling by Ribert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) for €25.
    Had it in my basket, preordered it and cancelled the order a month later. Cue my disappointment when it was revealed that the Harry Potter writer was the real author and prices rocketed up to €4-5000 overnight.
    Could have enabled me to keep all my retro games and buy a famicom AV and a whole other bunch of crap.
    I'll rue the day I tried to be sensible with my book buying till the day I die.
    Damn you JK Rowling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

New or used?

Brand new!

So the Prime Day "sale" is nearly over on Amazon.co.uk. I didn't see even 1 deal. :(

Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System

http://www.zavvi.com/games/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system/11318086.html

Just over €51 if you use Happy15 Code on preorder.

It can be cancelled as well, in case it shows up cheaper before November. But handy to have there. They also don't take money until it's dispatched. So all good.

Looks like an interesting system. Just for fun. Might be a hot Christmas toy

http://www.zavvi.com/games/nintendo-classic-mini-nintendo-entertainment-system/11318086.html

It can be cancelled as well, in case it shows up cheaper before November. But handy to have there. They also don't take money until it's dispatched. So all good.

Thanks for that. A great item for €51 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

My son literally told me about this an hour ago and wanted it for Xmas !
    Great stuff thanks

Damn was hoping Faxanadu was on the list of games, love that crazy game.

People are talking about how Contra should be included instead of Super C. But for me, I'd have preferred to see Ms Pac-man instead of the original Pac-man. It's a far better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Will more games be added or are they just rolling with the 30 they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Rorok wrote: »
    Will more games be added or are they just rolling with the 30 they have

Stuck with the original (great) 30. Read this.

• Advertisement

The Happy15 Code only worked yesterday. Might not work today. But sign up to their email. They do a Happy hour every so often and it works then. I also got one pound back through Quidco

Also, for your first order they give you 10% off with Welcome or Welcome10 - or they used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement