Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Rorok wrote: »
    Some great stuff there for 3ds, megaman legacy collection, both of the Phoenix Wright games :D and a harvest moon plus a good bit more

Is that Harvest Moon game any good? I loved Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, lookin for something similar. They seem to keep adding more RPG/story elements. I just wanna get my farm on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CliCliW wrote: »
    Virtue's last reward couldn't have gone on sale at a better time, I'm currently in the process of finishing 999 and I've enjoyed it so much. I can't wait to move onto the rest of the series!

Ditto! I just started playing it about a month ago and finally got all of the endings! Cracking game! Started Virtue's last reward a week ago :D

Glad to see the phoneix wright games on sale also, a particular favourite of mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Isn't that the HM where the publisher split from the developer - the publisher kept the name, the developer released Story of Seasons (which is the "continuity" HM). I've played one or 2 of the DS releases and SoS - there's a huge amount of RPG bull**** going on and the farming aspect almost seems tacked on.

If only they'd put some sort of farming angle on to Animal Crossing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Banjo wrote: »
    Isn't that the HM where the publisher split from the developer - the publisher kept the name, the developer released Story of Seasons (which is the "continuity" HM). I've played one or 2 of the DS releases and SoS - there's a huge amount of RPG bull**** going on and the farming aspect almost seems tacked on.

If only they'd put some sort of farming angle on to Animal Crossing....

I'd love to play Stardew Valley, but HM games are for portable devices in my head for some reason, can't imagine playing one on the big screen. Stardew Valley on 3DS would be ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It's OK to buy digital games sometimes instead of physical? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's OK to buy digital games sometimes instead of physical? :(

You would imagine her "people" would have requested a more flattering frame grab for the video...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You would imagine her "people" would have requested a more flattering frame grab for the video...

You just obliterated my Recommended list. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Wii U) is €14.39 on Base.com plus €1.55 for postage. Under €16 total, you can't go wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is the megaman legacy collection good for 3ds without any nostalgia point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-download-081116-europe-super-paper-mario-megaman-x2-x3-more/

Europe eshop deals and new stuff.

Some great stuff there for 3ds, megaman legacy collection, both of the Phoenix Wright games :D and a harvest moon plus a good bit more

Is this sale over already? I went to pick up a game on the Web Store and it's full price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭jos22

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is this sale over already? I went to pick up a game on the Web Store and it's full price?

starting Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Is the megaman legacy collection good for 3ds without any nostalgia point?

if you like the megaman games of old. its just the first 6 games nothing else of note about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

'Just the first 6 games', 'just'!

Jeez, you mus be hard to please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    'Just the first 6 games', 'just'!

Jeez, you mus be hard to please :pac:

lol i meant that its not like they did them up in any way if thats what was expected :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Thinking of picking up a WiiU mostly for the virtual console. Anyone know of the best deals? Had a look at pricespy but not much info there.

Wud I have to get the larger drive version if I intend buying a retro collection of sorts?

Sry for all the qs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thinking of picking up a WiiU mostly for the virtual console. Anyone know of the best deals? Had a look at pricespy but not much info there.

Wud I have to get the larger drive version if I intend buying a retro collection of sorts?

Sry for all the qs

New Wii U's seem to stay at their price. Have a look on adverts.ie.

Edit: At a glance there's a 32gb one there with some games and extra wii controllers for €200.
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/like-new-nintendo-wii-u/11099536

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    New Wii U's seem to stay at their price. Have a look on adverts.ie.

Edit: At a glance there's a 32gb one there with some games and extra wii controllers for €200.
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/like-new-nintendo-wii-u/11099536

Thanks for that. WiiU a better bet than the Wii for virtual console or other way round?

Again sorry for all the qs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Thanks for that. WiiU a better bet than the Wii for virtual console or other way round?

I'll leave that to one of the other lads on this thread, they'd know far more than me. Apologies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Unless you are planning to install homebrew on your console the WiiU is better.
    That said, you can probably get a Wii with games and a couple of controllers for around €40, install the Homebrew channel and you're off to the races.
    Tons of info out there on this, and you'll have access to a series of emulators that'll keep you in retro games for the rest of your days.
    SNES, Megadrive, PC Engine, NES, Master System, Gameboy series, all working great on the Wii.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Unless you are planning to install homebrew on your console the WiiU is better.
    That said, you can probably get a Wii with games and a couple of controllers for around €40, install the Homebrew channel and you're off to the races.
    Tons of info out there on this, and you'll have access to a series of emulators that'll keep you in retro games for the rest of your days.
    SNES, Megadrive, PC Engine, NES, Master System, Gameboy series, all working great on the Wii.

I've a bit of research to do so. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

ANIMAL CROSSING: AMIIBO FESTIVAL WITH ISABELLE AMIIBO + DIGBY AMIIBO + THREE AMIIBO CARDS (WII U) is £9.99 on TheGameCollection. Postage is another £2. Under €14 delivered when converted.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-with-isabelle-amiibo-digby-amiibo-three-amiibo-cards-wii-u.html

And Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) is €13.91 on Base.com. Postage is €1.55. So €15.81 total. It's a very good game.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/resident-evil-revelations-wii-u/dgc-resierwiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Disney Infinity (original) Starter Pack for Wii U is €10 on the clearance table in my local gamestop. Looks like 3 figurines included.

It the base game worth it for a tenner? I won't be buying any more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Here I go again!

The original with 3 figures is grand. You get Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles.
    Incredibles is a city - you run around, punch stuff and jump off buildings. Monsters I never got around to. Pirates is a combination of platforming and fighting. It's fun. For a tenner, it's fun.
    All of them will be 1 player only though, as you can only play in the game world with relevant characters - no Captain Jack / Sulley teamups to take on Syndrome.

Note : Smyths have v1.0 figures 3 for a tenner, if you pick up Dash/Violet (Incredibles), Mike/Randall (Monsters) and Barbarossa/Davey Jones (you can have 2 player Infinity for 20 quid :D

You also get the toybox. 1.0 was quite limited but you can still spawn land, vehicles and enemies like crazy and throw eachother into vast abysses. You can download other people's worlds, make rudimentary adventures with buttons and rules and whatnot...

All in all, for a tenner it's good.
    Don't get the 3DS version though unless you just want the statues.

Also, it's addictive, especially with the prices of 2 and 3 coming down.

Finally, be aware that the servers for the PC version are going offline next month I think, if you want to activate the code for the PC version and download your characters you're running out of time.

Sound, Banjo - cheers! Can't go wrong for a tenner - I'll pick it up after work.

There was a whole bunch of deals in GS today, the 3 for 2 was terrible but the 50% off Amiibo, Infinity and Lego Dimensions figures was good, older Lego sets though, and Amiibo, the recent stuff is still full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Looking to buy a Wii U as a gift, are there any good deals these days? Seems like every bundle is over €300.

I remember a few years ago they were going dirt cheap, for a bit under €200, around the time 'it had no games'.

Sry for all the qs

TNT2k_ wrote: »
    Looking to buy a Wii U as a gift, are there any good deals these days? Seems like every bundle is over €300.

I remember a few years ago they were going dirt cheap, for a bit under €200, around the time 'it had no games'.

Keep an eye on this ad on Ebay. It's reasonably priced right now and bidding ends in a bit over 7 hours.

Edit: Posting the link would be useful now wouldn't it? :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Wii-U-Mario-Luigi-Premium-Pack-32GB-Black-with-games-accessories-/252491897993?hash=item3ac9b09c89:g:Z0YAAOSwV0RXp5ZY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Animal crossing New left became a Nintendo select in America if IRC, does that mean it could become one here too soon
    (Same with the luigi mansion game)

The last batch of selects came out on March 11th in the States and June 24th here.

The next batch is August 26th in the States, so if the pattern follows, the next batch will be some time in October?

• Advertisement

Hoping that Pikmin 3 will be one of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement