Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Hyrule Warrior Legends about €14 on Amazon. Free delivery if you spend £25. Could throw in a few amiibo or something else cheap?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-0045496472085-Hyrule-Warriors-3DS/dp/B00ZGEXJP8/?tag=hotukdeals03-21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Roy is 3.76. Ryu is 6ish
    And it's worth bearing in mind that with Animal Crossing New Leaf about to get an update to use Amiibo, the Animal Crossing ones are dirt cheap if you have the NFC attachment or an N3DS.

Banjo wrote: »
    Roy is 3.76. Ryu is 6ish
    And it's worth bearing in mind that with Animal Crossing New Leaf about to get an update to use Amiibo, the Animal Crossing ones are dirt cheap if you have the NFC attachment or an N3DS.

That is interesting. I don't have the game and it's almost £30 on Amazon. You would think that price would come down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hi all,

Preemptive apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm looking to pick up one of the metallic black New Nintendo 3DS XLs but I can't seem to source one for less than €200. I've checked the various Amazons (Italy and Spain won't seem to ship to Ireland), Game, Argos, Tecso Direct, etc with no luck. There is a cheap one on Rakuten but seemingly they're closing next month and I'd consider a 12 month warranty worth the extra few quid. Would anyone be able to point me in another direction?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've not looked for that, but you could try geizhals.eu

You can also limit your search to stores that only ship to Germany/Switzerland/Austria/Belgium/Netherlands.
    They are usually way cheaper and don't show up on when searching all of EU.
    Mailboxde.com is roughly €10 to ship something like a 3DS.

I'd be willing to bet that it's cheaper there.
    (also idealo.de and preis.de amongst others.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Hi all,

Preemptive apologies if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm looking to pick up one of the metallic black New Nintendo 3DS XLs but I can't seem to source one for less than €200. I've checked the various Amazons (Italy and Spain won't seem to ship to Ireland), Game, Argos, Tecso Direct, etc with no luck. There is a cheap one on Rakuten but seemingly they're closing next month and I'd consider a 12 month warranty worth the extra few quid. Would anyone be able to point me in another direction?

Thanks.

They're €189 from Amazon.de at the moment. I've never ordered from the German site but I've seen other people on boards talk about doing it. Have a look around the forum.

I ended up going with Amazon.co.uk though. It's just over the €200 from them.

Lego Batman 3 / Beyond Gotham is 17.99 in Argos
    http://checkargos.com/product/2809601
    Stock is a little spotty, and Smyths have had it for 19.99 for a while I think, but tis a grand price.

Lego Movie game, Lego Marvel Superheroes (which I personally adore), Lego Jurassic park and the 3DS versions of Batman 3 (with bag!) and Lego Movie are at the same price... but who can be arsed with all those links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MINECRAFT: WII U EDITION is £16.95 on Thegamecollection. That's <€24 including postage.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/minecraft-wii-u-edition-wii-u.html

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Limited Edition is €34.99 on Amazon France.

https://www.amazon.fr/Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-Montre-Boussole/dp/B018YST78U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Back at the ranch the regular gameslop are €69.99 this just in water is wet... :p;)

alekito wrote: »

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure if this is already reported, or just old news, but Majora's Mask for the WiiU via VC currently only €1.99 on the E-Shop.
    I mean I already own the thing a few times over, but at that price it is hard to ignore!

Damn, that's a so nice, as the other brother might say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not sure if this is already reported, or just old news, but Majora's Mask for the WiiU via VC currently only €1.99 on the E-Shop.
    I mean I already own the thing a few times over, but at that price it is hard to ignore!

Any link (:P) to this? I'm seeing €9.99 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

The_B_Man wrote:
    Any link ( ) to this? I'm seeing €9.99

Yah but Mario 64 is now 1.99, pity I got it.

The_B_Man wrote:
    Any link ( ) to this? I'm seeing €9.99

Yah but Mario 64 is now 1.99, pity I got it.

What are ye smoking? Both games are €9.99 on the Wii U eShop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It was sign posted as a Special Offer, at around 1am, that's when I bought Majora's Mask, seems Nintendo are doing flash sales for the real fans now.... [snigger] you plastic-pretend fans will just have to pay top dollar [/snigger]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got a 50% off offer on harvest moon.

A sale that was advertised nowhere, to no-one, at 1 in the morning for what an hour? *shakes head*

I really had a great night last night. Missed out on these games and endured Sega's presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

So they had a flash sale at 1am without telling anyone?

Sounds like Nintendo alright.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It was sign posted as a Special Offer, at around 1am, that's when I bought Majora's Mask, seems Nintendo are doing flash sales for the real fans now.... [snigger] you plastic-pretend fans will just have to pay top dollar [/snigger]

Where were these special offers sign posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    Where were these special offers sign posted?

In a dark cave on the virtual boy planet.

And this wasn't just the standard special offer price for having bought it on the wii?, which based on your previous comments you probably had?

Banjo wrote:
    And this wasn't just the standard special offer price for having bought it on the wii?, which based on your previous comments you probably had?

That must be why I have price of 1.99 beside Mario 64.

I have no idea tbh
    No indication it was due to my ownership of the Wii version, which would suggest joined up thinking by Nintendo concerning their online store, which is unlikely but welcome if true.
    I'll check about for more bargains.

Here's a current screen grab from my WiiU

4WjJzU9m.jpg

A trio of classic Street Fighter games are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console this week.
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers and Street Fighter Alpha 2 are all due on July 28th, and while the prices haven't been disclosed just yet (though it's likely they'll be £7.19, in line with other SNES games on the 3DS) there will be a buy two get one free offer available until August 11th.

A nice list of must haves if you're a SF2 fan at all.

Super Street Fighter for me, love Dee Jay long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Super Street Fighter for me, love Dee Jay long time.

Best worst character!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement