Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

bkrangle wrote: »
    Pokemon red, blue and yellow for virtual console are going for £5.86 on shopto

The code appears in your account details immediately upon purchase

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/download/NDO2280260-3ds-ddc-vc-pokemon-yellow
    There aren't any region-related issues with this, are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    There aren't any region-related issues with this, are there?

I bought yellow and it worked fine........just beat Brock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Argos have the older 3DS XL for €124.99.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9099036/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CNintendo+3DS%7C25696310/c_3/4%7Ccat_25696310%7CNintendo+3DS+consoles%7C25730482.htm

It's not as good as the deal Smyths had recently which was €119.99 with a game and charger. There may be some left there.

Looks like everywhere is clearing out stock of the older 3DS XL.

Edit: Ah, there's a free game with the Argos deal too, no charger though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I saw Argos has €7 off most of the games that were announced as selects in America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Xenoblade Chronicles X is £22.85 from Shopto.net. Postage is £3. Works out at €30.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUX00-xenoblade-chronicles-x

I think it will go lower. In recent weeks Amazon and Shopto have had it for about £25. Now it's a couple of £ cheaper. I'd prefer to buy it from somewhere like Base as they've better postage rates. It'll definitely hit £20, whether it goes lower I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Super Mario 3D World £16.85 + £1.29 Shipping. Pre-order. Ships end of Sept. That's about €21.50

Great, great, great, great game.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/super-mario-3d-world-wii-u-selects/dgc-sm3dswiiu.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Because I'm a masochist, I braved the Naas Smyth's fire sale this evening - 40% off everything, although suspiciously they don't have any games. I was well pleased pick up an original 3DSXL for €72 (that's Santa sorted). They also had a small number of 2DSs and New 3DSs with the 40% off too.

Reasonable selection of amiibos as well, including Mega Yarn Yoshis down to €24 I think - I resisted with some difficulty). Plenty of the small Ninty toy figurines too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Because I'm a masochist, I braved the Naas Smyth's fire sale this evening - 40% off everything, although suspiciously they don't have any games. I was well pleased pick up an original 3DSXL for €72 (that's Santa sorted). They also had a small number of 2DSs and New 3DSs with the 40% off too.

Reasonable selection of amiibos as well, including Mega Yarn Yoshis down to €24 I think - I resisted with some difficulty). Plenty of the small Ninty toy figurines too.

When did this happen?
    Any more 3DS consoles in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭coffee to go

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When did this happen?
    Any more 3DS consoles in stock?

Just started today. Bit mad in there, security enforced queue outside etc.

Had at least 2 more old xl models and 3 or more each of the 2ds and new 3ds. Behind counter to left of entrance when I was there circa 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

And these things never happen in Dublin, christ.

Sigh.

• Advertisement

So, what's that, about €140 for the latest 3ds xl? Damn.

Does anyone know where I could get The Wonderful 101 cheapish?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Fair play to Argos for turning £20 into an extra €5 for Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

sligeach wrote: »

No surprise there.

Shocking that this was over €100 when it first came out.

I heard it's good but not sure it's my type of game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Out of the box you only get around 40 songs, and there's very little in terms of classic rock. It's mostly newer stuff and it's fairly eclectic. Check the track list and see what you think.

Granted, Guitar Hero TV has a huge roster of tracks, but it's online only : You play whatever they happen to be streaming at the time and the music video plays for visual. Yes, you can buy / earn plays where you select a specific song, but unless I've missed something huge you do not get to "own" the track, to download for offline play. It's one-off plays of your favourites or whatever playing. And that would be of more concern if the servers shut down.

Rayman Legends for Nintendo WiiU is €15.66 on Gameseek plus a couple of £ for delivery.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames2uphxjgkwt/

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Banjo wrote: »
    Out of the box you only get around 40 songs, and there's very little in terms of classic rock. It's mostly newer stuff and it's fairly eclectic. Check the track list and see what you think.

Granted, Guitar Hero TV has a huge roster of tracks, but it's online only : You play whatever they happen to be streaming at the time and the music video plays for visual. Yes, you can buy / earn plays where you select a specific song, but unless I've missed something huge you do not get to "own" the track, to download for offline play. It's one-off plays of your favourites or whatever playing. And that would be of more concern if the servers shut down.

I'll have a look at the playlist, sometimes they can be a bit hit or miss in these games!!

Also I don't think the Wii U online will be around by the end of next year!

LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (WII U) is £22.95 on Thegamecollection.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/lego-star-wars-the-force-awakens-wii-u.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »

I seem to remember them selling Skyward Sword super cheap a while ago.

Raging i didn't pick up a sealed one.

They were selling pokemon white 2 for 11 last year. We could have made a mint on those right now if we'd thought ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

They were selling pokemon white 2 for 11 last year. We could have made a mint on those right now if we'd thought ahead.

That's super cheap. I would have picked one of those up to play though.

Why would you have made a mint selling them on?

That's super cheap. I would have picked one of those up to play though.

Why would you have made a mint selling them on?

Cos cex has inflated the value of Pokemon games right now with Pokemon Go, so white 2 is worth 37 quid in cex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Cos cex has inflated the value of Pokemon games right now with Pokemon Go, so white 2 is worth 37 quid in cex.

Ugh...I sometimes wonder do cex actually realise that theyre sellling second hand games, theres usually only maybe 5 euro difference between used in cex and new everywhere else,sometimes its the same price.

I saw a copy of soul silver in cex the last day for 75 euro or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

70 euros for pokemon x?

Really what are they smoking haha.

You know you goofed when Argos, Symths and even GameStop are cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

70 euros for pokemon x?

Really what are they smoking haha.

I saw that the other day. They had ORAS for 60 as well. It boggles the minds, especially when the digital copy is readily available for 45 from the eShop. It's not like it's a game you can't get anywhere else. I do think the physical copy is getting harder to get, as I saw on Twitter that Smyths have been sold out for a bit.

You know you goofed when Argos, Symths and even GameStop are cheaper!

That's the thing. They're probably looking at Gamestop and thinking, "well they're somehow not dead yet, why don't we copy their business model?" I'd be curious to know are they shifting any copies of their over inflatedly priced games? There's fools everywhere. Just look at Adverts as another example. People with unrealistic expectations and bloated prices. Shop around and you'll buy those games from online retailers cheaper. The same goes for the consoles, asking for €250+ when an Irish seller sold their boxed 32GB Mario Kart 8/Splatoon console bundle for just under €150 including postage at the weekend just gone on Ebay. Or Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'm looking to buy the game just on its own, there's a seller that was asking for €60, it's <€30 including postage to buy online, yet they'll stand there for months in the hope that they'll hook some passing fool. Like all the other ads.
    animals-fish-fishing-fishing_rod-fisherman-angler-pjun62_low.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have gave up on adverts for buying myself. Just full of nobs who this there stuff is worth crazy money and get upset when you offer then a fair price and block you and don't stop to insult you.

Like i wonted to buy a copy of god of war 3 for the PS4. Its 15 euro in CEX so 10 euros is the must i go. People wont more then what CEX are selling for it like. PEOPLE ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement