Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Or just sell privately. I get your point but your ignoring the fact that there is plenty of stuff in the shops that are well priced, 3D world is one end of the scale, Tingle's rosy rupeeland on DS for €7 is the other. There's always gonna be online, or a sale or adverts.

Games new I only understand if keeping sealed or dlc codes etc. If complete with manuals and minty fresh then I couldn't care.

Take the Logitech wheel I mentioned. A two year warranty from a shop with free delivery I'll take that over an eBay purchase to save maybe €30/40 (quick search of average completed with delivery) any day. Why Cex has blown up is the way you can mak that €30/40 quid up by trading in a phone you don't use, a copy of xenoblade and a bunch of family guy boxsets.

It's an option, not the best way to sell or buy things for the most profit, just one way to do it.

I do agree that thier pricing has taken a bit of a bad turn and has gotten spotty the last year, certain stuff is way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CEX have copped on a lot more to whats valuable online these days. Stuff like Twilight Princess Gamecube used to be around €39-45 for a good while and a few used to come in and out of stock the odd time. Now it's €75.

Have only ever bought a few things in there but traded in lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What I dislike about the credit from CEX is you have to hold on to the receipt they give you, if you're not using it right away. They can't put it on your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What I dislike about the credit from CEX is you have to hold on to the receipt they give you, if you're not using it right away. They can't put it on your card.

Yeah what I've heard is they trialed it in the UK but people were getting their cards stolen and the like. Could be nonsense and hearsay but I guess it makes sense.

Take a photograph of the voucher, they don't actually need the physical paper to process it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U is £24.85 at Shopto. Postage is £3. Comes to about just under €33.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUX00-xenoblade-chronicles-x

It's also about £28 on Amazon UK and that qualifies for free postage through Prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KL4PQ1I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The £ to € exchange may spell certain doom for Irish exports to the UK, but it means good times for importing videogames from there, while we still have jobs to pay for it all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously but saw this in Smyths Carrickmines yesterday. A quick Google says the game isn't great but some of the Amiibo fans around here might still be interested. The Wii-U version was €25 I think.

S1Qw1Hr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I'm selling some wii games, but I could find a price for Star Wars the clone wars republic heroes, around how much would it go for, or is it so rare I should keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If you go to cex they'll send off a price request for it and give you a price. Otherwise Gamestop/Smyths is a crap shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Rorok wrote: »
    I'm selling some wii games, but I could find a price for Star Wars the clone wars republic heroes, around how much would it go for, or is it so rare I should keep it

Google tells me its 10 quid on ebay. Its got very poor reviews so would say you'd be lucky to het that for a game its age too

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    Google tells me its 10 quid on ebay. Its got very poor reviews so would say you'd be lucky to het that for a game its age too

The combat was terrible I remeber that, I liked the platforming they had though and the characters were cool. But there was some terrible sections and the puzzles were just pull a random lever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't collect these, so i don't know if this is really any good, but i know some of yis collect them.

Gamestop, Tallaght today.

Edit: Can't attach picture. Bunch of Amiibos for €7.47 each.

Symths had that kirby game on the Wii U for 25 quid pre owned.

HMV in Dundrum is closing and they've got a lot of sales there, got 2 styluses for 70c, there were a ton of offical 2ds cases there aswell, the only other thing I noticed was some cover pad for the wii fit. Probably is more if you go searching. (If you get the stuff from the 70c boxes you have to say it btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Symths had that kirby game on the Wii U for 25 quid pre owned.

I enjoyed it. It was oddly satisfying stringing a few rainbows together.

I generally don't understand the appeal of conventional Kirby games. There is almost zero challenge which not a good sign for any platformer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sent a very good bargain well I think it is.

Ds I pokemon white eg the Ltd console with the game.

45 euros in gamestop Patrick St cork.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can someone scout out a cheap copy of Pikmin 3 please?
    I can't find it anywhere!
    There's a single copy in GS Tallaght for €34.99
    Might have to just dig deep and pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thought it was released as a Select but looks like that's just the States. find-game.co.uk tells me the cheapest is £29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Mario Maker reduced to £23.11 (approx. €27) on Amazon's deals of the day today. Need to add something small to get the free delivery though.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought it was released as a Select but looks like that's just the States. find-game.co.uk tells me the cheapest is £29.99

Damn...
    I'll keep my eyes peeled on Adverts....

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn...
    I'll keep my eyes peeled on Adverts....

a lot of nintendo made games keep their value so unless you find it second hand i doubt you'll find it that much cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I bit the bullet & picked it up in CeX last year Cidey, it's increasingly unlikely that it'll show up cheaper at this stage, short of a Players Choice re-release.

its a great game, i bought it launch day. one of the many gems on the wiiu

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Can someone scout out a cheap copy of Pikmin 3 please? I can't find it anywhere! There's a single copy in GS Tallaght for €34.99 Might have to just dig deep and pay it.

Pretty sure when I got it from CeX it was 30 quid, if say that's the best price you're going to find for it unfortunately, but maybe sligeach will prove us wrong xD

CliCliW wrote: »
    Pretty sure when I got it from CeX it was 30 quid, if say that's the best price you're going to find for it unfortunately, but maybe sligeach will prove us wrong xD

I looked earlier and couldn't find anything under £30 online.

Gamestop says there's a couple of new copies scattered around the country for €20.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=44233

sligeach wrote: »
    I looked earlier and couldn't find anything under £30 online.

Gamestop says there's a couple of new copies scattered around the country for €20.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=44233

Nope, they are all preowned copies :(

I'm surprised at just how hard to find it is, even in WiiU titles for sale on Adverts.
    I have an alert there so perhaps it'll pop up nearby.

All Gamestop games technically are secondhand. None of their games are sealed unless you buy Collectors Editions. That's what I've always experienced with them.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-download-081116-europe-super-paper-mario-megaman-x2-x3-more/

Europe eshop deals and new stuff.

Some great stuff there for 3ds, megaman legacy collection, both of the Phoenix Wright games :D and a harvest moon plus a good bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

Rorok wrote:
    Europe eshop deals and new stuff.

Some great stuff there for 3ds, megaman legacy collection, both of the Phoenix Wright games and a harvest moon plus a good bit more

Virtue's last reward couldn't have gone on sale at a better time, I'm currently in the process of finishing 999 and I've enjoyed it so much. I can't wait to move onto the rest of the series!

• Advertisement

Might get those megaman games for 12 quid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement