Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

11% off at the Game Collection. Good price for Mario 3D World after the discount - £25.77. or a 2DS with Tomodachi life £66.11. Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival £15.09 and so on.

BIRTHDAY11

http://thegamecollection.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=44c51e6d01bdda1abcb50236c&id=0901b65221&e=6a5e6eb7b2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

alekito wrote: »

Great price that.

I see Zelda Tri Force Heroes is down to €16.99 also, link. Not sure how good it is playing solo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Great price that.

I see Zelda Tri Force Heroes is down to €16.99 also, link. Not sure how good it is playing solo though.

Yeah I'd be tempted to pick it up but I've read mixed things about the single player, I don't think I'd get to play this much online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah I'd be tempted to pick it up but I've read mixed things about the single player, I don't think I'd get to play this much online.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Great price that.

Thanks for the price links. The main obstacle for me in buying TFH is that it's either 1 player with 2 CPU controlled links, or 3 player. There's no in between.

Exactly three players is weirdly awkward number, and I haven't been confident about putting a group together for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

In single player, the other Links aren't CPU controlled, they're statues when you're not controlling them, which can be pretty handy when you're trying to solve some problems, as CPU controlled ones often do. From my own experience, human controlled players online can be as bad if not worse...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is playing through TriForce heroes and loving it in Singleplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On Amazon for £12.49 now so I just got it along with Uncharted 4 which got cheaper as well. And the latest volume of Saga. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

STAR FOX ZERO (WII U) is £17.95 on Thegamecollection, plus £2 for delivery. So it works out at €23.50 total. It's a 24 hour flash sale so you may need to move quickly as they usually set a certain amount of stock aside. Still think this can and will go lower.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/star-fox-zero-wii-u.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    STAR FOX ZERO (WII U) is £17.95 on Thegamecollection, plus £2 for delivery. So it works out at €23.50 total. It's a 24 hour flash sale so you may need to move quickly as they usually set a certain amount of stock aside. Still think this can and will go lower.

It's a great buy, the control issues have melted away with familiarity and the game itself is a whole lot of fun, and Polygon should be ashamed of themselves for not properly reviewing it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Shame I'm so poor right now, or I'd be all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Puzzle n Dragons for 3DS (PnD Z + PnD Super Mario Edition) - €11.99 in Argos
    http://checkargos.com/product/5559226
    Stock looks plentiful.
    In all honesty I picked this up back when it dropped to €16.99, and it felt like they got the better end of the deal then. If you've never played a match-3 game (or are a big fan of PnD's slightly different way of doing things) and don't own a mobile phone, maybe you'll like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

sligeach wrote: »

shame it doesnt have the version with star fox guard as part of it. i've heard thats almost better than the zero

magnumbud wrote: »
    shame it doesnt have the version with star fox guard as part of it. i've heard thats almost better than the zero

It's not, it's fun, but Starfox Zero is really good, just take a little time with the controls and you'll have every bit as much enjoyment from it as you did from the Snes and N64 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    If you've never played a match-3 game (or are a big fan of PnD's slightly different way of doing things) and don't own a mobile phone, maybe you'll like it?

That sounds like a tough sell!

What an amazing website though (stock checker). :cool:

Co7LIbDXgAA9jQh.jpg:large

Grab a bargain from CEX, only €70 for the game on its own. I was in there last week. They had other delights like Wind Waker for €45 when it can be bought online new for ~€22. And remember CEX games are secondhand and I can only imagine what the games are like when the box is a generic black or white. Others like Star Fox Zero(€42) and Star Fox Guard(€22) were €64 when you can buy the Collectors Edition which comes with the steel book for €50 online. I'm sorry I gave Gamestop, the thieves €65. It was the only place in Ireland and I thought it would disappear quickly.

And what is up with nearly everyone on Adverts charging crazy prices for their Wii U products? These ads go for months with no offers. Like just now, someone put up a secondhand copy of Super Mario Maker for €60 when Thegamecollection will send it to your door new for €38.

/rant

Edit: One other ad that especially annoyed me is someone asking for €110 for a gamepad only, nothing else. Ridiculous! When another person on there sold their Wii U console, accessories, gamepad and Rayman Legends yesterday for €125.

now /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Couldn't agree more! Better value to be had online!

I do have Tri-Force heroes reserved at Argos. I'm still middling if I should buy it at €16.99.

I just bought a couple of those hidden object games at €1 each in the e-shop ... they are strangely addictive .... €16.99 seems like a lot in comparison!

Or Puzzle & Dragons for €11.99??

Well, it's nice to see someone other than Gamestop getting abused for high prices for a change.
    And CEX are pretty crap for WiiU titles.
    I'm still waiting for an affordable Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CeX really need to adapt to the Ninty Classics range...it's throwing their prices way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I was in CEX Tallaght yesterday and they had some decent GameCube games if that's your thing. However I checked the price of Paper Mario TTYD and it was €85. Not sure of the going rate but it seemed a bit excessive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Cé X isn't known for good value, only for being convenient (which it often isn't). Still that is a shocking price

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

What/where's the cheapest you can get a 3ds these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'm more annoyed by the fact cex has put the price of pokemon stuff up significantly since Pokemon Go came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Shocking prices but I have benefited from their stupidity in the past (getting more cash trade in than u originally paid) so long may it continue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Smyths have the older (silver) 3DS XL for €119.99 with Mario & Sonic Rio 2016 and a charger

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/nintendo3dsdealtwo/

And the older (blue) 3DS XL for €119.99 with Yo-Kai Watch and a charger

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-694/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/p-3931/nintendo-3ds-xl-console-blue/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I'm more annoyed by the fact cex has put the price of pokemon stuff up significantly since Pokemon Go came out.

Same thing happened when Fallout 4 released, 3, GOTY, New Vegas all shot up in price. It's actually got a lot to do with the automated pricing thingamabob. The more stock sells the price creeps up due to too little copies to meet demand or some nonsense. You see it with phones even, certain colours can sometimes have €30 odd difference in price. Usually the expensive colour has far fewer overall stock.

Only really noticeable when something suddenly goes from selling normally to being sold out/massive demand.

GameCube games were different, I think that was a conscious decision to match the rage and online etc.

They get it wrong a lot too, although the majority of the time it's alright. Bargains are rare like most brick and mortars. I grabbed Resi 2/3/code V for the Gamecube when they were under €15 and stuff. A wavebird for like €18. Pokemon XD for under €30 iirc.

Those days might be over although Tingle on DS for €7, stuff like that appears every now and then.

Place is alright. But yeah, windwaker etc on Wii U has been a weird one for ages.

CEX aren't complete mercenaries. I got a boxed Wii Balance Board for €3 and uDraw Tablet with uDraw Studio, again fully boxed for a few Euro from them. And some other Wii games for pittance.

But dealing with current gen stuff they're very expensive. And their mark up is crazy high. Take Xenoblade Chronicles X, they pay €19 cash for it but charge €45. And they've over 20 in stock online plus more in store. I wish some of those people had sold their copy to me because I've offered €28 posted on Adverts and have been told it's not enough. And you know Gamestop and Smyths will offer the same trade-in value.

GTA IV caused GS to raise the prices of all of their PS2 amd Xbox GTA stock, no surprises there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Cash is rarely the way to go. Xenoblade is like €27 voucher which isn't so bad. Although its still a jump to €45. Cash is I guess an option if you want to avoid the hassle and time waste private selling can be if you dont mind taking the hit.

Depends.

They have the Logitech G920 for €220. Some stuff like that can surprise you. Also it's unreal craic with Dirt Rally.

• Advertisement

Danonino. wrote: »
    Cash is rarely the way to go. Xenoblade is like €27 voucher which isn't so bad. Although its still a jump to €45. Cash is I guess an option if you want to avoid the hassle and time waste private selling can be if you dont mind taking the hit.

Depends.

They have the Logitech G920 for €220. Some stuff like that can surprise you. Also it's unreal craic with Dirt Rally.

But credit(vouchers) means you've to buy something from their overpriced store. Not everyone wants that option and they're taking more off you if you use credit unless you spot a bargain. Cash is king as the saying goes. And would go further online than credit in their shop.

As an example, to buy Super Mario 3D World is €48 on their site, so that €27 credit off leaves €21 cash difference to make up. Buying it online new delivered costs €39.50 minus €19 cash, so that's €20.50 to make up the difference. So overall the difference may be about the same but you've a new game as opposed to secondhand and it's delivered to your door, buy it online secondhand instead and you'd save more money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement